Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:18:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SPATA]★Spartacus★[X15]★POW/POS★3.5 days POW★ON BITTREX  (Read 38041 times)
UGETHIT

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:45:04 PM

Guys wise up bittrex is a shithole.  They wont be refunding your money. They let a premine like that get on their site but they will not cover your loses.  
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:46:07 PM

Guys wise up bittrex is a shithole.  They wont be refunding your money. They let a premine like that get on their site but they will not cover your loses.  
Rofl , you think they could read through the source for every single coin they add?
and its kind of obvious they cant refund us , big amount of money have been lost here
baxto

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:47:10 PM

Not blaming Bittrex totally. It's everyones fault for getting bamboozled. Everyone on this sites is suppose to be somewhat technically inclined and every single person missed it until now. But as an exchange i feel it is part of they're responsibility to prevent stuff like this from happening. How do they not realize the coin total surpasses 1.5 mill, until someone asks?
UGETHIT

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:47:29 PM

They were likely in on the scam with the dev.  How else could they be so incompetent. Why else wouldn't they cover the lose.
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:49:22 PM

They were likely in on the scam with the dev.  How else could they be so incompetent. Why else wouldn't they cover the lose.
Because they cant afford refunding everyone? and i dont see how its their fault
baxto

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:50:07 PM

They were likely in on the scam with the dev.  Why else wouldn't they cover the lose.

I doubt Bittrex would throw away all of the volume they have just to get in on one measly pump and dump coin. That would potentially ruin their reputation. It was just simply a HUGE oversight on everyones part.
neite99

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:52:46 PM

I literally bought my first coin about 2 minutes before it was disabled.

Bought 2000

Hows that for luck.

Guess you should always read the ANN before you do any trading. :-(
neite99

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:53:40 PM

They might as well re enable it and let someone buy all of them for 1 sat  Grin
altcoinherald

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:53:50 PM

They were likely in on the scam with the dev.  Why else wouldn't they cover the lose.

I doubt Bittrex would throw away all of the volume they have just to get in on one measly pump and dump coin. That would potentially ruin their reputation. It was just simply a HUGE oversight on everyones part.

Everytime people enter submit on an order at Bittrex (or any exchange) it reminds you that the sale is non-refundable and subject to the site's terms.

Investors need to check the source code.

This was not a sophisticated scam at all.

This has happened before and will continue to happen as long as people jump in so fast to every coin.
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:56:22 PM

Well honestly, Bittrex should seriously consider making right to their customers for this - at the very least for the people who purchased through Bittrex - and STILL had their coins in the exchange.

Refund them out at the value at the time at which the scam was exposed.

There should have only been 1 million coins. The TOTAL supply was 1.5 million after POW - but its only 3/5 of the way complete.

So the fact that they allowed a coin that had a 1.5 million market cap - at which time should have only had 1 million in circulation - to have MORE than 1.5 million in their exchange - I'm sorry I love Bittrex but that is a big oversight on their part.

They are a financial exchange - pure and simple. They should have safe guards in place to prevent these things from happening.

I am also a bit surprised that they don't have some sort of review process when they list a currency. At the very least they take information - how many coins, POW length, Time, Block Size, Total Circulation - and then they do a quick scan of the source file to make sure 1+1 = 2.

If Bittrex is to continue to be a leader in this ever growing, highly competative CryptoWorld, they need to ask themselves what kind of company they plan to be.

If they allow these things to happen someone or group will open an exchange that offers these safe guards, and no doubt they will lose the market share they have worked so hard to obtain.

I think they should ask themselves that question right now.

Strato
baxto

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:58:25 PM

Everytime people enter submit on an order at Bittrex (or any exchange) it reminds you that the sale is non-refundable and subject to the site's terms.

Investors need to check the source code.

This was not a sophisticated scam at all.

This has happened before and will continue to happen as long as people jump in so fast to every coin.

As an exchange how do you not realize a coin surpasses its CAP? Do they not have checks for these kinds of things. They only noticed when someone pointed it out to them. I know its not totally their fault, but they played a bit of a role in the loss as well.
whatdidshedo

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:00:32 PM

same shit happened on ninja, where a lot of us lost 100%(everything ) (now the decisions that Poloniex made to check the code looks great, at least you will be safe from scams like this one if code is checked)

Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:01:03 PM

I'd have to agree here. I highly doubt intentional foul play took place.

But I do think perhaps that Bittrex may need to stop and consider the impact these events have- not only on the individual investors who lose their money when this happens, but how this in every way shape and form harms and shames the crypto community.

Scams are not what 99% of us here are for.

Bittrex is an exchange. A hub. A central point for the crypto community. It is where we come together to buy and sell the currencies we believe in (or dont).  

They charge a fee for this service, as they should.

But for that fee I truly believe part of their job is to protect us from just this type of event. They shouldn't allow coins like this to be listed. Source Files should be reviewed. There should be safe guards.

If they don't do this, someone else will, and the community will move there.

Pure and simple.

Strato
TiberiuC

Activity: 311

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:01:22 PM

Well honestly, Bittrex should seriously consider making right to their customers for this - at the very least for the people who purchased through Bittrex - and STILL had their coins in the exchange.

There should have only been 1 million coins. The TOTAL supply was 1.5 million after POW - but its only 3/5 of the way complete.

So the fact that they allowed a coin that had a 1.5 million market cap - at which time should have only had 1 million in circulation - to have MORE than 1.5 million in their exchange - I'm sorry I love Bittrex but that is a big oversight on their part.

They are a financial exchange - pure and simple. They should have safe guards in place to prevent these things from happening.

I am also a bit surprised that they don't have some sort of review process when they list a currency. At the very least they take information - how many coins, POW length, Time, Block Size, Total Circulation - and then they do a quick scan of the source file to make sure 1+1 = 2.

If Bittrex is to continue to be a leader in this ever growing, highly competative CryptoWorld, they need to ask themselves what kind of company they plan to be.

If they allow these things to happen someone or group will open an exchange that offers these safe guards, and no doubt they will lose the market share they have worked so hard to obtain.

Strato

+1
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:01:53 PM

Thnx God I didnt rented rigs this time only mined with my priv rig.
Ehhhh
Thats why I love DRKcoin with real identites of dev team. Nothing to hide...ok meaby tx with darksend+
This time no pump guys no btc to buy more drks ....life.....

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
UGETHIT

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:02:20 PM

The volume of the cost was pretty low.  Bittrex could refund the btc from the time of the dump.  They won't because they don't have to.  They will lose some business over it that is for sure.  In the grander scale of things it is a small matter to them.  
baxto

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:02:54 PM

Strato

Bittrex didn't allow shit to happen. They aren't obligated to review every single line of code (which if you know anything about computer science is literally what needs to be done to prevent these scenarios). I can't gauge how big of an oversight this was (it looks fairly obvious though) so I am not in the position to blame them but the exchanges aren't responsible IMO. In that case, go ahead and blame bitcointalk, the pools, and every other service for enabling you to access the coin.

Totally not the same thing, do you think a bank would allow more Dollars in USD to circulate than the US Treasury actually has accounted for? Think about that for a second.

Edit: and thats disregarding credit by the way
whatdidshedo

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:03:34 PM

I'd have to agree here. I highly doubt intentional foul play took place.

But I do think perhaps that Bittrex may need to stop and consider the impact these events have- not only on the individual investors who lose their money when this happens, but how this in every way shape and form harms and shames the crypto community.

Scams are not what 99% of us here are for.

Bittrex is an exchange. A hub. A central point for the crypto community. It is where we come together to buy and sell the currencies we believe in (or dont).  

They charge a fee for this service, as they should.

But for that fee I truly believe part of their job is to protect us from just this type of event. They shouldn't allow coins like this to be listed. Source Files should be reviewed. There should be safe guards.

If they don't do this, someone else will, and the community will move there.

Pure and simple.

Strato

Polo made that decision to check code , and i agree with you all the exchanges should do that.

Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:03:45 PM

Strato
Bittrex didn't scam you or tell you to buy the coin. What do you want them to do to the sellers, make them buy it back  Roll Eyes

Crypto_Shark

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:04:18 PM

Strato

+1

+1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: