Bitcoin Forum
September 15, 2024, 01:22:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB up 50K worth BTC  (Read 2984 times)
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1250

Owner at AltQuick.com

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 09:49:27 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 10:05:32 AM by BayAreaCoins

or just do bank transfer.   Roll Eyes

Paypal it. Fuck it

Edit:

You'll catch a extra felony trying to run money through your bank account in small chunks to avoid paperwork just btw dude.  

http://www.tba.org/journal/dividing-your-deposits-is-a-federal-crime

Don't over think this shit Tongue This law applies to janitors just as much as it does to drug dealers.

I'm willing to bet Danny is fine.  I hear nothing but good things about him.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://AltQuick.com/Faucet/ Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
WEB slicer
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 11:26:27 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 03:31:40 PM by WEB slicer

people who aren't legit don't put money in the bank, they do cash. people who have money in the bank don't withdraw 50K to meet some random stranger on the internet, they bank transfer. this is basic right click left click shit.

you guys are all over people who want $20 paypal but not this nub who want's to trade 50K cash in chicago? the city with the highest murder rate in the country. you guys are always good for a laugh.   Cheesy

i wasn't questioning danny. nor am i questioning this guy. i'm just pointing out the obvious and trying to warn people about the 10K rule. even if both parties are legit if you can't prove the source of funds you will lose it.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 4798

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:56:11 PM

get caught with 10K cash in your hand or car and they will take that shit if you can't prove where you got it at that very moment. if you can't prove the source of the funds in court you won't get it back.

Web slicer is not wrong on this.  From a story on NPR:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91555835
On Oct. 20, 2005, Gonzalez says he was driving south on U.S. Highway 281 from Austin to Brownsville to look at a car and buy a gravestone for his dying aunt. Gonzalez, who owns a car lot, was carrying $10,032 in a briefcase.

- snip -

The deputies handed Gonzalez a waiver: If he signed over the money and did not claim the currency, he could walk away free. If he did not sign the waiver, he would be arrested for money-laundering. Gonzalez signed the waiver and gave up rights to his money.

"So at that time we got in our car and we left, still trying to figure out what just happened. We got officers that took our cash. We got officers that told us we can't get an attorney. So I'm thinking, are these guys officers of law? Did I just get robbed of my money?"

That's a very large amount of cash to be carrying around, but as you can see from the story, he was not stopped for or charged with any crime.  They found out that he had a lot of cash on him, so they took it and required him to prove in court that it wasn't obtained illegally.
WEB slicer
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:01:45 PM

it's so fucked up. even if you are an honest guy who works for his money they will still rob you and get away with it. they don't care about doing the right thing, they just want the money.

they were targeting illegal immigrants in arizona and texas taking their car and everything in it cause they knew they had no recourse they just took their shit and let them go.

i know we got a little off topic but i was really just trying to tell you guys about this. don't want this to happen to anybody. knowledge is power yo.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1250

Owner at AltQuick.com

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 06:31:32 PM

knowledge is power yo.

Yooo <3 (I feel ya)

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://AltQuick.com/Faucet/ Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
bornforfreedom (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:27:04 AM

anything over 10K cash can and will be seized. the burden of proof to prove the source of the funds is on you. if you can't prove the source of the funds bye bye money and hello criminal charges. cops seize cars and all it's contents for this shit cause of corrupt anti money laundering laws. bank transfer is the way to do this.

Yes, bornforfreedom has reason to be concerned about the size of his transaction.

I don't have more than 10 BTC available to sell to him, so my transaction would be less than the $10,000 you are warning about.

It doesn't look like bornforfreedom was serious anyhow.  Clearly if he was actually active on localbitcoins and was actually looking to buy bitcoins in Chicago, he would already have found plenty of sellers in the area.  Perhaps he was attempting to manipulate the market, foolishly thinking that demonstrating interest in a $50,000 transaction would be enough to significantly move the market?

[/quote
Danny,
I was dumb serious.I wish 50k will move the 12B market.It would make both of us rich.As far as cash concern as long as I have a proof of withdrawal this amount from bank I think I should be fine.And yes just like you I do share my profits with IRS.
You know you can't buy easily even 30k in Chicago. So I tried to see if somebody here.Looks like big traders aren't using this forum.
P.S.
We know each other very well and we are probably only  two out of three people on LB who earned the highest trust on LB in Chicago.
P.P.S. Willing to buy as low as 10btc for cash in Chicago or SF now.Anyone?
bornforfreedom (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:32:28 AM

Oh you're right.  Guess he is law enforcement then.  I like the name he chose.
Wrong guess.Very wrong.Ask Danny.
bornforfreedom (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:38:16 AM

people who aren't legit don't put money in the bank, they do cash. people who have money in the bank don't withdraw 50K to meet some random stranger on the internet, they bank transfer. this is basic right click left click shit.

you guys are all over people who want $20 paypal but not this nub who want's to trade 50K cash in chicago? the city with the highest murder rate in the country. you guys are always good for a laugh.   Cheesy

i wasn't questioning danny. nor am i questioning this guy. i'm just pointing out the obvious and trying to warn people about the 10K rule. even if both parties are legit if you can't prove the source of funds you will lose it.
Well I had no problem to withdraw my home equity loan in cash.Cash is a legal tender in US , I have a proof how I got my money and as long as people prefer cash as a payment I don't see why should I worry.
bornforfreedom (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:43:12 AM

Can I get ur localbitcoin profile? With some proof and not just the link?
PM me please
bornforfreedom (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:48:32 AM

Danny, you seem very naive about how the laws actually work.

You are welcome to your opinion.

I am well educated in the matter, and am not concerned.  Thank you for looking out for me, but I'll be ok.
Danny is probably the most careful trader I meet.
bornforfreedom (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:56:26 AM

just trying to educate people considering traveling with more than 10K cash.

I think you might be thinking of International flights.  If you are flying outside the country with more than $10,000 you have to declare it (which isn't a big deal.) Also if you make a deposit into your bank account your bank has to fill out some bullshit (which I've never got bothered about... I'm not a greasy hippy generally.)

For flights within the country you can fly with as much cash as you can stuff in your bag.  I wouldn't put it under the plane Cheesy

the only good reason i can think of why somebody would rather come with 50K cash is robbery drug dealer tax evasion or some other shady reason why they can't prove the source of the funds. most legitimate people in possession of 50K would want to do bank transfer cause it's safer and they have no problems with paper trail. but hey, i don't know this guy or his reasons so if anybody want's to roll the dice go for it.

Pretty bold statement.

Remember cash is king and big transactions are part of life.  It is just a matter if you want to take responsibility for it or not. 

Believe it or not you don't need someone to hold your hand in a 50k transaction Tongue
Well said.
I bought all my cars for cash and always got respect from sellers.
I paid my rent by cash till I bought condo which I put down payment by cash and the rest in check wich was founded by cash.
Since when cash became something bad?

I
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 4798

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:16:25 PM

Danny,
I was dumb serious.I wish 50k will move the 12B market.It would make both of us rich.As far as cash concern as long as I have a proof of withdrawal this amount from bank I think I should be fine.And yes just like you I do share my profits with IRS.
You know you can't buy easily even 30k in Chicago. So I tried to see if somebody here.Looks like big traders aren't using this forum.

Ah, I think I've figured out who you are now. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Actually, you can buy $50,000 worth of bitcoins easily in Chicago, but you'll pay a premium to do it.  I'm pretty sure, that you are one of at least two people in Chicago that I figured would be would be willing to sell that amount.  However, I'm pretty sure you're not just looking to buy, you're looking to buy at a good rate (BitStamp or lower).

If anyone is interested in selling to bornforfreedom, I'm willing to escrow the deal.

P.S.
We know each other very well and we are probably only  two out of three people on LB who earned the highest trust on LB in Chicago.

Yes, I suspect that you are one of the two other large scale "bitcoin service providers" I know of in the Chicago area.  One of them uses a different userID here (unless they have decided to create multiple accounts here), so I strongly suspect you are the other one. I knew you had created an account here at bitcointalk, but didn't know what userID you were using.

I'm willing to sell 10 BTC, but I don't think you're interested in paying my rate.  I suspect you're looking for a better deal (as I would be if I was buying).

P.S.

If you're willing to trust me with the cash, I'd be willing to act as a broker for you.  I can post an interest in buying bitcoins for BitStamp - (whatever % you like), and handle all the smaller transactions until the total amount is purchased. Then I can send the bitcoins on to you.

I've built up a pretty good reputation around here and can typically move a few thousand a week that way.  If you're willing to send cash via Western Union and MoneyGram, I can help you acquire bitcoins even faster.
badgerman

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 02:16:58 PM

OP ignored request for a link to his localbitcoin account he said he has good rep on?

bornforfreedom (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:46:48 PM

OP ignored request for a link to his localbitcoin account he said he has good rep on?
I didn't. I have no problem to PM it.
Really don't feel like  posting it all over.I do respect Danny approach on heen public, but if can protect my privacy I would.
We also can use Danny as an escrow. I would trust this guy with my life.
bornforfreedom (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:52:21 PM

Danny,

Ah, I think I've figured out who you are now. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Actually, you can buy $50,000 worth of bitcoins easily in Chicago, but you'll pay a premium to do it.  I'm pretty sure, that you are one of at least two people in Chicago that I figured would be would be willing to sell that amount.  However, I'm pretty sure you're not just looking to buy, you're looking to buy at a good rate (BitStamp or lower).
Sure.Good point.Otherwise I would buying it from my self.
If anyone is interested in selling to bornforfreedom, I'm willing to escrow the deal.

P.S.
We know each other very well and we are probably only  two out of three people on LB who earned the highest trust on LB in Chicago.

Yes, I suspect that you are one of the two other large scale "bitcoin service providers" I know of in the Chicago area.  One of them uses a different userID here (unless they have decided to create multiple accounts here), so I strongly suspect you are the other one. I knew you had created an account here at bitcointalk, but didn't know what userID you were using.
I didn't know ecery one is here as well.

I'm willing to sell 10 BTC, but I don't think you're interested in paying my rate.  I suspect you're looking for a better deal (as I would be if I was buying)
Of  course Danny.Othewise I would use LB.

P.S.

If you're willing to trust me with the cash, I'd be willing to act as a broker for you.  I can post an interest in buying bitcoins for BitStamp - (whatever % you like), and handle all the smaller transactions until the total amount is purchased. Then I can send oneyGram, I can help you acquire bitcoins even faster.
bornforfreedom (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:21:46 PM

The OP seems like he's just gonna steal your bitcoins and walk away. I advise anyone taking up his offer, to do the trade in a very Police-Populated Area. Like a bank or Police Headquarters.

Maybe renting your own team of bodyguards with automatic rifles for each of them would be good as well.

Don't trust newbie members, thats all Tongue
I don't think is a right thing to accuse somebody you even know.You can ask Danny how many times he lended coins when I needed and got them back
WEB slicer
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:02:18 PM

Since when cash became something bad?
October 26, 2001

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act

███
███