Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:57:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 Bitcoins & 2 Ounces of fine Gold in Bounty – Submission Deadline 31st August  (Read 11807 times)
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:30:15 PM

Putting DRAFT stuff out tonight...just need to figure out how to insert a jpg into a thread post (not done it here before)...

Upload your file to imgur.com. Copy the url and insert image in your post, paste url inbetween img -

Hope this helps

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:34:12 PM

Putting DRAFT stuff out tonight...just need to figure out how to insert a jpg into a thread post (not done it here before)...

Upload your file to imgur.com. Copy the url and insert image in your post, paste url inbetween img

Hope this helps

Never mind, I saw that you already uploaded
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:02:37 PM

I think this is a great project and I am happy to contribute.

The 5 in the design is prominent because it is a tribute to Bitcoin and its 5 year aniversary in 2014.
I am going to intergrate the sentence - A tribute to 5 years of Bitcoin - into the design aswell.

Let me know what you think

Coinographic (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Physical Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 01:01:53 PM

2 days left! Keep them coming!
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:50:15 PM

Hi Coinographic,
can I ask what time and timezone this competition ends on Sunday?

Just got back from holidays and would like to know if I have time to work on this or not.

Thanks Smiley
Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 05:40:59 PM

Hi Coinographic,
can I ask what time and timezone this competition ends on Sunday?

Just got back from holidays and would like to know if I have time to work on this or not.

Thanks Smiley

GMT - Thank you
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 01:38:10 PM

Hey guys, the final version. I made two versions for the front.

Celebrating 5 years of Bitcoin!

Cheers

iawgoM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:37:07 PM

Here is my submission. Working on another one and hope I'll catch the deadline before posting it Smiley

losh11

Activity: 299

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:38:25 PM

Here's the front, I couldn't render it in 3D to show it in proper detail like I wished - but I will do if I win.

The back including the hologram.

On its side - the litecoin address and the mark from the assay office.

Just the hologram.

If I win I will obviously be able to make adjustment if anyone wishes.
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 12:06:13 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 12:17:01 AM by elianite

I present to you the most secure physical Bitcoin ever designed: The Double Universal.

It is Luxury. It is Power. It is Symbol.

The Double Universal has it all.

Description of symbolism:
The rim is normal, shiny gold, encircling the work of art. The outer side rim has a binary code spelling out “January 3rd, 2009”, the date of the Genesis Block. A matte gold base highlights the shiny raised Latin text, “Strength in Numbers”, in between which is a number: Five.  5 BTC. Four arrows on the coin appear as those of a compass leading the way for universal adoption, but also hold a greater significance. This arrow containing the Bitcoin amount is the highest, pointing to the astronomical upward trend of it and other digital currencies, figuratively all the way up to the North Star. Contrasted with it is the downward arrow, which has the text “2 ozt 999 Au”. Though having near equal value to its sky-high counterpart at the time of the coins inception, the arrow signifies the declining importance of gold in the future of wealth, pointing it back towards the ground from which it was mined. Physical value is the past, Digital value is the future.
In the Center of the coin is a beautiful scene; the incorruptible bitcoin is shown amidst the Earth, Moon, and stars. To the left, is an arrow, as if a rewind button with the year ‘2009’. A small triangle symbolized the initial idea of, the completion of, and the presenting of the Bitcoin Whitepaper by Satoshi Nakamoto while the year signifies the beginning of the Bitcoin Era as the first block was mined. Next, one can imagine pressing the opposing fast-forward button to visit the year 2140 when the last block will be mined. The great Bitcoin transition will be complete, with all 21 million Bitcoin remaining for eternity as signified by the infinity symbol following the year.
Now we zoom out to view the entire face, where three major constellations each bearing seven stars poke out as intrusions to the mirror-like gold surface. 3 constellations of 7 stars each add up to 21, with each star symbolizing 1 million Bitcoins. As the stars, the incorruptible code will outlive this planet. As such the meaning of the lower text (H) becomes apparent: Universal Currency.

The Star Constellations displayed:
-Great Bear (Big Dipper)
-Little Bear (Little Dipper)
-Cassiopeia

More Description
On the BACK of the coin, you will find the standard information of year; hand engraved serial number, company name and ‘5 BITCOIN’ denomination, all separated by circuits to symbolize computers and mining which power Bitcoin. The hologram is where things start to get special:
The Hologram itself is the most secure ever created. It contains the popular safety feature of having a private key ‘window’, but it goes much farther than that. There are two more windows, showing both the Denomination AND serial number so they can be compared to those written on the coin. This takes away the possibility of someone somehow obtaining another hologram and using it. The hologram also features LASER RIMMING which has been utilized by Casascius for some of the most premium coins. The Hologram features a swirl-like chain to symbolize the blockchain which holds everything together and protects private keys and balances within it. The hologram is mostly black with gold and rainbow sparkles shining through, contrasting perfectly with the gold. there are also two smaller swirls and they key logo, both demonstrating the Cryptolator brand.

Hologram colors: B is bright gold, and private key windows are gold-like. The 'empty space' is mostly black, with gold sparkles and purple and red/yellow undertones. The Laser rimming is golden and blends in with the metal.

There is also an EASTER EGG under the hologram: If one redeems the coin they may find under hologram two circles of currency symbols that is otherwise hidden. In the outer circles every major world currency; Dollar, Yen, Euro, Pound, Ruble is represented, and another circle with the signs of various alt-coins. A Bitcoin symbol reigns supreme in the middle. None compare with Bitcoin, and are buried underneath it's private key.

FRONT
Gold in text section is MATTE, with text being raised and POLISHED.
The face is POLISHED, with the B, Earth, and Moon in MATTE.
Compass arrows are POLISHED
BACK
POLISHED, except for raised MATTE letters and under the hologram for grip.

Presentation:
The coin will be presented in the standard Coinographic box, but with a twist! The front will indicate that the coin is to commemorate 5 years of bitcoin, and showing the 'Bitcoin Era' of 2009-2140, and onwards to Infinity.

There will be a certificate card which will have an identical hologram attached in the middle, so as to make it visible when the box is open (so one can admire both the art and the hologram). The first bits are BLANK on the hologram, so it cannot be used for fraud. The denomination and serial number however are visible in the windows of the 2nd hologram, as to confirm the certificate belongs to the coin and is original. There is also a gold thread placed inside the hologram so it wraps around the card. For extra luxury, this could be replaced by a real gold chain!
In the box, the coin arrives in a classy black slab that can be opened by the buyer. (alternatively, it can be in a standard coin capsule)

About the artist: I am the author of a 30 page ebook about Casascius coins, and am working on a 150+ page book detailing all physical cryptos made to-date. To arrive at this design, I looked at dozens of coins by various makers, drawing inspiration. I humbly present you this coin, which I hope the community will find to be most symbolic, touching, and representative of Bitcoin; demonstrating both the past, present, and future hopes of all Bitcoin supporters.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
campycoin

Activity: 700

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:10:36 AM

Hello to all-

Here is my design. I wish I had more time. Would love to render a 3D spinning image such as the beautiful coins on Coinographic.com. If I am selected in the top 5, I will spend lots of time perfecting my design.

The Basics:  Less is More. I wanted to make something different and with a striking visual appeal. 
The Presentation: The coin comes in an all black sphere. When opened it reveals a sharp black box (think iPhone box but not as fat) Opening that reveals a first of its kind....

A square coin.  Designed with the large V it will look incredibly clean and engravings will look striking in the polished gold.

The binary code on the hologram says, "In Bitcoin We Trust"

Left room on the coin back for the Public Key if that needs to be added.

The front & Back of the square coin.

The Box Design. From sphere to square black box.
[/size]

The coin in its black box in the sphere.

Thanks kindly.  Awesome contest and I really hope to move on!
bit0

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:25:50 AM

https://i.imgur.com/jCN4VoV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NGhxfrN.jpg
Cryptopus

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:34:12 AM

Midnight submission...

The lower-right graphic on the coin is supposed to be a hand receiving a coin, but I am horrible at drawing hands, so you will have to use your imagination.

The back of the coin will have the holographic insert, and say "Coinographic, 2014, etc." around the edge.

https://i.imgur.com/MW7u3ig.png?1
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:14:08 AM

Coinographic,

Is there a specific time when the competition ends today or should we assume that submissions will be accepted till midnight GMT?

iawgoM

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:26:43 AM

And another entry Smiley

cDefender

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:25:53 PM

I this design a lot!
Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 01:42:01 PM

9 hours and 20 mins left before the submissions close!
SacredLight

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:30:01 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 05:43:38 PM by SacredLight

I figured I'd try to get one more submission in before the deadline.

Edit: Final version. The bottom right is showing underneath the hologram. It can be modified to fit whatever you need underneath it.
https://i.imgur.com/CucRXjM.png
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:26:06 PM

Here is my submission. Working on another one and hope I'll catch the deadline before posting it Smiley

I love this ^^
bonksnp2

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:11:16 PM

Here's an another version of my previous submission, plus the box to go with it.  I apologize for the graininess but I tried to illustrate how the engraved lines should look.  I'm unfortunately out of time so this is as pretty as it's gonna get.   This is what I was originally going for anyways, so I guess make this my official submission.  Grin

https://i.imgur.com/hAJpcol.png

https://i.imgur.com/GGgGmDN.png

The back is almost the same as previous except I added a little black gloss to match the front.
https://i.imgur.com/gGaehlQ.png

The box is gloss black with a "BTC" window to look in and see the coin.  Engraved gold lettering on the front and sides help match the coin.
https://i.imgur.com/YLxSuGA.png

BTW, There have been some AWESOME submissions!  I think whatever design gets chosen, it's going to look amazing.

Best of luck to everyone!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: