Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:04:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoinica's fraud actions  (Read 4750 times)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 06:41:06 AM

by now I have 6 customers who are dissatisfied with bitcoinica.
And don't forget, this forum is not bitcoin, this is not anonymous, dont be stupid, think before write.

Nice! resorting to implied legal threats against us for mocking you?

It's not illegal for us to disagree with you, and I don't care if you know my identity or not. I don't care how many people you have lined up who dislike bitcoinica; some may have legitimate concerns, but the arguments you've given so far do not indicate that you do.

As far as I'm concerned, you're someone who did something stupid, got burned for it, and are now trying to compensate for your stupidity by suing someone who you are unable to prove did anything wrong. People were remarking on how stupid it was before you got screwed, and people laughed at you after it happened. I'm sorry you lost money, but if you play in a high-risk environment, you have to be prepared for losses.
Nicely said.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 06:46:55 AM

it seems bitcoinica website has malfunctioned, clearly malfunctioned, in the past and there are valid concerns out there.
i am just do not think the OPs is one of them. he had a chance to make a nice profit but he made the position public
and there are people here on this forum who have enough cash to buy a lot of btc to have messed with him.
meelba (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 06:50:24 AM

it seems bitcoinica website has malfunctioned, clearly malfunctioned, in the past and there are valid concerns out there.
i am just do not think the OPs is one of them. he had a chance to make a nice profit but he made the position public
and there are people here on this forum who have enough cash to buy a lot of btc to have messed with him.

Bitcoinica doesn't hedge 100% possitions. This action is loss. You cant predict how much bitcoinica will hedge, if you are not bitcoinica/ friends/stuff

copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 07:19:13 AM

Bitcoinica doesn't hedge 100% possitions. This action is loss. You cant predict how much bitcoinica will hedge, if you are not bitcoinica/ friends/stuff

Someone had enough money to move all of mtgox by $2 within a short time window around that period. You can't predict how much bitcoinica hedges, but if you move the mtgox price by $2 (up and down), you can be pretty sure a lot of leveraged positions (in both directions) are going to get fucked hard.
meelba (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 07:39:47 AM

"you can be pretty sure a lot of leveraged positions (in both directions) are going to get fucked hard."

What if not enough. ask yourself would you pay 50k$-60k$-150k$ for this mistake ?
I dont think so. you would never do it until you get some insider Information.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 07:54:59 AM

"you can be pretty sure a lot of leveraged positions (in both directions) are going to get fucked hard."

What if not enough. ask yourself would you pay 50k$-60k$-150k$ for this mistake ?

It wasn't just about you.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 08:08:42 AM

Okay, meelba, let me start off by saying

meelba (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 08:13:13 AM

Bad Mr. Teacher. How is ur FPGA by BFL in Seoul ? wasnt it contraband ?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 08:19:53 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2012, 02:29:12 AM by Matthew N. Wright

Aww. You're handicapped, aren't you?

Check this out.

I can do a search for my name and find 20 references to being a teacher, what I've bought in the past 10 months, and all of my businesses, even my home address! Not impressive faggot.

(Also, lol@thinking I'm a teacher still. That was sufficiently years ago now.)

Now go on about your idiotic non-lawsuit which is not happening anywhere other than your imagination.

EDIT: Back on topic:

After Zhou stole my 30k$ (trading against clients) I have succeded with my lawer on opening a criminal case against him.

Has your lawyer / teddy bear dressed in her sunday best at your imaginary tea party told you yet that in a lawsuit you need evidence? I haven't seen any yet.

Also, you're going to get a huge surprise if and when you actually do try to sue Bitcoinica. You'll find out soon enough.

waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 09:48:20 AM

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 09:52:51 AM

Aww. You're handicapped, aren't you?

Check this out.

I can do a search for my name and find 20 references to being a teacher, what I've bought in the past 10 months, and all of my businesses, even my home address! Not impressive faggot.

(Also, lol@thinking I'm a teacher still. That was sufficiently years ago now.)

Now go on about your idiotic non-lawsuit which is not happening anywhere other than your imagination while I finish getting my dick sucked by another model who claimed she'd never have sex before marriage.  Roll Eyes

EDIT: Back on topic:

After Zhou stole my 30k$ (trading against clients) I have succeded with my lawer on opening a criminal case against him.

Has your lawyer / teddy bear dressed in her sunday best at your imaginary tea party told you yet that in a lawsuit you need evidence? I haven't seen any yet.

Also, you're going to get a huge surprise if and when you actually do try to sue Bitcoinica. You'll find out soon enough.

Shh, you're going to spoil the fun.
marked

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 10:28:39 AM

Someone had enough money to move all of mtgox by $2 within a short time window around that period. You can't predict how much bitcoinica hedges, but if you move the mtgox price by $2 (up and down), you can be pretty sure a lot of leveraged positions (in both directions) are going to get fucked hard.

It wasn't as if there wasn't notice - this thread three days beforehand in the speculation topic;

Could I drive up the Bitcoin price with a clearing purchase?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68120.msg793859#msg793859

anyone with that much leverage and amount should be constantly watching the forums and taking into account actions such as the above. Even if he didn't make that purchase in the end, someone did.

marked

Omni

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 11:12:42 AM

It wasn't as if there wasn't notice - this thread three days beforehand in the speculation topic;

anyone with that much leverage and amount should be constantly watching the forums and taking into account actions such as the above. Even if he didn't make that purchase in the end, someone did.

marked

That's me Smiley
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2012, 11:59:58 AM

marked

That's me Smiley

We never advocate excessive leverage and deliberate squeeze.

Forced liquidations do not contribute to the long-term growth of the Bitcoinica platform at all. So we won't partner with anyone who is interested in squeezing other customers either.

However, we respect your freedom of trading. You're welcome to utilize Bitcoinica for your Bitcoin investments.

At the same time, we want to warn everyone with a large amount of leverage to watch out for market risks.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 12:00:16 PM

WAIT! We can sue others and make them pay for our own stupidity?!?!?  Shocked

brb, have a couple lawsuits to file...
occulta

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 12:51:59 PM

I dont use bitcoinica, and never will. However, i do wonder how you made so much profit in so little time, i mean 40k in a hot wallet is pretty crazy profit right?

GPG KeyID: F5A703CC74E46E5D
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 01:03:51 PM

Wait, but didn't you post insider information - that is, your position?  That's all the information that was needed to know how to liquidate you.  Whoever did it was smart enough to complete the transaction and close their leveraged positions before posting about it, and they got your money.  Sorry bro.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 01:06:45 PM

Wait, but didn't you post insider information - that is, your position?  That's all the information that was needed to know how to liquidate you.  Whoever did it was smart enough to complete the transaction and close their leveraged positions before posting about it, and they got your money.  Sorry bro.

And his lack of response is not from his teddy bear advising him to remain silent. (It's because he knows he's wrong.)

zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2012, 02:08:32 PM

However, we respect your freedom of trading.
then remove leverage limitations

It's for protection of ourselves. We can't liquidate a 40,000 BTC position with 4% margin requirement.

If we increase the margin requirement to the likely slippage amount, then 10:1 will instantly result in margin call.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2012, 02:19:24 PM

My advice: go ahead with what you're doing until you realize you're wrong.

We really want to serve our customers in the best possible way we can, but really unfortunately, fulfilling unreasonable requests isn't a sustainable measure of customer service.

Again, we make profits regardless of your profits and losses. We lose money (or potential profit) in two cases:

1. Someone is unhappy about Bitcoinica and left us.
2. We're unable to liquidate a huge position in case of market volatility and result in negative balances (which are permanent debts 90% of the time).

What we have always been doing is to reduce these situations as much as possible.

EDIT:

Generally, it's obvious that the more people making profits on Bitcoinica, the better for everyone. We're never against you.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: