Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:27:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin-app.com - Facebook Bitcoin App - 0.01 BTC welcome present  (Read 5533 times)
th3.r00t

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2012, 08:15:58 PM

There is something wrong here.

I requested withdrawal of 0.02BTC from your service.
The transaction is this 66a126abff729e3f54797a8055e82d220a046d1802e559cdd692f1bea07effc9

There is no miners fee in the transaction although the send page claim 0.0005 miners fee and 0.0001 service fee from my balance.

Where is the miners fee and this case https://blockchain.info/tx-index/3424973/66a126abff729e3f54797a8055e82d220a046d1802e559cdd692f1bea07effc9
What will happen to the balance after the transaction will not be included in block due the lack of fee.

I have two questions:
1. Do you keep the miners fee on top of the service fee?
2. What about the service fee in this case, will it be returned after the transaction is not included in block for some time?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trudi (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 10:27:46 PM

There is something wrong here.

I requested withdrawal of 0.02BTC from your service.
The transaction is this 66a126abff729e3f54797a8055e82d220a046d1802e559cdd692f1bea07effc9

There is no miners fee in the transaction although the send page claim 0.0005 miners fee and 0.0001 service fee from my balance.

Where is the miners fee and this case https://blockchain.info/tx-index/3424973/66a126abff729e3f54797a8055e82d220a046d1802e559cdd692f1bea07effc9
What will happen to the balance after the transaction will not be included in block due the lack of fee.

I have two questions:
1. Do you keep the miners fee on top of the service fee?
2. What about the service fee in this case, will it be returned after the transaction is not included in block for some time?

Hi!

I checked your transaction. Everything went fine.

It's a bit technical now:
The miners fee is somehow dictated by the original bitcoin client and depends on the size (in bytes) of yet open transactions that are to be included into the next block. This miners fee will likely be not more than 0.0005  (it could be more, but also 0 and I can't influence it).
Before I submit the transaction I check if you would have enough coint to pay a miners fee of 0.0005 BTC. If you don't have enough coins, you get the message you got when you first tried it (with not enough coins).

The answers to your 2 questions:
1. I don't keep the miners fee, its the miner who gets it. If the original bitcoin client allows to submit the transaction with no fee at all (as in your case), you won't even pay the fee. If you check your balance you will realize that you have not paid the fee.
2. The service fee is only charged when the transaction was submitted successfully.

trudi (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 08:55:41 AM

I'm working to integrate Bitcoin with Diaspora. Much better than Facebook, open source and distributed social network...   Wink

Yes, I heard about it. Diaspora sounds to be a great project. They also provide some kind of API for writing apps?
rizzy

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 02:49:50 PM

they say free but ment fee  Roll Eyes
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 03:05:02 PM

Broken. Cannot withdraw anything.

Don't waste your time folks. Move on.
trudi (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 05:41:05 PM

It's definitely not broken. You should read the messages you get presented carefully.
Have fun with it like all the others!

And thanks to all the others! So many users in just 2 days. I'm excited!
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 05:46:12 PM

It's definitely not broken. You should read the messages you get presented carefully.

Really ?

"You wanted to send 0.010000 BTC and have to pay a withdrawal fee (0.5%) of 0.000050 BTC and a BC fee of 0.000500 (total 0.010550 BTC) but have only 0.010000 BTC!" when I want to withdraw 0.00945 BTC.

What is the deal Huh

When I try and withdraw 0.0009 it still does not work and I get a blank page.

Definitely looks damn broken to me ...
trudi (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 06:50:31 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2012, 07:17:53 PM by trudi

Really ?

"You wanted to send 0.010000 BTC and have to pay a withdrawal fee (0.5%) of 0.000050 BTC and a BC fee of 0.000500 (total 0.010550 BTC) but have only 0.010000 BTC!" when I want to withdraw 0.00945 BTC.

What is the deal Huh

When I try and withdraw 0.0009 it still does not work and I get a blank page.

Definitely looks damn broken to me ...

So, everything is correct here.

One of the about 5 lines of text the bitcoin-app prints on the screes says "(rounded with granularity 0.01)".
Your withdrawal amount  0.00945 BTC is thus rounded  (correctly) to 0.01 BTC with granularity 0.01.
That should explain all the rest of the output you got.
uncaer9

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 08:25:36 PM

Thanks, I've just sent 0.01 BTC to my friend, hope he'll claim that Smiley

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
     ▄████▀                 ▀████▄
   ▄███▀
  ▄██▀
 ▄██▀   ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██▀    ████████▀▀   ▀▀████████
███     ██████▀  ██▄▄   ▀██████     ███
███     ██████   ██████  ██████     ███
███     ██████▄  ██▀▀   ▄██████     ███
▀██▄    ████████▄▄   ▄▄████████    ▄██▀
 ▀██▄   ▀█████████████████████▀   ▄██▀
  ▀██▄                           ▄██▀
   ▀███▄                       ▄███▀
     ▀████▄                 ▄████▀
       ▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
           ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
PUREVIDZ█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
[][████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄               ▄█████▄   ▄▄
██▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄        ▄█████████████▀
▀█████▄▄     ████████████▀
 ▀██████████▄████████████
█████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████████
   ███████████████████
    ▀▀██████████████▀
     ▄▄███████████▀
▀███████████████▀
  ▀▀████████▀▀
]█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
trudi (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 08:26:51 AM

Thanks, I've just sent 0.01 BTC to my friend, hope he'll claim that Smiley

Great. And believe me, I hope that too Smiley
trudi (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 02:02:47 PM

gonna test

Perfect. Hope you liked it.
sexystick

Activity: 60

Bitcoin & Litecoin Accepted Here

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 02:37:12 PM

Can you make a Facebook Litecoin App??
I'll donate...
Awesome work!
trudi (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 07:56:21 PM

Can you make a Facebook Litecoin App??
I'll donate...
Awesome work!

Thanks!
Well, let's first see if it can sustain itself with bitcoins. Currently looks good. We got about 70 users in only 3 days.
trudi (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 08:01:00 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2012, 08:12:22 AM by trudi

28 of 100 slots left

http://bitcoin-app.com
trudi (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:57:51 AM

I saw already. You look-up a friend.

You can send coins to any Facebook member, not only to your friends (see the search button)
realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 09:43:05 AM

It seems free between users that use the app.

Anyway, as he said it's in beta ... It's better if you show more love and suggestions Wink

Go use http://apps.facebook.com/yougotcoin/ and learn something.

What is wrong with the people writing these apps?

Quote from: yougotcoin
THIS APP WILL RECEIVE:
  • Your basic info
  • Your email address
  • Your birthday

Quote from: bitcoinapp
THIS APP WILL RECEIVE:
  • Your basic info
  • Your email address

Why on earth does a bitcoin app need access to any personal information whatsoever?

Are the authors just hoping that because its facebook, people won't care about their privacy?  Possibly not; but to get a foothold they've got to get their apps promoted by existing bitcoiners to their facebook friends.  There is no way in hell I'm going to recommend any app that asks for more information than it needs to operate.

yougotcoin: fail
bitcoin-app: fail

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 10:01:19 AM

Why on earth does a bitcoin app need access to any personal information whatsoever?

It probably doesn't, but it's being used a lazy Open ID system, and without some kind of a hash of your identity based off some kind of unique identifying information, you can't have an account set up automatically.

It's pretty standard to use facebook or OpenID cousins to login to a sites. I've written a few myself too. Basically it's just used to differentiate you and me when we both go to the website. Nothing more.

trudi (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 11:58:24 AM

Quote from: bitcoinapp
THIS APP WILL RECEIVE:
  • Your basic info
  • Your email address

A good point. The answer is easy: There is just no way to write a facebook app without asking for the basic info. It's exactly that what you give in public to all the other Facebook users on Facebook.

bitcoin-app.com uses: Your name (to talk to you), your Facebook-ID (to connect it with your bitcoin account on bitcoin-app.com), your language (for translations in the future), the list of your friends (to show it to you).
Additionally we ask for your email (that is special) for the simple reason to contact you in case Facebook e.g. closes the app because they might don't like bitcoins. We would have no way to give you your coins back if we would not have your email.

Concerning yougetcoin:
I agree with you. I really don't know what yougetcoin wants to do with your birthday. Makes no sense to me. And they want even more! Ones you grant the permissions you quoted above, they require another heavy weight permission: to spam on any wall (those of your friends and others) literally what ever they want in your name. That's what I would never grant to any app...
realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 12:39:36 PM

I don't know anything about the internals of facebook app development; but to my mind there is only one bit of information necessary for a bitcoin app on facebook: a link to the account.  Preferably in the form of some numeric ID.

That's enough to identify me next time I come a knocking on the app's door.

Then I'd allow the following permissions: notify me of a balance change on the associated bitcoin address.

My email address is definitely not needed.  Facebook has a notification system.

I understand that most facebook users are privacy-fools and don't give a rat's ass about what they hand out; but it makes us look like hypocrites when bitcoin apps remove the very features that make bitcoin so attractive.

bitcoin-app.com uses: Your name (to talk to you), your Facebook-ID (to connect it with your bitcoin account on bitcoin-app.com), your language (for translations in the future), the list of your friends (to show it to you).

You don't "need" my name.  Facebook ID -- okay.  Language -- okay.  "the list of your friends" -- WTF?

Perhaps I've not understood the point of this app.  There is little point in it just being a bitcoin interface... there are already wallets online and pasting a bitcoin address to my friends is not difficult.  Presumably then the purpose is to make it possible to deposit some bitcoins "on facebook"; and then use them to buy things -- either from other app providers, or from someone with a bitcoin address.   I'm afraid I don't see why either of those things requires knowledge of my friends list.

Additionally we ask for your email (that is special) for the simple reason to contact you in case Facebook e.g. closes the app because they might don't like bitcoins. We would have no way to give you your coins back if we would not have your email.

That's not unreasonable.

My guess is that a lot of the lack of privacy is nothing to do with that apps themselves (as you say "basic info" is minimum), it's that facebook don't care about protecting me and will hand over more than I want to any app.

For the paranoid like me, that unfortunately means -- no apps.

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
trudi (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 07:57:49 PM

My guess is that a lot of the lack of privacy is nothing to do with that apps themselves (as you say "basic info" is minimum), it's that facebook don't care about protecting me and will hand over more than I want to any app.

For the paranoid like me, that unfortunately means -- no apps.

Indeed, actually any Facebook app can see the basic info of any Facebook member without anybody has to grant permission.

BTW: The withdrawal granularity is updated to 0.00001 BTC now (was 0.01 BTC before).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: