Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:35:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How these difficult to remember public & private keys wont be an issue in future  (Read 987 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:57:39 PM

Any way we are going wearable tech in coming years, so google glass or contact lens which will scan the qr codes on the fly as we walk..

So we need not worry about remembering these long keys.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3231

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:00:57 PM

I don't think many people remember them right now.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 10:22:01 PM

Never had to remember an address ever, but your right - QR codes will just make things easier.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:52:34 PM

I really do wonder whether we'll stick employ QR codes. Few people use them today and their usefulness is actually pretty limited in the regular applications. When it comes to bitcoin, though they - at least - provide an actual advatage: machine-readable complicated addresses.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:07:02 PM

Few people use them today and their usefulness is actually pretty limited in the regular applications.

are you sure??
hang on, let me pull a few examples out of my pocket that show QR code usage is bigger then you think

need me to continue?

ok just a couple more

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
gridsad

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:11:11 PM

QR code printing is big.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:16:31 PM

QR code printing is big.

although QR codes have been around for a long time. (mostly used for parcel delivery companies) it is only in the last couple years that it has entered the marketting industry, allowing for businesses to get people to visit their website with one click of their smart phones.

and its growing. qr codes is showing more uses. so dont think QR codes are dead, or that people dont understand them..

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:08:48 AM

Few people use them today and their usefulness is actually pretty limited in the regular applications.

are you sure??
hang on, let me pull a few examples out of my pocket that show QR code usage is bigger then you think

need me to continue?

Yes, everybody and their mother is printing QR codes on their products, but how many people actually use them? I barely see people scanning those codes and I believe the industry is also rather disappointed in the acceptance of the codes. In most cases they just don't offer any increased value. In let's say 98% of the time they're merely just a plain old boring web address in a machine-readable format!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Kayex

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:14:27 AM

QR codes are becoming more big.
Google Glass implementation would be big however.

Google Glass has a feature to identify google glass no?
I recall watching shark tank and a guy came up a way of putting QR code identification in it.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:22:22 AM

are you sure??

need me to continue?

Yes, everybody and their mother is printing QR codes on their products, but how many people actually use them? I barely see people scanning those codes and I believe the industry is also rather disappointed in the acceptance of the codes. In most cases they just don't offer any increased value. In let's say 98% of the time they're merely just a plain old boring web address in a machine-readable format!

when you go to mcdonalds, people do scan the qr code, just out of interest, but the next visit to mcdonalds THEY DONT NEED TO scan it bcause they already know the result. you would be surprised by the stats. that merchants have seen an increase of website hits du to QR codes rather the the printed website address.  so unless you can show me some statistics to prove me wrong, i will just say that your opinion that the industry is disapointed is just your opinion.

yes 98% of purchased dont result in a qr code scan, but as i said before people that buy the product multiple times dont revisit the website mutliple times. and the industry knows it. they are happy with the uplift of traffic they do get though, even if people dont visit the site every time. as thats unnecessary.

QR codes are now growing past just linking websites, they are doing alot more things which you have not sen yet..

music bands are not just linking their fan page, their linking their itunes store page, their twitter, their lyrics and youtube channels.
competitions are linking discount codes, special offers etc
movie theatres are linking ticket stub reference numbers so all you have to do is show the reference on your phone to the ticket guy at the movies, after buying the ticket online.
parking zones are showing qr codes so people can use their phone apps to pay by phone to park without having to try deciphering what parking bay/zone they are in.
the list goes on..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: