Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:03:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what if the 0.01% succeeded?  (Read 1106 times)
merockstar (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

BTS: merockstar420

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:18:50 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 08:08:03 PM by merockstar

suppose they achieved what they're apparently trying to do.

every job has been replaced by robots. every member of the 99.99% is dieing a slow painful death of some kind.

how would they continue to make profit?

what would they do if they've taken control of every single last resource and there's nothing left to take, and they have everything they and their families need for the foreseeable future?

i guess after the 99.99% died off they'd start repopulating the earth with their descendants. eventually, after many thousands of years, their descendants would start to get into skirmishes over how to divide resources. would history repeat itself?
btcsup

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:13:22 AM

Life tries to hold continue its living or life want to keep its alive. So i don't think life will allow 1% to succeed.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, don't miss!. SrmjM2Q8BK8S92TmLP7V3j3YNVJSY3KZ6G
merockstar (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:26:55 AM

Life tries to hold continue its living or life want to keep its alive. So i don't think life will allow 1% to succeed.

some technology might allow them to win though.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:44:36 AM

They would continue to make profit by being the ones selling the robots
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:48:39 AM

if every job is replaced for robots, then the robots could work for the oter 99% too?

And there still will be jobs not replacable by robots, like arts and services
bajlox

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:06:04 AM

Sure but we wont bee able to see that happening

Sydboy

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:52:32 AM

The 1% will still need us. who will serve them drinks and stuff like that.
Do you really worry about this kind of thing ?
I am all for conspiracies and usually believe a lot of them, but some are just a tad crazy.
WoopDeBoop

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:01:21 AM

If you make over $34,000 a year you are in the 1% globally.

Sydboy

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:16:17 AM

are you serious ?
does USA and EUrope have minimum wage ?
In Australia we do.  ithought the average salary was 45-50k a year.

Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:22:29 AM

every job has been replaced by robots. every member of the 99% is dieing a slow painful death of some kind.

what would they do if they've taken control of every single last resource and there's nothing left to take, and they have everything they and their families need for the foreseeable future?

i guess after the 99% died off they'd start repopulating the earth with their descendants. eventually, after many thousands of years, their descendants would start to get into skirmishes over how to divide resources. would history repeat itself?

I would think that something similar to the French Revolution would happen before things became that bad.

The robots probably.

are you serious ?

You forgot to include the poor countries like Uganda. A lot of people living in poor countries only make a fraction of what the average American or European makes.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
WoopDeBoop

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:24:19 AM

are you serious ?

Google it.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/02/27/we_are_all_the_1_percent

WoopDeBoop

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:29:03 AM

You forgot to include the poor countries like Uganda. A lot of people living in poor countries only make a fraction of what the average American or European makes.

Global average is $1200 a year.

Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:39:11 AM

1% only have strength when the military follows their orders, and military is not typically composed of 1%ers.  When the shit hits the fan (or rather IF), then it would be robot vs military.  Hmm, T2.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:17:28 PM

Why are you scared of automation? In the future money (including Bitcoin) will have no value and the few jobs that need humans will be done by voluntarism. Think about it, if now, in a society based on the scam, the greed and being exploited, there are a lot of people volunteering, in an advanced society where you really contribute directly to said society (unlike the current 99% of garbage jobs) you would be seen as an hero, instead of seeing as heros idiots that inherit a lot of money or win the lottery.

rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:25:59 PM

every job has been replaced by robots. every member of the 99% is dieing a slow painful death of some kind.

i guess after the 99% died off they'd start repopulating the earth with their descendants. eventually, after many thousands of years, their descendants would start to get into skirmishes over how to divide resources. would history repeat itself?

No: the 0.01% will try to make rid of the remaining 0.99%
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:37:17 PM

If the situation was this problematic, surely a revolution would happen. No police would want to work for the 1% if even themselves are starving.

Plus, the 1% would not have much power if the other 99% are low-life slaves; they need a strong society in order to have the power they crave.
merockstar (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:02:53 PM

some interesting points by all.

I was very much halfway asleep (if not sleep-typing) when I wrote this.

Has anybody seen the movie elysium? I'm maybe picturing something like that- that continued to evolve that way without matt damon there to save our asses. something like that could prevent a french revolution

I'm surprised to learn that the cut off for the global one percent is that low. 34 doesn't seem like much to live on from where I'm living. in fact I'm pretty sure it's somewhere near the poverty line in the U.S.

there has to be something unaccounted for, cost of living maybe/currency conversion? if that is accounted for in that math, then HOW IN THE LIVING FUCK does one live on 1.25 a day? I may have to make that a reddit AMA... although I'm not sure my heart can take it.

I'm dismayed to learn that I'm still not in the global one percent, even with the line being drawn that low. so hah! you thought I was some spoiled shit who doesn't know what he has didn't you?

maybe what I really meant was the top one percent of the one percent-- which works out to about 700,000 filthy rich people.

They would continue to make profit by being the ones selling the robots

to who? each other? that's going to be one hellaciously stagnant economy.

if every job is replaced for robots, then the robots could work for the oter 99% too?

And there still will be jobs not replacable by robots, like arts and services

robots cost money. this is not star trek, we have not developed replication technology (although if we could, that would be the great equalizer).

Why are you scared of automation? In the future money (including Bitcoin) will have no value and the few jobs that need humans will be done by voluntarism. Think about it, if now, in a society based on the scam, the greed and being exploited, there are a lot of people volunteering, in an advanced society where you really contribute directly to said society (unlike the current 99% of garbage jobs) you would be seen as an hero, instead of seeing as heros idiots that inherit a lot of money or win the lottery.

yea, except i don't really see it playing out that way. When jobs go the way of the dinosaur bullshit if rich people are gonna share the resources. I do not buy that. unless replicators get invented. I'm not scared of automation. I'm scared of my progeny living like some people apparently live now.

Do you really worry about this kind of thing ?
I am all for conspiracies and usually believe a lot of them, but some are just a tad crazy.

I kinda do a little actually. It doesn't ruin my existence, but I feel like it's something worth worrying about. I'm actually thinking about trying to write a short story somehow involving this.

1% only have strength when the military follows their orders, and military is not typically composed of 1%ers.  When the shit hits the fan (or rather IF), then it would be robot vs military.  Hmm, T2.

Brilliant! May I use that in said story?

Also, according to what I'm reading, the military IS composed of one percenters globally speaking. However, for the purposes of this post, I've changed it to 0.01% So that remains a valid point.

If the situation was this problematic, surely a revolution would happen. No police would want to work for the 1% if even themselves are starving.

Plus, the 1% would not have much power if the other 99% are low-life slaves; they need a strong society in order to have the power they crave.

or high technology, like in elysium.

thought provoking shit, guys. thanks for participating.

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:47:08 PM

You can't eat money. I'm still hoping for a Star Trek like future. Apart from humanity being able to escape the planet and realize there are more things to do than destroying their planet and themselves, you could just go and improve yourself or do something creative. But I'm not really convinced this will work out anytime soon.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 10:49:41 PM

You can't eat money. I'm still hoping for a Star Trek like future. Apart from humanity being able to escape the planet and realize there are more things to do than destroying their planet and themselves, you could just go and improve yourself or do something creative. But I'm not really convinced this will work out anytime soon.
Or Destiny from SG:U. Sadly I'm pretty sure that I won't be here to see those days, neither will anyone who reads this.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:59:24 PM

Or Destiny from SG:U. Sadly I'm pretty sure that I won't be here to see those days, neither will anyone who reads this.

Never really watched Stargate... I really don't like science fiction series and movies that much. Expect for Star Trek, since I grew up with Picard and his kick-ass crew. Maybe there should be something that's set in the Star Trek universe but focused on something other than space exploration/space stations/space war...

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: