Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:15:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btc is a currency?do u used btc buy anything?and why?  (Read 2399 times)
SunBin

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:13:02 PM

Holding and only using btc to buy miner for now.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:15:16 PM

I have bough various things.

If I have some in my KryptoKit browser wallet, it is so much easier to pay with BTC than with fiat.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:22:08 AM

I do use BTC to buy things sometimes. Gift cards, orders on Foodler. I don't know if that makes it a currency or not, LOL. The distinction isn't all that important to me.
ACCTseller

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:11:42 PM

I just used it to buy a laptop from Dell Smiley
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:23:12 PM

i use it when i have it. i bought in a long time ago and keep most in cold storage, but when i get paid for services, etc, i usually keep them in a hot wallet and spend them eventually.
BTC-Bank

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:04:31 PM

I prefer to keep them using them for trading and any other service that make profit.
WillyBTC

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:22:06 PM

I sometimes spend my trading gains on Amazon.
anivia

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:01:58 PM

Trading with BTC seems to be a nice option for people who are experienced with Bitcoin Usage. Those who are novice & arent used to make full use of Bitcoins dont do more than simple transactions with it...
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:48:00 PM

I sports bet with it during football season.

I have played poker with BTC in the past.

I have purchased gift cards with it as well.

I have paid for services before with it. Dropped a few BTC at stripforbit before.

Used to play satoshi dice back in the day. Never spent much there.

Bought a mining share last year.

I think that is all. Besides trading of course.
Korlic

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:26:47 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 05:29:48 AM by Korlic

I think it's definitely a currency and commodity. I love to buy and spend btc, but it takes a lot to win me over. It has to be a really nice deal and/or btc exclusive.

If I spend it - I buy it back

#1 Hodler
nothing2seeHere

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:15:39 AM

I use it as much as I can so I can try to get more people to discover how well it works.
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 03:18:24 AM

When huge merchants (its already happening, dell, overstock, newegg) start accepting it, especially apple, and restaurants like mcdonalds and sturbucks, start accepting bitcoin, thats when you will realise it will work as a currency. Imagine how simple it would be to order something. Scan a QR code.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
WillyBTC

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:31:52 AM

When huge merchants (its already happening, dell, overstock, newegg) start accepting it, especially apple, and restaurants like mcdonalds and sturbucks, start accepting bitcoin, thats when you will realise it will work as a currency. Imagine how simple it would be to order something. Scan a QR code.

Think about those huge companies accepting bitcoin, though. They have huge supply chains of vendors, all requiring fiat for payment. Either bitcoin makes leaps and bounds in mainstream adoption first, such that those supply chains are partly payable in BTC, or that would be an incredible constant downward push on BTC price.
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:53:45 AM

Think about those huge companies accepting bitcoin, though. They have huge supply chains of vendors, all requiring fiat for payment.

that's what's i've been thinking for a long time. people say "we should all convince Amazon to accept BTC". thing is, it's gonna take more than convincing. what are they going to do with all the BTC, considering their volume?

Huh
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:11:22 PM

I only use it as a currency. In fact I have never sold a bitcoin. I buy them, then spend them when I shop online. Why? Because it is the fastest, safest, and cheapest way to buy anything from anyone, anywhere on the planet.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 05:50:35 PM

I only use it as a currency. In fact I have never sold a bitcoin. I buy them, then spend them when I shop online. Why? Because it is the fastest, safest, and cheapest way to buy anything from anyone, anywhere on the planet.
Same, I have never sold one, but I am starting up a site and of course I will want to get some cash out of that, but really its pointless to sell your bitcoin.

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: