Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:02:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need 0.41 BTC I'm in a bad bind, please help!  (Read 5403 times)
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:20:00 PM

good thing I took a screen shot of this bastard now should I post it, so everyone can see the scammer?  or you gonna pay back something ?
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:32:21 PM

good thing I took a screen shot of this bastard now should I post it, so everyone can see the scammer?  or you gonna pay back something ?

What happened here? Did the OP run a donation scam?
jdany

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Inspired

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:47:30 PM

Why did people send him funds ? I am curious how he convinced  you guys he was genuine ?
it really did not take much did it.. an then when people started send him money he decided he needed more ?

that is just going to make scammers or people in his 'situation' come here more often.. its like when you feed the pidgeons.. and a huge swarm of them come in.... and you can never get rid of them..

did he pay the original guy the 0.1 back Huh?

Very sage.

Until now, I really didn't get how much harm could be done by participating.
I figured, if it's not legit, it's on them.  My intentions were pure.

But, in reality, when you enable one scammer, they become 20 scammers. 
Then, everyone has a sob story.  And there is no good way to differentiate between people who need help and those who are scammers.

So, F it.  No more blind bitcoin philanthropy.
Need to pay your rent, go deliver some pizzas.
He spent so much time and effort panhandling here, he could have done enough in the real world that would have earned him the couple hundred dollars he needed. 
If it's one thing we need in Bitcoin, it's less scammers, not more.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:09:39 PM

even people who do need help may struggle to pay back on time ...needy people usually stay broke

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:14:41 PM

Yay, hopefully you will stick to what you said.
Bloody people here in Australia claim their are no jobs or immigrants are stealing them. It is such BS. Immigrants do them because the locals do not want to.
When I was 18 I worked in a car wash until I started my proper career shortly after.

But yeah giving donations is just enabling.
Why not give some junkies some heroin, jam the syringe right in their arm for them :p

And yeah I honestly believe it is like feeding the pidgeons as I said earlier. You feed one, the others will never leave you alone.
The guy had an internet connection and a PC.. some one had obviously paid for that. Let him borrow money off them.

Why did people send him funds ? I am curious how he convinced  you guys he was genuine ?
it really did not take much did it.. an then when people started send him money he decided he needed more ?

that is just going to make scammers or people in his 'situation' come here more often.. its like when you feed the pidgeons.. and a huge swarm of them come in.... and you can never get rid of them..

did he pay the original guy the 0.1 back Huh?

Very sage.

Until now, I really didn't get how much harm could be done by participating.
I figured, if it's not legit, it's on them.  My intentions were pure.

But, in reality, when you enable one scammer, they become 20 scammers. 
Then, everyone has a sob story.  And there is no good way to differentiate between people who need help and those who are scammers.

So, F it.  No more blind bitcoin philanthropy.
Need to pay your rent, go deliver some pizzas.
He spent so much time and effort panhandling here, he could have done enough in the real world that would have earned him the couple hundred dollars he needed. 
If it's one thing we need in Bitcoin, it's less scammers, not more.

rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 01:25:13 PM

Didn't he say that the original account was banned ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=346264

Name:  jeremyhalifax88
Activity: 42
Position:  Jr. Member
Date Registered:  June 20, 2014, 10:58:52 PM
Last Active:  Today at 12:18:48 PM

I think they just banned him from posting/sending PMs, not logging in.  Not 100% sure though.
Wow is this really happening, this guy was sending PM's to random members and its quite obvious that most of them must have reported it , and it appeared like he's not bothered about it as long as people sending him BTC.
 Fortunately most of the members sent him donation and not loans. so they knew that its not coming back.

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 10:46:27 AM

Such a huge amount of effort went into this scam I don't understand why people don't focus their energy on providing value to other people instead of trying to dupe others.

Honestly, I thought this guy could be legit. Glad I didn't waste any money on him.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 05:16:28 PM

good thing I took a screen shot of this bastard now should I post it, so everyone can see the scammer?

Luckily one person saved his pics before he removed it. Rehost the pic and post it back on here. It's pressure for him to pay back the loans (not donations).

eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:18:24 PM

good thing I took a screen shot of this bastard now should I post it, so everyone can see the scammer?

Luckily one person saved his pics before he removed it. Rehost the pic and post it back on here. It's pressure for him to pay back the loans (not donations).

It's on google images along with some other interesting stuff. Shame no one checked him out beforehand : /
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 07:01:15 PM

hello, i found a company who can provide you with a secured and unsecured loan, student loan or business loan. they have helped a lot of people and they are still doing so, they are not scammers and they are different from other lenders. you can also try contacting them i know they can help you also.

What are the chances someone registers just to say this... aka spam

ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:54:23 PM

Such a huge amount of effort went into this scam I don't understand why people don't focus their energy on providing value to other people instead of trying to dupe others.

Honestly, I thought this guy could be legit. Glad I didn't waste any money on him.
Same here.  Luckily didn't fall prey to this hustle and fully agree if energy focused on some legitimate enterprise for the amount of effort he placed in this thread.

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 07:57:04 PM

Same here.  Luckily didn't fall prey to this hustle and fully agree if energy focused on some legitimate enterprise for the amount of effort he placed in this thread.

Well I've just been revisiting the lending subforum lately and it really seems like 80%+ are scams and some rather elaborate at that, perhaps if you have many going at once it's 'worth it'?

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
dontCAREhair

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:57:27 PM

hello, i found a company who can provide you with a secured and unsecured loan, student loan or business loan. they have helped a lot of people and they are still doing so, they are not scammers and they are different from other lenders. you can also try contacting them i know they can help you also.

The hotmail email address means that this is almost 100% some kind of scam. Likely trying to get a copy of the OP's ID.
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 07:59:17 PM

The hotmail email address means that this is almost 100% some kind of scam. Likely trying to get a copy of the OP's ID.

Scammers scamming scammers?!  Huh

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:51:51 PM

Hey OP guy.  Put down the crack-pipe and payback the people you owe fella.  That little boulder isn't going to last you forever guy!

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: