Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:32:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-07-14] The Telegraph: BIS chief fears fresh Lehman from worldwide debt sur  (Read 6407 times)
Bitcopia (OP)

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:17:09 AM

"Jaime Caruana says investors are ignoring prospect of higher interest rates in the hunt for returns."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/markets/10965052/Bank-for-International-Settlements-fears-fresh-Lehman-crisis-from-worldwide-debt-surge.html
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcopia (OP)

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:21:49 AM

How do you think Bitcoin would hold up if there is to be another, and probably larger, global economic recession or depression?

Some folks on this forum think that financial meltdown is the golden goose for Bitcoin, however, I don't believe this is true or wish it on the poor innocent people that will be adversely affected from it. I think Bitcoin needs a much smoother transition into the mainstream, and I think we need at least a few more years of infrastructure development.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:30:30 AM

How do you think Bitcoin would hold up if there is to be another, and probably larger, global economic recession or depression?

Some folks on this forum think that financial meltdown is the golden goose for Bitcoin, however, I don't believe this is true or wish it on the poor innocent people that will be adversely affected from it. I think Bitcoin needs a much smoother transition into the mainstream, and I think we need at least a few more years of infrastructure development.

It is a race against time. If bit coin is ready it would be a natural choice for people to preserve their wealth. If it happens before the infrastructure is in place it could get rather chaotic. We would need not only reliable and quick ways to exchange it but a robust payment processing system. These things are happening as we speak. Hopefully it is in place before the next big crisis. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: