Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2024, 03:37:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hobonickels - plotting the way forward  (Read 649 times)
buzzcoin (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:10:11 AM

Hi tranz,
From a marketing perspective I think hobonickels is not being promoted and adopted actively enough
More needs to be done. If mass adoption is to take place then,

The Nickels community needs more incentives to get it going.
The 500 coin staking max limit wont help.

Not to be too worried about inflation. Other coins also face inflation with other costs such as mining/electricity and price/volume swings
The Nickels dev team must first look at the cost/profit outcome for the entire nickel community. If the community does  not see profit they will dump this coin
A market place within the wallet also should be considered.All the devs are vying for this
From an economic perspective the 2% is also not going to help keep the community involved. Stakers dont want to keep thier coins staking at the cost of pc usage, electricity, and time. It is not economically feasible. The rewards must must offset the expense. Just like the flaw that bitcoin is not dealing with,(Cost of minig verse profit)

There is no services and additional products being being around Hobonickels.
It is not active in many coin exchanges like other coins.

Tranz it is also noted that you are also handling other projects. This might not help any one of hobonickels or the others. If possible pass on development to other dev guys or share the workload

If what I am saying is nonsense then I want the Nickels community to watch the coins current marketcap. If the coin goes back to its marketcap highs then I wont post again here but if I am right then I still wont need to post here because the coin will be gone way down the marketcap rank or maybe even dead.
The competition in the coin market is too fierce now, thats why Nickels has been steadily in decline. Simply put Nickels needs to change or die

Remember success is based on incentives, incentives, incentives. The community needs incentives to keep this coin
Jamesco

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:51:03 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 02:41:20 PM by Jamesco

I really don't think you understand or give enough credit to the amount of time, effort and work Tranz has dedicated to Hobonickels and continues to do so. While I think we should organize more community development this should not be directed at Tranz as he has enough work with his consistent updates.

Instead I think you, with your 7 total post count, if you are invested enough to write this, instead of complaining you should work on getting the community together, work on implementing your marketing and promotion ideas. You should lead by example instead of leading by posting a complaint about a developer who has done nothing but release constant updates and respond to anything asked for from the community. I think you might not be that invested in this coin to do so(this is my assumption prove me wrong) I would love to see this, instead of attempts at moaning and your brash comments.
buzzcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:59:24 PM

I really don't think you understand or give enough credit to the amount of time, effort and work Tranz has dedicated to Hobonickels and continues to do so. While I think we should organize more community development this should not be directed at Tranz as he has enough work with his consistent updates.

Instead I think you, with your 7 total post count, if you are invested enough to write this, instead of complaining you should work on getting the community together, work on implementing your marketing and promotion ideas. You should lead by example instead of leading by posting a complaint about a developer who has done nothing but release constant updates and respond to anything asked for from the community. I think you might not be that invested in this coin to do so(this is my assumption prove me wrong) I would love to see this instead of attempts at complaining.

Jamesco, marketing is just one problem, part of a whole lot.
It might seem like I am complaining, but I think you should take a deeperr look at all the points I made. The technical parameters of the coin are killing it, not marketing. Any coin can sell itself if it has a great technical design. I am only suggesting the marketing bit because the technical side is killing it
Bottom line from my point of view, honestly (THE COIN IS F*cked). It wont reach the highs it once had, and with such fierce competition its going to get worse
Jamesco WATCH THE COIN IN THE COMING WEEKS, THEN IM GOING TO COME BACK TO YOU
Jamesco

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:36:35 PM

Now it becomes apparent what your actual intent is behind this post, thanks for making it more than obvious. Sorry for replying to this, I wont post in this thread again.
buzzcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:01:47 PM

Now it becomes apparent what your actual intent is behind this post, thanks for making it more than obvious. Sorry for replying to this, I wont post in this thread again.
Jamesco you are welcome to comment, i welcome constructive comments.
If it looks as if I am trying to badger Tranz or get the coin up there or down  then, let me be more clear. Tranz has spent a lot of time on hobo, The community thank him for his work, but if the coin fails, who do you think everyone will be looking at? ( yes the dev team) because every day we read posts about the dev being at fault. Tranz is a good dev but he has a lot to handle and he also needs the input of what is possibly good to prevent his work from going to waste, because it might just go to waste when you find the greedy profiters find no more use for the coin and they dump all his hard work without valuing the devs hard work, so whatever becomes apparent to you it may not matter now because i think I am talking and suggesting too late
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: