Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:59:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Increase litecoin value  (Read 7761 times)
moocow1452

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 12:52:29 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2012, 02:52:33 PM by moocow1452

^ Especially since that translates to about $100 USD. Now back on topic. Thinking about starting a Wikia bot that spits out Litecoin every time a significant edit is made as part as the Open Syllabus thing I mentioned back here. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70036.0) Gonna ask around to see the feasibility of it.

EDIT: (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70067.0)
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 05:00:36 PM

Ask Mtgox how much it costs to put LTC on their exchange, and then give them that quantity of money.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 06:14:50 PM

im buying 50 btc more soon Smiley

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1651
Merit: 1284

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:00:42 AM

Might want to mention how the founder scammed people by GPU mining whilst telling everyone it was a CPU only coin. Just so they are on a level playing field as everyone else.

CoinHunter, please stop with your lies. I never scammed anyone and never GPU mined Litecoin. You have no proof because it never happened. Please stop spreading your lies.

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:16:25 AM

Might want to mention how the founder scammed people by GPU mining whilst telling everyone it was a CPU only coin. Just so they are on a level playing field as everyone else.

CoinHunter, please stop with your lies. I never scammed anyone and never GPU mined Litecoin. You have no proof because it never happened. Please stop spreading your lies.

+1
legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:19:01 AM

Litecoin DID look like a viable alt currency, and had been fairing quite well before GPU mining took over. I wasn't around for the transition from CPU to GPU with Bitcoin, so Litecoin may still hold on. Who knows.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:48:47 AM

Might want to mention how the founders of SoiledCoin mined LTC by GPU.

Yeah, because who would want to mine SoiledCoins right? Even their own pool won't mine SoiledCoins.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Nim

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:01:47 AM

Can we just leave one thread untainted by this ridiculous SolidCoin feud? Seriously.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:06:35 AM

Can we just leave one thread untainted by this ridiculous SolidCoin feud? Seriously.

What is ridiculous about it?

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:14:41 AM

Why does ShitCoin not get banned for trolling?

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:29:58 AM

If you want to get banned, go post on the Soiledcoin "forums". Here, the mods are more tolerant of those who have a radically different world view than their own. They prefer that we ridicule them for being less awesome than "a monkey wearing a tuxedo made out of bacon riding a cyborg unicorn with a lightsaber for the horn on the tip of a space shuttle closing in on Mars, while engulfed in flames".

tatsuchan

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 02:09:47 PM

If you want to get banned, go post on the Soiledcoin "forums". Here, the mods are more tolerant of those who have a radically different world view than their own. They prefer that we ridicule them for being less awesome than "a monkey wearing a tuxedo made out of bacon riding a cyborg unicorn with a lightsaber for the horn on the tip of a space shuttle closing in on Mars, while engulfed in flames".

This thread started so well....and now it is soiled....

Anyway, I agree that we need to get businesses to start excepting cryptocurrencies for any of this to matter.  Think of the following, and if there are answers to these questions, how user friendly are they?  People DO NOT CARE how something works, they just want it to work better than what they had.

- Do we have a lot of people blogging/facebook/twitter-ing/making websites for bitcoin and litecoin promotion? Not including circle jerking amongst other bitcoin/litecoin investors.
- Has anyone been thinking about a realistic system to use smartphones for point of sale purchases at businesses?  Paypal has.
- Why is MtGox (previously hacked) the titan of Bitcoin exchange right now?  There should be dozens of these sites with hardly any differences, and a MUCH easier method to exchange USD for BTC/LTC.  How the hell do we easily translate USD to BTC?  If it isn't as easy as Paypal it isn't going to work on the average person.
- Are there any easy to use copy/paste scripts for web companies to accept cryptocurrencies?
- Look up a shop on google.  Are they excepting bitcoins?  If not, educate them.  
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 02:30:49 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2012, 03:32:50 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Nobody answered the OP question.

The only thing that increases price (in long run) is adoption & usage.

So it comes down to "Why would someone use LTC over BTC?"

Things like "I have a lot" or "you can CPU mine" are meaningless.  Merchant X wants to accept a crypto currency why would he pick LTC over BTC (or even LTC and BTC)?  If there is no genuine answer then the currency has no value.

Bitcoin is Bitcoin's silver right now.  That may change and a "silver" emerges but LTC IMHO doesn't provide enough of a tangible benefit to break that dynamic.

Silver didn't become Gold's "Silver" just because it was different.  Silver became Gold's silver because it is hard to subdivide Gold into small & usable amounts.  When a days worth of food is 1/200th of an ounce of Gold either you need something "smaller" or you need to stamp coins the size of a tiny screw.  The fact that tiny slivers of gold are difficult to transact with was the opening that made silver, gold's "silver (and copper silvers "silver").  Bitcoin can easily subdivide down to 1E-8.  Right now if I owed someone 1/200,000th of a penny I could pay them with Bitcoin.  Granted the minimum with no tx fee (dust spam avoidance) would be 0.5 cents but that is still a small amount. 

If LTC is the silver for fractional cent purchases well it has a problem. So what is the reason for a merchant to accept LTC other than a) you have a lot or b) you don't have a big GPU farm and that is unfair.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:11:23 PM

Nobody answered the OP question.

The only thing that increases price (in long run) is adoption & usage.

Why would someone use LTC over BTC.

Things like "I have a lot" or "you can CPU mine" are meaningless.

Merchant X wants to accept crypto currency why would he pick LTC over BTC?
If there is no genuine answer then the currency has no value.

Bitcoin is Bitcoin's silver right now.  That may change but LTC IMHO doesn't provide enough of a tangible benefit to break that dynamic.

Silver didn't become Gold's silver just because it was different.  Silver became Gold's silver because it is hard to subdivide Gold into smaller amounts.  When a days worth of food is 1/200th of an ounce of Gold either you need something "smaller" or you need to stamp coins the size of a tiny screw.

Bitcoin can easily subdivide down to 1E-8.  Right now if I owed someone 1/200,000th of a penny I could pay them with Bitcoin.  Granted the minimum with no tx fee (dust spam avoidance) would be 0.5 cents. 

If LTC is the silver for fractional cent purchases well it has a problem. So what is the reason for a merchant to accept LTC other than a) you have a lot or b) you don't have a big GPU farm and that is unfair

I agree with this, but I bet LTC will stay around for a while if for nothing else, great to speculate on. I bet in the future it will be easy to exchange the two making their differences meaningless.

I hold 40K now just to see what happens. I'm still hardcore bitcoin btw:)

Trolling
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:22:24 PM

I can think of a few reasons why one would want to buy Litecoins. The first one is to trade Bitcoin. I don't like the US dollar but if I want to trade Bitcoin then I need to trade it against something. For me, that something is Litecoin.

The second reason why one might want to buy Litecoins is because they're dirt cheap. There will be four times as many Litecoins than Bitcoins so the price should be around 0.25 BTC. The reason why it isn't anywhere near that is probably because Litecoin is more vulnerable to be 51%ed. Once the network grows and becomes more resilient the price should go up. It has a long way to go and one could make tons of money with it.

Litecoin is a highly speculative investment and nobody should put more into it than he can afford to lose. Think of it like a lottery ticket.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
Liberate (OP)

Activity: 70

Freedom is Free

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:35:39 PM

That's not exactly true is it?

Will code for coins, python c#, php(+html, jss, sql) scripts can also pen testing(not a skid) PM me https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=71889.msg813212#msg813212

BTC: 1X8Uwr6vxtuudvxgPv9SqP2c6omWUC3qn
LTC: LaZ8A9YTHbNiFuhRFdCt7KNRuU2XFPXgfA
moocow1452

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:45:20 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2012, 05:07:37 PM by moocow1452

Re: Solidcoin and reaper;

Now that we got that settled;
Litecoin is the "other" cryptocurrency at this point, and I could see a future where it's used as an intercurrency exchange medium between established exchanges in order to keep price differences in Bitcoin viable to trade, so that eventually Litecoins are the ones going round in circles behind the scenes, while Bitcoins stay unconsolidated and a bearer of independant value. Litecoins make it possible to set up microexchanges at a low entry point, not having to s#it around with Dwolla for the unscrupulous types, and being a whole lot easier to come by for the average joe.  Or as posited earlier, Litecoin may be adapt at microtransactions because you are still dealing with round numbers at minuscule levels of payment, people can get their hands on them easier, and numbers going up and down quickly make happier people than just watching interest compile.

Shocked

How about a bank that you put BTC into, and it pays out compounded interest in Litecoin, so that you can feel like you are getting a better return than what you actually are? LTC becomes sort of a token system that you can then cash out on, without having to deal with crap-ass pizza. Hell, take the metaphor even further. Set up a swag shoppe with Giftcards and T-shirts and make LTC the de facto currency, offering to exchange BTC locally, and make bank off of the exchange.
Liberate (OP)

Freedom is Free

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 05:12:27 PM

GET THE FUCK OUTTA MA THREAD YOU MOTHERFUCKERS
we were talking about litecoin not any other currency, shitty or otherwise

Will code for coins, python c#, php(+html, jss, sql) scripts can also pen testing(not a skid) PM me https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=71889.msg813212#msg813212

moocow1452

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 05:25:39 PM

GET THE FUCK OUTTA MA THREAD YOU MOTHERFUCKERS
we were talking about litecoin not any other currency, shitty or otherwise

Say Please? Tongue
Liberate (OP)

Freedom is Free

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 05:29:41 PM

please

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: