Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:57:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who else is getting the .jar email spam?  (Read 1214 times)
Maidak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:02:01 PM

I was warned by x-hash not to open these emails the other day and it seems ever since this warning i've been spammed like no other with these. Did x-hash's customer email database get leaked or something?

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:50:47 PM

I think it's safe to say that common sense should be used when receiving attachments from either an unknown sender, or a known sender with no prior announcement - at the very least.

I'm not associated with x-hash, but since entering cryptocurrency I've been especially apprehensive about handling attachments on machine(s) that I use for any crypto-related functions.

Maidak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:21:09 AM

I think it's safe to say that common sense should be used when receiving attachments from either an unknown sender, or a known sender with no prior announcement - at the very least.

I'm not associated with x-hash, but since entering cryptocurrency I've been especially apprehensive about handling attachments on machine(s) that I use for any crypto-related functions.

Of course I am just wondering where my email was leaked. Its only been recent i've been receiving these emails almost on a daily basis now.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ff678

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:17:14 AM

I got at least 10 .jar emails within these week ,they are coming from different sites: btc-e,zoomhash,blockchain,x-hash,minereu,zeusminer,wemineltc,bitmaintech,bitpay.... Angry
The most creepy thing is I don't even heard some of these names!!why and how they get my address Huh  Huh

Is there any one who know how to stop receiving such kind of email??And how should I defend myself?

I am new here ,any experience will be very helpful,thx!!!
RedDiamond

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:39:22 AM

Could you list the content one of these jar-files? Just save the attachment and then open it with WinRar.
Or if you have JDK installed give command

jar tf filename.jar

in command prompt.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:51:56 AM

Of course I am just wondering where my email was leaked. Its only been recent i've been receiving these emails almost on a daily basis now.

That's a fair point. The only thing that you can do is research into whether any of the sites that you use that email address on have been compromised. Of course, this topic is a bid to check x-hash, but it might be worth Googling whether any other sites you use it on have announced that they have been compromised. Reddit might be useful too.

ff678

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:46:50 AM

That's a fair point. The only thing that you can do is research into whether any of the sites that you use that email address on have been compromised. Of course, this topic is a bid to check x-hash, but it might be worth Googling whether any other sites you use it on have announced that they have been compromised. Reddit might be useful too.

I never heard or used xhash before,they seems brand new in here,no background and no reference to back up.
EU and GAW looks much better.
I heard of OpenSSL "effort" Vulnerability,is this the source of all these?
http://safeweb.norton.com/heartbleed
I check with minereu and gawminer,it seems that https://minereu.com/ The existence of this vulnerability
didn't get any information about GAW.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: