Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:55:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Little forum game, suggestions please and only fait play!  (Read 808 times)
cech4204a (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 09:12:54 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 03:43:49 PM by cech4204a

Hello all,

I'm considering to start a little forum game where all of the players have the same chances to get the price and the price must be distributed in following way:

1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10% of price pool

There should be no max players, but every player has to send same ammount : 0.01BTC

I need some suggestions for rules, anyone with a good idea write it here, so we can all discuss it. Also remember: game must be fair, so every player has same chances like every other player. Player selection MUST be random! Please post your ideas only if you are 100% sure it will be random.

Basic idea is to get pool filled with let's say 10-30 players, maybe more, and to distribute rewards like stated above. I have enough of scammers and ponzis with stupid payouts that scamm late ''investors'' so please only fair options! I'd like to see trust getting back to this forum

Bitcoin is DEAD
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:01:07 PM

Find a trusted member to do escrow. Everyone sent 0.01btc to that escrowed address. You specify the date and time the game will end. Then use the hash of the first block found after a specified date and time on the longest chain to generate a number from your preset formula.
xinzark
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:57:06 AM

another " send me payment first " thingy

theres a escrower name esrow.ms search for him Smiley
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:12:46 AM

Your right there's not much going on at the moment since the world cup took over.  This forum needs so more excitement but sadly I have a wallet of 0 but more giveaways would be a very good idea.
gofoter

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:31:18 AM

It will be better if you use an escrow.

Armed

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:10:40 PM

So... It's a ponzi?

That's refreshing.

cech4204a (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 03:42:24 PM

I see some nice ideas here:
-escrow to the trusted member
-date and time to be set
-first next block hash to be used as base for formula to calculate which user get's the price first, than second, than third

Who can be picked as escrow, to be really trusted member here?
What date and time can we set? Also don't forget about time zones
Formula to calculate the winner? What will it be based on?

For the one that said that this is ponzi: Read again and again till you understand each and every word i wrote. Basic idea is to distribute ALL! recieved ammounts to the first three guys that get picked RANDOMLY! And each player has SAME! chances to get the ammount. I hate it when people don't read the topic and just write some BS.

Bitcoin is DEAD
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:59:43 AM

The idea is not bad Smiley
But the amount which everyone has to invest should be much lower something below 1$ will be ok, because this is pure gambling. 6-7$ is not little to invest. There is another problem if you have for example several accounts you can give the final amount to one of your other accounts ( not sayin that you have several accounts)
cech4204a (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 12:23:48 AM

But the amount which everyone has to invest should be much lower something below 1$ will be ok, because this is pure gambling. 6-7$ is not little to invest. There is another problem if you have for example several accounts you can give the final amount to one of your other accounts ( not sayin that you have several accounts)

That's why random player will be taken for reward and i'm not included in playing, since i wan't to provide max transparency possible. Also formula will be based on the future hash, which means that outcome is not known now, so it's impossible to manipulate, that's why i'm asking for ideas that are 100% sure random, equal chances and fair in all aspects.

I will take your advice for lower ammount in consideration, what do others think? What ammount would be ok with you to put in this game?

Bitcoin is DEAD
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:34:03 PM

I'd be interested in playing, as long as we have a trusted Escrow.  I wouldn't even mind setting it up either....Heck I wouldn't mind being the escrow either.

devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:37:09 PM

That's why random player will be taken for reward and i'm not included in playing, since i wan't to provide max transparency possible. Also formula will be based on the future hash, which means that outcome is not known now, so it's impossible to manipulate, that's why i'm asking for ideas that are 100% sure random, equal chances and fair in all aspects.

I will take your advice for lower ammount in consideration, what do others think? What ammount would be ok with you to put in this game?

I could provide escrow for your game if you're interested.

Gladdy

Activity: 318

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:48:02 PM

Guess i will play if only there is escrow i wont simply send my btc now  Grin
BitcoinTraders

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:29:16 PM

I think not many people will send him BTC it's like gambling but more risky because you cannot be sure that he'll pay you...Cheesy
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:06:21 AM

I think not many people will send him BTC it's like gambling but more risky because you cannot be sure that he'll pay you...Cheesy

If the OP has good intentions and isn't scamming then there is no reason why he wouldn't accept escrow.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: