Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:49:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btc is a currency?do u used btc buy anything?and why?  (Read 2399 times)
PrimevalLeviathan (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:46:26 PM

i dont think btc is a currency
btc is more like a bulk commodity
i used btc for 3 years 
but  i  never used it to buy anyhing
always trading btc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:08:54 PM

I regularly use it to buy things
Merchant adoption of btc has grown at a stunning rate, manifold buying options exist now

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:26:31 AM

I don't think the need to classify Bitcoin is very important.  If you have found value in it as a bulk commodity that is great.  I for one like the idea of being able to make a transaction with someone across the country in an instant, so I have no problem calling it a currency.
hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:13:21 PM

Only miners occasionally use bitcoin to pay. Or people try to use it first time on overstock or tigerdirect.

Other than that, most people who owned bitcoin are hoarding it.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:31:01 PM

That is not a valid point and bit one sided.  People use Bitcoin all the time to make transactions.  There are tons of services available and merchants.  The people that think people don't spend their Bitcoin are wrong.  I've spent Bitcoin on food and other items.  I've been able to see how well it is as a currency.  It is like saying if people save their dollars that in someway means the dollar isn't a worthwhile currency which is just false.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 06:40:24 PM

Only miners occasionally use bitcoin to pay. Or people try to use it first time on overstock or tigerdirect.

I was never mining (well I was but my GPU/CPU is not enugh Cheesy) and to use Bitcoins to pay for something in 99% of cases I need to exchanged them into fiat Sad which I don't like and I believe that in next 5 years I will be able to never exchange Bitcoin into anything Smiley and pay with it for everything...

Those times will come.
trader001

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:41:04 PM

I was never mining (well I was but my GPU/CPU is not enugh Cheesy) and to use Bitcoins to pay for something in 99% of cases I need to exchanged them into fiat Sad which I don't like and I believe that in next 5 years I will be able to never exchange Bitcoin into anything Smiley and pay with it for everything...

Those times will come.

I am one of the few who think realcoin might prove to be better suited for daily transaction.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 10:29:04 PM

Those times will come.

I am one of the few who think realcoin might prove to be better suited for daily transaction.

What kind of a coin is that??? You are kidding me don't you??
There is NO better coin than Bitcoin Smiley

djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:22:46 PM

Yes it is a currency and I do use it to buy things.  In order for further acceptance we need to use it.  I am still amazed at its utility after trying to go back and use fiat to transfer value in a fast manner
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:05:28 PM

i used btc for 3 years 
always trading btc
BTC IS CURRENCY Smiley
I am byung a lot of different things with BTC. If you only hold it this will make it non currency. Currency is for exchanging. I bought two pizzas back in the day when it was about 80 $ and now I see that those pizzas are a lot more expensive for m , but i dont regret. People come one spend part of your BTC this is the way you will make it currency!
virtapayseller666

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:53:59 PM

i am using BTC for shop only on AMAZON .com

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:01:39 PM

I buy something at least once a week with bitcoin. And I do 99% of my online shopping with bitcoin. I no longer use my debit card online. For me it is money. I don't understand your assertion that because you have not bought anything with bitcoin, it can't be money. I suppose that means that because I no longer use my debit card, debit cards are not money either?

Why? Because bitcoin is the fastest, cheapest, and safest way to buy anything from anyone on the internet.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
the_K_man

Activity: 126

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:02:26 PM

There are shops that accept Btc but it is limited, in the near future im sure that the number of shops that accept Btc will increase tremendously

marcus_ee

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:19:45 PM

i used btc for 3 years 
always trading btc

I agree, the price is too volatile to use it as a currency: keep you savings, take loans or use it for daily spendings

trader001

Activity: 166

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:57:16 AM

Those times will come.

What kind of a coin is that??? You are kidding me don't you??
There is NO better coin than Bitcoin Smiley

No better implies statism and no further improvement can be done on currency and payment system.

Do you believe we have reach technology peak?

KimNam

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:47:20 AM

yeah i used it to bought some goods/computer stuffs from retailer who accept bitcoin Grin
why ? because i don't have paypal/credit card (and i don't like it too), buy something with bitcoin is easier for me
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:13:50 AM

Sure, I use BTC to buy things all the time. However, this is probably influenced by the fact that I am sitting on considerable gains (%-wise at least Tongue). Probably wouldn't spend much if I were just buying in now.
loewen.brad

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:36:16 AM

I haven't made a non-btc purchase in months. If I can't buy it with btc, either directly or indirectly via buying a gift card with my btc, I don't buy it. In fact, I just ordered a pizza a couple days ago using a gift card purchased with btc. What drew me to it as a means of transferring value is the fact that it can be transferred anywhere across the globe within minutes or even seconds with negligible (if any) fees attached. You can't say that about paypal, credit cards, bank/bank transfers, personal check, etc. All those other forms of payment either take days to clear and for the recipient to receive it or they incur very large fees for faster transfer times. As a payment system, Bitcoin (and crypto in general) is light years ahead of any other method except maybe making a physical, hand-to-hand, in-person cash transaction. And even that has its limits because you have to be within arm's reach of who you're handing the money to. Bitcoin really is the currency of the future and not just some bulk commodity to be traded between speculators. All I'm waiting for now is the day when I can completely do away with anything fiat-linked and pay all of my bills and taxes and whatnot with btc. We're not quite there yet, but that day is coming.

BTC Donation address: 1C9kFrgD4iHRnH7p86HaAQ5oSaEuzqmjf8
XIV Donation address: XErCR9BXh2oVXBy2Yh48qcRaX9tdDCRH5J
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:49:32 AM

I haven't made a non-btc purchase in months.

How about day-to-day purchases like groceries? You don't frequent local restaurants/small businesses that don't accept bitcoin? That's crazy, but I guess you're livin' the dream... Smiley
loewen.brad

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:06:12 AM

I haven't made a non-btc purchase in months.

How about day-to-day purchases like groceries? You don't frequent local restaurants/small businesses that don't accept bitcoin? That's crazy, but I guess you're livin' the dream... Smiley

haha. i guess i should make the disclosure that I still live with my parents. so stuff like groceries and whatnot are taken care of by them. and i really don't eat out all that much or frequent local businesses. although i do have a coinbase account that's linked with a netspend bank account/debit card. so if i do happen to actually need fiat for something, that's how i do that. another thing i'll do sometimes is i'll buy some gold or silver bullion via one of the online precious metal retailers and then just go sell that at a local coin shop for cash. but pretty much everything i buy is purchased online through a handful of retailers that either directly accept btc or have gift cards available through gyft.com. like i said, if i can't somehow use my bitcoin to buy it, i don't buy it.

BTC Donation address: 1C9kFrgD4iHRnH7p86HaAQ5oSaEuzqmjf8
XIV Donation address: XErCR9BXh2oVXBy2Yh48qcRaX9tdDCRH5J
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: