Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:08:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with the S2  (Read 834 times)
bellgarath1 (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:57:12 PM

I have purchased three S2 miners over the last few weeks. 
I am having a few problems, and not getting any response from Bitmaintech.  So lets see if anyone here is having the same problems.

I ordered two miners in to start. 
One of the two miners had broken fan blades inside the box.  My guess was it was a rough trip from China to the US.
One worked great other then if for any reason you needed to reset it you had to set it back up.  (both machines have this problem unlike the S1's that I have)

The other keeps shutting down do too over heating.
Room temp 70 degrees for both miners.  Both are vented to the out side.
So I moved my AC unit to drop the temp on the miner that keep shutting down.  (blowing cold air directly into the intakes of the miner)
However this did not correct the problem.  So I added a large exhaust fan.
The miner then ran for about 3 hours then shut down.
I checked the power, cords, checked the pin bridge inside the miner on the psu.  Nothing.

I though I would see if the PSU was bad.  So I pulled the PSU out of my working miner.  Swapping the dead PSU out of the miner that was shutting down due to over heating.
I also swapped out the fan from my good miner (figured if would give it the best chance to work).  I then ran the miner that had been shutting down due to over heating for 24 hours no problems.
(so I need a new PSU, and a fan).  the I put the parts back into the miner that worked fine from the start and it is running great now!

Miner # 3

DOA out of the box.
the hash boards do not line up with the board in the case!!!!!!!!!
I need to know where to send it back to for a replacement.

I have emailed several times and have not heard one peep since I emailed about the DOA miner.  I had been working with them on the miner with the broken fan blades.  They wanted me to see what I could do on my end.  I understand that as shipping alone for a broken fan is crazy from China.

So I currently have a 66% failure rate from them on the S2's.  I have bought 13 S1's from them and have a 100% working rate on those.  I am hoping someone can help figure out who to talk to, or maybe someone from Bitmaintech will contact me here!

I do like the one that works great!  I like the plug and very easy setup.
Just need some customer service here!

I did order three more S2's before I opened the box on the 3rd S2.  I probably would have at least waited to order.

Jerry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:00:04 PM

i had an issue with a dead PSU and dead hash board and they were very quick to help send replacements after i shipped them the dead parts
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:31:54 PM

I have purchased three S2 miners over the last few weeks. 
I am having a few problems, and not getting any response from Bitmaintech.  So lets see if anyone here is having the same problems.

I ordered two miners in to start. 
One of the two miners had broken fan blades inside the box.  My guess was it was a rough trip from China to the US.
One worked great other then if for any reason you needed to reset it you had to set it back up.  (both machines have this problem unlike the S1's that I have)

The other keeps shutting down do too over heating.
Room temp 70 degrees for both miners.  Both are vented to the out side.
So I moved my AC unit to drop the temp on the miner that keep shutting down.  (blowing cold air directly into the intakes of the miner)
However this did not correct the problem.  So I added a large exhaust fan.
The miner then ran for about 3 hours then shut down.
I checked the power, cords, checked the pin bridge inside the miner on the psu.  Nothing.

I though I would see if the PSU was bad.  So I pulled the PSU out of my working miner.  Swapping the dead PSU out of the miner that was shutting down due to over heating.
I also swapped out the fan from my good miner (figured if would give it the best chance to work).  I then ran the miner that had been shutting down due to over heating for 24 hours no problems.
(so I need a new PSU, and a fan).  the I put the parts back into the miner that worked fine from the start and it is running great now!

Miner # 3

DOA out of the box.
the hash boards do not line up with the board in the case!!!!!!!!!
I need to know where to send it back to for a replacement.

I have emailed several times and have not heard one peep since I emailed about the DOA miner.  I had been working with them on the miner with the broken fan blades.  They wanted me to see what I could do on my end.  I understand that as shipping alone for a broken fan is crazy from China.

So I currently have a 66% failure rate from them on the S2's.  I have bought 13 S1's from them and have a 100% working rate on those.  I am hoping someone can help figure out who to talk to, or maybe someone from Bitmaintech will contact me here!

I do like the one that works great!  I like the plug and very easy setup.
Just need some customer service here!

I did order three more S2's before I opened the box on the 3rd S2.  I probably would have at least waited to order.

Jerry

did you contact info@bitmaintech.com ?
bellgarath1 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:11:21 AM

OH yes I did not get a response however until I made my post on here.

They look closer here then to there inbox I think.

Jerry
bellgarath1 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:12:55 AM

i had an issue with a dead PSU and dead hash board and they were very quick to help send replacements after i shipped them the dead parts

I have asked over and over again where can I ship the miner back to and they just ask me to work through it as best I can.
And today they asked for screen shots of a miner that has never worked!

Jerry
Trademan1

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:38:52 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 08:53:16 AM by Trademan1

I have asked over and over again where can I ship the miner back to and they just ask me to work through it as best I can.
And today they asked for screen shots of a miner that has never worked!

Jerry
I think that pretty much sums up the give a fuck attitude of Bitmain at the moment.
Unless your buying they don't want to know about it, or at least that's how it seems.

Just had a look at what is assumed to be Bitmains purchase wallet address, lots of very interesting BTC movements over the last couple of days. The quantity of BTC moving around in this account and the linked accounts is mind boggling.

https://blockchain.info/address/1QB8Ds5KbGYBLQa5RyDQ2sVUeSKWf7qgkZ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: