Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:32:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox Bankruptcy: Selling off Assets [Video]  (Read 1242 times)
ThePanCakeKid95 (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:47:59 PM

Hey guys, it's Jason and I have another video to bring to you, today it's about the MtGox Bankruptcy and some information about them selling off their assets. Enjoy Smiley
Video: http://youtu.be/8znZfW9uUsk
CokeCoin

Activity: 235
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:00:01 PM

Will Bitcoin holders be paid back in Bitcoin? That way there's no value lost if the price per Bitcoin goes through a new adoption phase or two.

BitchImightbe

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:01:12 PM

"Ok"
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:21:12 PM

Mark does need to "find" another huge pile of BTC, hopefully soon.

Summer,69

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:06:03 AM

You should try having the audio recording hardware closer to your voice as to reduce random noise
neverminer77

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:22:56 AM

Mark does need to "find" another huge pile of BTC, hopefully soon.
gabbello

Activity: 116
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:51:55 AM

What happens with the assets (btc/usd) for which there will be no "proofs of claims" filled, would they be redistributed to people who (will) fill such claims?

Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:57:08 AM

Will Bitcoin holders be paid back in Bitcoin? That way there's no value lost if the price per Bitcoin goes through a new adoption phase or two.

I doubt it. If the bitcoins are truly lost then trying to buy all of them back from the market would increase the price of a single bitcoin to stratospheric levels.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:34:44 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 01:45:14 AM by franky1

mark karpeles has severed any legal ties to mtgox, meaning he is not part of the bankruptcy, his trustee, the attorney is, as karpeles signed it all over to him. karpeles is purely just an adviser to the attorney, bankruptcy proceedings.. and i believe he gets paid a consultation fee due to his new outside contractor position.

so property owned by mark karpeles, is owned by mark karpeles NOT mtgox.
so his apartment, his car, his domain names, his other businesses are not part of the mtgox bankruptcy. mark karpeles LEGALLY does not have to give any funds to the mtgox asset pot.

although there was a statement that out of the goodness of his heart mr karpeles would give some of the domain sale to the asset pot of mtgox, that is only going to be a maximum of maybe 1000* coins out of the 600,000 still missing. thats less than 0.2%, so dont get too excited.

but lets use $750k as a nice number, thats like someone stealing $6k out of your bank and offering to pay you $10 our of goodwill. i say this because that 1000 wont be used to get one guy that is owed 1000coins off the debtors list, it would be spread out over all the debtors. meaning if you had a 10btc debt and if he gave ALL  the domain sale proceeds to the asset pot, that equates to 0.01666btc.

but like i said mark karpeles is free and clear of the bankruptcy and is under NO force or order that any proceeds he makes under his name should be given to the debt pot.

*the auction has not begun (july 24th is the start date of auction), and although the minimum is $185k, people are predicting $750k

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
ThePanCakeKid95 (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:33:12 AM

could you explain how his owner property is separate from mtgox the company, legally speaking
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 06:01:44 AM

This guy has no new info, no numbers, and no clue.

No, their domain "bitcoin.com" is not one of their biggest assets.  That's worth maybe $750K.  They owe what, $600M. Besides, Roger Ver seems to personally own "bitcoin.com".

He has nothing to say about the relationship between Karpeles, Tibanne, and Mt. Gox. Tibanne (which is still active) seems to have most of the non-financial assets.
unpure

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:43:58 AM

Should seize his asset and prove criminal intend.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: