Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:16:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which of the following 6 new California states do you think suit your needs/wants?
Jefferson
North California
Silicon Valley
Central California
West California
South California

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which of the 6 new states would you move to if given a choice?  (Read 2484 times)
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:41:05 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/07/15/six-californias-tim-draper/12661161/

The six carved out states would look like this:

- Jefferson: The northern part of the state, including Humboldt and Mendocino counties.
- North California: The wine country counties of Sonoma and Napa, as well as the Sierra Nevada region.
- Silicon Valley: Including San Francisco, San Jose and most of what's considered the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Central California: The vast central valley farm region, including Tulare and Fresno counties.
- West California: Including Santa Barbara and Los Angeles.
- South California: Including what's called the Inland Empire of San Bernadino and Riverside, plus San Diego.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:46:25 AM

- Silicon Valley: Including San Francisco, San Jose and most of what's considered the San Francisco Bay Area.

What a bizarre proposition that will never ever happen. Smiley

Weird that they refer to the Bay Area as "Silicon Valley". That's some new school visionary crap that will never happen. Anyway, I love the Bay, consider it my home. So I choose that. Smiley

Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:53:56 AM

What a bizarre proposition that will never ever happen. Smiley

Weird that they refer to the Bay Area as "Silicon Valley". That's some new school visionary crap that will never happen. Anyway, I love the Bay, consider it my home. So I choose that. Smiley

Ahh the 6 CA's thing.  Because the liberal CEOs in Silicon Valley are tired of being taxed for the social programs that they support  Cheesy

I'm in West Ca right now and I would move down to SD.  LA is going to shit with a horrible mayor and horrible traffic and insane taxes and utility rates.  SD looks a lot nicer.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:22:55 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/15/california-billionaire-claims-juice-to-put-scheme-to-carve-out-six-states-on/

Timothy Draper, a venture capitalist founder of a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm that has invested in such tech companies as Twitter, HotMail, Skype and Tesla, told Reuters he has the 808,000 signatures needed on a petition to force the measure onto a public referendum in November 2016. Under the far-fetched plan, one state would be called "Silicon Valley" and would include the tech mecca, as well as San Francisco.

"California needs a reboot," Draper, who has spent $4.9 million of his own money on the effort, said in a press release. "Six Californias is our opportunity to solve the many problems we face today. ... Six states that are more representative and accountable. Six states that embrace innovation and strive to improve the lives of residents."

I wonder, what are the chances of getting this Draper dude into Bitcoin? Do you thing he'll make a good fit and all? Then again, a person of his stature probably wouldn't want any heat from the FBI, et al, thus don't spend too much time trying to convince him about the merits of Bitcoin. The last thing we want is to have such a dude thinking that bitcoins are mainly used for illegal activities on the internet, i.e. purchasing drugs, and we surely don't want them to think that.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:59:36 PM

I'm in LA right now. Happy to move up north. Don't let anyone fool you, Los Angeles is a total pit of a place....
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:00:56 PM

I would have to see the politics of each; as of right now Cali as a whole is not a very good option to move to, it's over-regulated and the wealth disparities are wild.  If you don't have business there, it should be avoided: http://freedominthe50states.org/overall/california

But who knows, maybe a few of the individual states will loosen up its government grip.  I have my doubts but I suppose nothing is impossible.

shkiser

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:53:47 PM

Ive always wanted to visit CA. Would def choose Norcal..

Free Litecoin Faucet ---> http://ltc4you.com/?r=6840
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:23:20 PM

Silicon Valley, because is the only subdivision of California that I have some informations about.
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 08:19:34 AM

I'd like to see the split happen.

I'd also like to invest in flag manufacturers before it happens, because the new states will force everyone to get new flags with more stars. Grin
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:22:18 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/15/california-billionaire-claims-juice-to-put-scheme-to-carve-out-six-states-on/

Timothy Draper, a venture capitalist founder of a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm that has invested in such tech companies as Twitter, HotMail, Skype and Tesla, told Reuters he has the 808,000 signatures needed on a petition to force the measure onto a public referendum in November 2016. Under the far-fetched plan, one state would be called "Silicon Valley" and would include the tech mecca, as well as San Francisco.

"California needs a reboot," Draper, who has spent $4.9 million of his own money on the effort, said in a press release. "Six Californias is our opportunity to solve the many problems we face today. ... Six states that are more representative and accountable. Six states that embrace innovation and strive to improve the lives of residents."

I wonder, what are the chances of getting this Draper dude into Bitcoin? Do you thing he'll make a good fit and all? Then again, a person of his stature probably wouldn't want any heat from the FBI, et al, thus don't spend too much time trying to convince him about the merits of Bitcoin. The last thing we want is to have such a dude thinking that bitcoins are mainly used for illegal activities on the internet, i.e. purchasing drugs, and we surely don't want them to think that.

Either uninformed or one of the most excellent trollings I've seen in a long time.
http://www.coindesk.com/tim-draper-revealed-silk-road-bitcoin-auction-winner/
skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 09:25:01 AM

Silicon valley for sure, I've already done the San Diego thing and it wasn't really my thing, there's a lot of bad crap that goes down there that I'm not into cost me a year of my life (I didn't do anything but still)

What else could I say?
ssaillenss

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:39:46 AM

Silicon Valley is nice place hehe i like it Cheesy

Sydboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:47:43 PM

can some one explain in plain english what the goal or purpose of this would be ?
what advantages are their ?
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:25:24 PM

California as the beach boys use to sing "I wish they all could be californian" and also I heard it's way laid back there.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:54:19 AM

Either uninformed or one of the most excellent trollings I've seen in a long time.
http://www.coindesk.com/tim-draper-revealed-silk-road-bitcoin-auction-winner/

Amazing! I wish they quit hiding shit from me on the internet.  Roll Eyes Strange how that article doesn't mention Bitcoin, yet a many politicians in Caliprime - from the top down - are getting on the Bitcoin Band Wagon.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:07:59 AM

There is literally no rhyme or reason for this proposition besides "fresh choice"

Show me how this advances us economically or in some other useful fashion. All I'm seeing is more gridlock with 6 different governments instead of one.
umairbacklink

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:09:19 AM

What is the difference if they split?
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:20:21 AM

One may have to pay a tariff of X BTC to have grapes shipped outta Napa Valley.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:23:58 AM

What would the two-letter abbreviation for South California and North California be given that SC and NC, respectively, has already been allocated?

Plus, Central California would be without a port since it'll be land-locked.
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:11:41 AM

Sili will be it's own state.

Isn't it funny how they don't have any statements from people in California saying they agree with it? Only the people with money?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: