Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:10:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We neet bitcoin ATMs  (Read 4485 times)
leannemckim46

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:19:08 AM

Yeah, yes we do, but we need to stop the ID scan and all that fucking orwelian looking shit. We need to do it anonymous FFS, otherwise it defeats the point. Look at this shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnm4xFC2xNo

We need to avoid this shit ASAP. We need to make it simple. Put FIAT into machine, Bitcoin gets transported in your wallet, period! We need to hire people as security to avoid people robbing you and what not and that's about it. No one is going to want to scan their ID's and creepy shit like that.
BTC ATMs needs to scan your identification to comply with AML/KYC requirements. If they did not do this then the ATMs would likely get shut down and the owners/operators would likely get charged with money laundering.

I think scanning ID will add somewhat level of legitimacy to both bitcoin and bitcoin ATMs.  

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SF-Man

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:44:21 AM

Hope to see ATM all over the world soon and that we will have to make withdraws / purchases any time anywhere.

First bitcoin peeps should educate people all over the world. Some of them just doesnt know about btc. Not some many.

Jerome?

Activity: 107

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:33:42 AM

Hope to see ATM all over the world soon and that we will have to make withdraws / purchases any time anywhere.

First bitcoin peeps should educate people all over the world. Some of them just doesnt know about btc. Not some many.

specially in the countries like angola, jamaica, etc

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤////////////////////
❖ Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
////////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
DaveSaldana123

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

A.K.A The Black Marvel

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:43:55 AM

Bitcoin ATM in my place will be much cooler than a regular ATM tho..

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:50:26 AM

Yes it should be educated indeed, but this will be little challenging also it may backfire potential new user this can be good and bad.
Depends from point of view off course

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

SueGiant

Activity: 114

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:28:46 PM

Well, I need btcs first before I need its ATM
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 03:07:42 PM

wouldn't that mean that government will have some control on BTC ?

LumphiniGarden

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:13:04 PM

wouldn't that mean that government will have some control on BTC ?
Actually not. The number of Bitcoin ATM doesn't connected with a government control.
RICHBOSS

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:18:10 AM

So if you get BTC on the ATM what carda are you going to use? What will you receive in return (normal atms you get dollars in cash)
Unbelive

Activity: 210

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:23:05 AM

When the banking industry began to make electronic fund transfers possible (credit, debit) they needed a bridge solution that brought the paper-cash economy to the electronic-cash economy.  ATMs seem to have been one of the most effective solutions: you have a bank account with numbers representing imagined value in it, but you can still withdraw "real" cash at any one of thousands of locations.

Given that PayPal just shut CoinPal down, I assume we know this is going to happen to others as well. What is our bridge solution?

BitCoinMe.com does cash-for-bitcoin (and vice versa) at your doorstep.  The great thing about cash is it has no middle man that can get in the way of an exchange.  If we scaled this up to have in-person exchangers in every city, this would provide a partial solution to the problem.  But with the pros come some cons:

1. Cash delivery in any quantity over $50 (on a regular basis) is something best suited for men with guns and armored vehicles.  We don't want bitcoiners to be jumped, hurt, or killed.
2. Having someone come to your door removes anonymity from the transaction.

What would it take to create a bitcoin ATM?

Suppose a person could visit the ATM, enter a bitcoin address (via USB? via an aliased email address? via some other shortened method?) and then insert cash. The cash is stored in the ATM for collection later, while the bitcoin address is immediately credited at current exchange rates.

On the flip side (withdrawal), suppose ATMs have addresses accessible on the internet (like an email address, e.g. times-square@bitcoinatm.com). You send bitcoin to the address, and then receive a payment receipt with a 5 digit PIN (this could be on your smart phone, or at home on the computer). Then you turn to (or go visit) the ATM and punch in the PIN. Out comes cash, rounded down to the dollar, at current exchange rates.

Can we do this? Should we?

Thing is that they need to be simple as possible can be. I watch one video, when they had so much troubles, that took lots of time to make a transactions. That can push off many people. I do belive, soon will be perfect AMT out there.

Mattofla

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:27:51 AM

I agree with you. Popularity of Bitcoin is increasing day by day. So bitcoin ATMs becoming essential. I have found that Bitcoin ATMs are already available in few countries.
Unbelive

Activity: 210

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:34:13 AM

I agree with you. Popularity of Bitcoin is increasing day by day. So bitcoin ATMs becoming essential. I have found that Bitcoin ATMs are already available in few countries.

capital city of my country have 300.000 population and 4 ATMs Tongue

CoinATMRadar

Activity: 97
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 11:40:36 AM

Bitcoin ATMs are already available in few countries.

I would say in many countries, although the number within each country is low: Canada and US are on top
You may check the Bitcoin ATM map here http://coinatmradar.com

Looking for BITCOIN ATM close to you? Check Bitcoin ATM Map from CoinATMRadar.
djarot

Activity: 350
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:22:29 PM

we sure do need more, not least cuz fees to use them right now are sometimes pretty steep, so competition definitely required! I would think twice as customer if i saw commission for using ATM was 7% for example!
zorke

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:19:09 AM

we sure do need more, not least cuz fees to use them right now are sometimes pretty steep, so competition definitely required! I would think twice as customer if i saw commission for using ATM was 7% for example!
I don't think we need ATMs in order to increase bitcoin adoption. I think we need more merchants to accept bitcoin and to offer discounts for paying in bitcoin in order to increase adoption.

It is already very easy for people to buy bitcoin as it is.
liteboozer

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:32:55 AM

Bitcoin ATMs are already available in few countries.

I would say in many countries, although the number within each country is low: Canada and US are on top
You may check the Bitcoin ATM map here http://coinatmradar.com

The problem is the word "few" . We need more. We need every people in the world to embrace bitcoin. But how?

CoinATMRadar

Activity: 97
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 06:42:13 PM

The problem is the word "few" . We need more. We need every people in the world to embrace bitcoin. But how?

Give it a time, this can not happen overnight. The first Bitcoin ATM was launched less than a year ago. As I'm carefully monitoring all the Bitcoin ATM news, I see there are many positive experiences with ATMs recently. Also people who don't even know a lot about Bitcoin, see those ATMs appearing and start asking questions. This is good. I'm pretty confident that Bitcoin ATMs are a good means of increasing people awareness and increase adoption.

Looking for BITCOIN ATM close to you? Check Bitcoin ATM Map from CoinATMRadar.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 07:06:07 PM

With bitcoin ATM everywhere, that would be the true haven of BTC Cool Cool

Mattofla

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:52:25 AM

I agree with you. I also think that Bitcoin ATMs has become essential for us. Specially on those country, which have accepted Bitcoin.
coindetective

Activity: 165

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:20:14 AM

What we need is functional debit card which can be used as a regular card. This would avoid banks and enable people to buy stuff with their coins.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: