Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:11:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: re:Would you be interested getting around 50 btc and more?  (Read 1853 times)
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 08:05:00 AM

But who is stupid enough to download a random file from a stranger on the internet?

I am sure those who fell for the trick are not stupid in real life, they are just temporally blinded by greed.

not all viruses are detected by your anti-virus

Yes! Sooooo many people think a program is safe because it was reported clean by multiple anti-malware programs. They cannot be more wrong, and it will be too late before they finally realise it.

Just wondering is it possible to include a patch in the malware file so that your anti-virus can't detect the specified virus? Just wondering.

I imagine a wallet stealer malware is essentially a program to read a file and upload/email its contents somewhere. These are extremely normal operations of most applications. I think it would be extremely difficult to detect these wallet stealers in the first place, without blocking other legit software.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 08:08:00 AM

The sad part is even after all the protection you use like anti-virus , firewall, anti-logger you can't feel secure unless you keep it tight and avoid clicking random links , I did same mistake last week and formatted my system still feeling lil insecure about it.

Bitcoinexp

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:20:27 AM

Just wondering is it possible to include a patch in the malware file so that your anti-virus can't detect the specified virus? Just wondering.

I like your thinking
but hardly think so
it would require unauthorized access which is right away considered malicious

Cheesy true true.... but there is another way
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 09:32:37 AM

The sad part is even after all the protection you use like anti-virus , firewall, anti-logger you can't feel secure unless you keep it tight and avoid clicking random links , I did same mistake last week and formatted my system still feeling lil insecure about it.

or simply download Linux and be safe Cheesy
Sadly due to some restriction I have to use Windows , otherwise I prefer Linux too, have it in my other system.

Armed

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:03:12 AM

when you are downloading from random people on skype you should know its fishy.
Funny enough for some reason a lot of people fall for it. I don't understand why but warnings like this one actually seems like it's necessary.

PangPang

Activity: 499

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:59:50 PM

Thanks for the heads up.
Whenever in doubt, don't download the files or at least use a sandbox.

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 07:27:57 PM

Funny enough for some reason a lot of people fall for it. I don't understand why but warnings like this one actually seems like it's necessary.
People fall for this crap all the time, even WITH warnings.

Think about it like this.  If I tell you the universe is filled with hundreds of billions of stars you'll likely believe it.  If I tell you the paint is wet, and there's a sign on the wall that says, "Wet Paint", I bet you touch that paint to see if it really is wet...

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
BitcoinTraders

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:05:37 PM

Yes it's true hackers are really clever and they always could create new malware/virus that none antivirus will detect!
They'll get detected but not instant, only after some weeks...
Lieji

Activity: 543

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:13:36 AM

People fall for this crap all the time, even WITH warnings.

Think about it like this.  If I tell you the universe is filled with hundreds of billions of stars you'll likely believe it.  If I tell you the paint is wet, and there's a sign on the wall that says, "Wet Paint", I bet you touch that paint to see if it really is wet...

That is an interesting analogy lol.
But I agree that some people are just too careless and gullible, and they will fall for a scam sooner or later...

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 07:12:00 AM

Just want to clarify the system requirements for the malware.

Let me guess. The malware requires Microsoft Windows in order for it to be able to steal your coins.

no idea. probably.  i havent actually seen
the malware , but we saw a poster describe
this very scenario a few days ago.

just saying, be very careful when someone here
wants to skype you for any reason!

I think this [1] thread should be read. It is a very fine example of the "yo test my wallet over skype"-scam and how to reveal the scammer. Just note unless you have a machine that never had a wallet or any other connection to bitcoin dont even try this.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650992.0;all

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Lieji

Activity: 543

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:22:07 AM

I think this [1] thread should be read. It is a very fine example of the "yo test my wallet over skype"-scam and how to reveal the scammer. Just note unless you have a machine that never had a wallet or any other connection to bitcoin dont even try this.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650992.0;all

Thanks for the link. I haven't read it before, and I can't stop laughing while reading that chat log in post #27. Smiley

Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:28:30 PM

If ever in doubt about a program run it in a virtual environment which will help with security.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
ezreal

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:38:26 PM

so did anyone fall for this scam?
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:44:25 PM

so did anyone fall for this scam?

yes someone did last week but i dont have the link

ezreal

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:45:37 PM

theres so many scams on this site, is there a thread of the latest ones like this?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: