Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:00:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin GPU mining revelations and ArtForz running away  (Read 8508 times)
bulanula (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 11:46:25 PM

Anybody noticed that ArtForz has not logged in since 15 February ?

Once his lies were exposed and GPU mining was proven true, he decides to hide like a rat in the ground. These liars have no notion or meaning of the word "character" whatsoever.

"You only get about 9 khash/s on a GPU" was the lie he was spewing everywhere while he probably was the "bigcpuminer" guy mining LTC with GPUs while the rest of us idiots were CPU only mining it.

Just like he did with BTC and nobody told us. Now it is easy to get 300 khash/s on a 5870. And funnily enough the ScamCoin people had to show us this.

Where is that ArtForz liar now ?

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 11:53:50 PM

I have you on ignore so I've no idea what your post says, but I'm sure it's just a bunch of nonsense anyway Smiley

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 11:55:29 PM

I have you on ignore so I've no idea what your post says, but I'm sure it's just a bunch of nonsense anyway Smiley
That it is.

I don't know, because he is also on ignore for me, but I am certain of it.
bulanula (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 11:57:06 PM

Feel free to treat it like a bunch of nonsense but AFAIK it is true and I just had to vent this out here because I feel like all the people CPU mining LTC were screwed and lied to all the time since now.

Just wanted to see if anyone else feels the same as me. ArtForz lied to us all about the ability to GPU mine LTC and we have all been duped ... because nobody technical enough bothered to check his BS "facts". I was just trying to point out the dangers of this approach of trusting others that seem they know what they are talking about.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 12:04:44 AM

He has been on BTC-e.  He probably had better things to do, like a real job.  Artforz admitted in the thread where he was accused of GPU mining LTC that when he tried to compile for the GPU, he got all stales when his rates were high.  It's obvious that if you look at the original scrypt mining code that it should have been extremely slow on GPUs; the only reason a GPU miner was able to be effectively developed was because of the excellent in-place algorithm designed jointly by pooler/ssvb (the current GPU miner, reaper, uses this algorithm, you can look at it for yourself).  All this alt-chain drama got old for Artforz a long time ago; he's just here to play with code and try new things like ssvb or pooler.

If you're looking for tyrannical alt-chain cult leaders, try solidcointalk.org.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
bulanula (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 12:06:46 AM

Quote from: tacotime
If you're looking for tyrannical alt-chain cult leaders, try solidcointalk.org.

Yeah. They are very suspect too.

I mean why post a link to Reaper that can mine LTC on the SLC website Huh

Maybe trying to do a 51% attack or dump LTC so price tanks or some other plan to wipe out the competition to SLC

Why would they be promoting GPU LTC mining otherwise ?

Really strange ...

tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 12:11:56 AM

The reason is because CH thought that by doing so that everyone would lose faith or something in LTC, probably similar to CH's logic that if you make the mining reward almost nothing that suddenly people would trade SC for $1 each while ignoring the fact that people don't really want SC all that much in the first place.

CH's SC2 algorithm is roughly the same as LTC's in that CH proclaimed first that it was a CPU-fast algorithm, then an algorithm where GPU meets CPU, and finally an algorithm most quickly able to be mine on AMD GPUs.  Coinhunter doesn't really need to be accused of premining SC2 though, since there is a 10% tax on the currency as it already is (5% block generation and 5% of block transactions).

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 12:30:59 AM

Yeah. They are very suspect too.

You know that without mtrlt exposing the lies no one except the "inner circle" would know. People like him go after challenges and when SolidCoin mining became unprofitable he looked at alternate challenges like scrypt. There is nothing sinister there and the fact that he released just shows how he didn't want other people to get scammed by Coblee/artforz.

The best thing he could have done if he was a scammer is kept the miner to himself and GPU mine Litecoin at double the price it is right now, at a much lower difficulty, just like artforz and the inner circle was. Instead he told people and then released it so that people could see for themselves. And we still have litecoin spindoctors like tacotime (probably in on the GPU mining from the start) trying to put some weird spin on the truth like usual.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 01:06:42 AM

Yay, CH is finally back! It had been getting quiet in here.

TBH I "premined" immediately after release on faster AMD clusters, before pooler released the Intel friendly miner.  So in that case I am guilty of mining with something that, at the time, was faster than it should have been.

Code:
Ahimoth

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 02:18:39 AM

Yay, CH is finally back! It had been getting quiet in here.

TBH I "premined" immediately after release on faster AMD clusters, before pooler released the Intel friendly miner.  So in that case I am guilty of mining with something that, at the time, was faster than it should have been.

True, but you didn't pick the hashing algorithm and then tell everyone it would run like crap on an AMD cluster.

There's a few basic scenarios that led us to the place we are:

1: Basically Artforz didn't care enough about CPU coins to actually research it enough (which is basically what he told me). Implements it in tenebrix, and then walks away.

2: Artforz picked that hash and corresponding parameters intentionally, knowing the published data said it should be parallelization resistant (with the right options), yet knew to himself that it would run perfectly fine on a GPU with the parameters he chose. Tells the world it runs like crap on a gpu, and then proceeds to cash in while the rest of the world was hashing away on their cpu's thinking everyone was on an equal playing field.

3: A combination of the first two. Artforz spent a few minutes looking for a parallel hard algorithm. Figured scrypt was good enough (the internet said it was), and he didn't care enough to research it very long, then implemented it in tenebrix. Later he spends some time testing it in opencl only to discover that it actually runs pretty well on a GPU. Then he proceeds to tell the world that he tested it and it sucked on a GPU. He then continues to mine it at a huge advantage, and sell it for a huge profit over BTC mining.

I don't know which is true, and there's really no simple way to prove any of the 3 options outlined above. Whether it was purely a lack of caring enough, or a desire to make a quick buck, I don't think we will ever know.
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 02:51:41 AM

And we still have litecoin spindoctors like tacotime (probably in on the GPU mining from the start) trying to put some weird spin on the truth like usual.

Well ain't that the pot calling the kettle black as they say, the irony is just so over the top it is not even funny..
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 03:02:25 AM

>>Ahimoth

Yep. Coinhunter should let you control his account, you're much more level headed.

The only truly suspicious thing Artforz did was refuse to release the GPU miner he created.  I'm still wondering to this day why that was. That Artforz would run this whole again for the sake of a pyramid scheme to make himself incredibly wealthy seems suspect though, since everyone knows that his private GPU mining of bitcoin before anyone else did it has likely netted him millions. In BTC-E he even expressed admiration for SC2's private node system, but admonished the egotistical administration and poor economic foresight applied to it.

What would be most amusing is Artforz running both chains secretly to see which ends up dominant in the end, and creating the drama between them to promote them both -- if he premined LTC and owns the CPF, then he wins regardless of what the dominant chain is. I think that's a little too much conspiracy theory for anyone to take seriously, though.

Code:
Schwede65

Activity: 309

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 08:40:52 AM

yeah, now the truth is slowly revealed...

there has been no ltc-cpu-botnet and no ltc-big-cpu-miner...
just a medium-gpu-farm with ltc-gpu-mining...

the whole popcorn-drama has been performed to scam us, the stupid cpu-miner...

yeah, ltc was a scam, this must be accepted just by the sc-bashing-fraction...

this has been changed by the mtrlt-reaper13 for everyone.
SuperTramp
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2012, 08:51:17 AM

Anybody noticed that ArtForz has not logged in since 15 February ?

Once his lies were exposed and GPU mining was proven true, he decides to hide like a rat in the ground. These liars have no notion or meaning of the word "character" whatsoever.

"You only get about 9 khash/s on a GPU" was the lie he was spewing everywhere while he probably was the "bigcpuminer" guy mining LTC with GPUs while the rest of us idiots were CPU only mining it.

Just like he did with BTC and nobody told us. Now it is easy to get 300 khash/s on a 5870. And funnily enough the ScamCoin people had to show us this.

Where is that ArtForz liar now ?

I am getting 277KHash/s with a 5830. mtrlt nailed the latest version of Reaper.

MincoinForum, Home Of The World's Fastest & Rarest Cryptocurrency. https://www.mincoinforum.com
Only 10million Mincoin To Be Created. Find out more at https://www.mincoin.us
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 08:55:22 AM

I'd like to see proof that ArtForz did in fact GPU mine LTC.

LTC seems to be doing just fine.

Not sure why this thread needs to be taken seriously without any proof that ArtForz in fact did scam people in LTC.

Please show me proof that he did what is being spouted in OP.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Ahimoth

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 08:57:31 AM

Not sure why this thread needs to be taken seriously without any proof that ArtForz in fact did scam people in LTC.

As I said a few posts earlier:
I don't know which is true, and there's really no simple way to prove any of the 3 options outlined above. Whether it was purely a lack of caring enough, or a desire to make a quick buck, I don't think we will ever know.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 09:15:02 AM

Then if you have NO proof. Please STFU and stop posting BS on this forum. Thank you!  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bulanula (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 11:01:33 AM

Then if you have NO proof. Please STFU and stop posting BS on this forum. Thank you!  Grin

You really believe that somebody as knowledgeable like ArtForz would miss something as easy like "I could not figure out why it was not producing valid shares and I left it" Huh

ArtForz clearly lied to us all and we have been duped. That is what really happened IMHO. He did the same thing with BTC, GPU mining about 60K on a 4870 ( told me this in btc-e chat ) in the early days while the rest of the idiots were CPU mining BTC. He was a liar and thus he did not log in since 15 February.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 05:47:11 PM

Seeing that a GPU client for Litecoin indeed exist and work perfectly, i think that yes, someone made that client and kept it in an inner circle and mined shitload of litecoins with GPU before the client went public.
I dunno if it's ArtForz or someone else, probably him given his knowledge and relation with Litecoin.

So i suppose that scenario 2 is what really happened.

But saying that Litecoin is a scam? No. The truth is that we have all been idiots mining with CPU and trusting someone. So yes, ArtForz or someone else lied and we happily believed him like sheeps.

Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 06:39:11 PM

I am surprised where you draw the line between "not knowing" and a "lie".

Would you accuse Ptolemeus of lieing just because he established the geocentric model of the universe? Or Nils Bohr for his model of the Atom? Furthermore why would you accuse Artforz for giving something he seemingly hasnt had much trust in more time to spend on? If i was in the situation and would know to the best of my knowleadge that there is no need (for me!) to investigate something any deeper i would as well not keep working on it.
The question just is: is someone guilty of lieing if he doesnt give a topic a second or third or nth thought and other proof him wrong? If you really believe that you should never ever go into the real world. I lie is an active act and nothing as passive as not knowing. ..

So who here has undoubtful proof that Artforz, someone i got to know so far as a honest person, lied to the forum? All i can see so far is just some SC supporters and trolls to badmouth him, nothing more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: