Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 09:33:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-7-13] First Bitcoin ATM in NY  (Read 1117 times)
juggalodarkclow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:30:20 AM

The first Bitcoin ATM in the state of NY is located at a coffee shop in Albany
http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/features/featured/stories/first-bitcoin-atm-new-york-state-albany-coffee-shop-5201.shtml

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:01:04 PM

Nice, cool and fair segment on local Albany news. I love that she added in that it's actually safer to use Bitcoin because there's no chance at identity theft or fraudulent transactions for the consumer. Those that had heard of it before probably thought just the opposite.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:58:06 PM

Nice, cool and fair segment on local Albany news. I love that she added in that it's actually safer to use Bitcoin because there's no chance at identity theft or fraudulent transactions for the consumer. Those that had heard of it before probably thought just the opposite.

That is something great to see on TV.   Smiley
Local media can be amazingly fair, especially when compared to the national/world "news".

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:24:33 PM

That is something great to see on TV.   Smiley
Local media can be amazingly fair, especially when compared to the national/world "news".

They tend to be less affected by the oligopoly of government and media. They can at times be woefully misinformed about issues around bit coin as well.

jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:34:37 PM

This will certainly help adoption, its exciting to see the infrastructure thats been put in place is finally being used!  I think this will encourage local merchants to start looking into BTC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: