Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:55:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Distorted Google Earth 3d Imagery  (Read 1770 times)
Gazza1 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:55:46 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 03:05:57 AM by Gazza1

I've been getting these issues for the last year or so.  I figured it was a bug on their end they would eventually fix, but it's been a while now.  I've tried disabling/enabling all options, clearing caches, reinstalling, etc.  It only does it when 3d Imagery is enabled.  I use OpenGL mode, but it also does it in Directx mode.

Hardware is Z77, 3770k, 280x, 32GB RAM, tried many different ATI drivers.  Right now using latest stable version.

Thoughts?

http://postimg.org/image/6xlxwzzzv/

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:19:29 PM

Ummm, this looks pretty 'normal'. Google started to roll out true 3D imagery, not only hand-modeled buildings and sights. Those 3D images are being shot and processed automatically and thus have noise and are restricted by certain resolutions. It would be far too difficult and time consuming to reconstruct all those buildings by hand.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Gazza1 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:28:17 AM

It's not normal because they used to be sharp and completely constructed.  And it's in many places all over the world, where they also used to look sharp and fully constructed.

You can't possibly say that looks normal, that's hilarious.

This is normal: http://postimg.org/image/suh27d20r/

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:04:06 AM

Real-life GTA right there.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
DjPxH

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:23:06 AM

It's not normal because they used to be sharp and completely constructed.  And it's in many places all over the world, where they also used to look sharp and fully constructed.

Nah, I guess he's right. That picture is of a constructed, i.e. built in an editor, set of buildings. You can't possibly do that for every minor crappy place, so they scan and process those images automatically. And that technology has its limitations, yeah.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Gazza1 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:05:18 AM

Nah, I guess he's right. That picture is of a constructed, i.e. built in an editor, set of buildings. You can't possibly do that for every minor crappy place, so they scan and process those images automatically. And that technology has its limitations, yeah.

As I already said, the areas I am talking about used to be fully constructed, now they are not.  And South Beach is anything but a minor crappy place.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: