Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:40:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🌟Casascius coins🌟🌟🌟 TRADES!!!  (Read 9732 times)
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 08:08:18 PM

Truly amazing coins!

I just wanted to give a shout-out that I have just released a complete eBook guide on Casascius coins, that is yours for free at www.coinfirm.org

enjoy!

Great document, great work!

Quick question, if I'm reading your notes correctly if a 2011 1 BTC coin was funded in 2012 you're counting that as a 2012 1 BTC coin? I'm referring to the "*Numbers refer to..." note on page 7 of the PDF.

Thanks!

djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:20:46 PM

Truly amazing coins!

I just wanted to give a shout-out that I have just released a complete eBook guide on Casascius coins, that is yours for free at www.coinfirm.org

enjoy!

Awesome job.  If you havent already, you should give this its own dedicated post.  This could definitely be an official reference guide.

FYI...another user recently did a similar research.  You may wish to check out http://www.spotcoins.com/bitcoin/casascius and cross-check that you both came up with similar information.  One interesting thing is he found there were less than 700 Gold Silver 1 BTC coins made based on the addresses he found.

I guess that means Mike has a stack of them (gold/silvers) unfunded in his basement?
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1383
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 10:52:27 PM

This is a really good start to something that could become the encyclopedia of bitcoins! May I ask how you got your data?

Thankyou! It is my goal to make the website the undisputed source for info regarding physical coins. I got a large portion of the circulation data napalm's Bitcoin Analyzer which I have linked in the book. Other info came from around the web, people posting dimensions of the coins on threads, the Casascius blog, measuring and weighing my own coins, and sending requests to some people holding certain coins to get measurements.
The 'highest grade' is simply the highest I could find with a quick Google search (and we can assume those getting the best grades would brag a little online)

Awesome job.  If you havent already, you should give this its own dedicated post.  This could definitely be an official reference guide.

FYI...another user recently did a similar research.  You may wish to check out http://www.spotcoins.com/bitcoin/casascius and cross-check that you both came up with similar information.  One interesting thing is he found there were less than 700 Gold Silver 1 BTC coins made based on the addresses he found.

the thread is found here; but It's not getting much attention Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700021.msg7909325#msg7909325

Thanks for showing me Spotcoins; I was not aware of that research. Interesting point on the 1btc coins; I simply went with mikes statement that he converted 700 coins into those.

Quick question, if I'm reading your notes correctly if a 2011 1 BTC coin was funded in 2012 you're counting that as a 2012 1 BTC coin? I'm referring to the "*Numbers refer to..." note on page 7 of the PDF.

Thanks!
For this book, I decided to count each physically different coin as an 'individual. That means that if 2011 marked S2 brass coins were founded in both 2011 and 2012, they still count as the 'same coin;, though the year they were respectively funded is shown if known.

Due to the info sources I have, I cannot distinguish between brass coins marked 2011, 2012, and 2013; I can only know the hologram version and date of loading. These numbers therefore assume that no 2011 s2's were founded in 2012, and so fourth, even though Mike is known to have done so with many of his other coins. I will be looking to get more accurate figures for when the 'BIG BOOK' comes out; doing this for EVERY crypto themed coin produced by anyone ever. This book will be essentially 1 (large) chapter in it.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:42:44 PM

Dem shure is purdy!  Can't wait to be able to afford one of these puppies someday!

Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 04:54:03 AM

"1.0 BTC Brass, Series 2......TOTAL ACTIVE = 434"

http://www.spotcoins.com/bitcoin/casascius

This makes the 2011 S2 Brass extremely rare!!!

My 2011 S2 Brass are funded in 2011 and I am the ONLY one I know that has a graded MS-65 for sale.

According to Eliante's www.coinfirm.org the highest known grade for this coin is a MS-64  Cool

OPEN TO OFFERS!!!!

Hey, good work, you found my source!

I think the creator of the spotcoins source is also working to validate his numbers as they differ some from Elianite's. Between the two we should all have a good listing the real mintage counts across all Casascius coin varieties.

Good luck with your sale.

justbtcme (OP)

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:29:31 PM

New pictures!!
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:44:42 PM

How much for MS65 or MS66 gold silver 1BTC coin?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
justbtcme (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:52:19 PM

How much for MS65 or MS66 gold silver 1BTC coin?

Shoot me an offer.
justbtcme (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:46:53 AM

Updated asking prices based on offers and interest. Not in any hurry to sell.
justbtcme (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:25:07 PM

Bumpers
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 06:59:29 PM

The redeemed coins are actually MS-60 for all 5 coins. Most redeemed coins I see are AU-58, AU-59, anyone know what is AU? I know MS is MINT STATE, correct me if i'm wrong.

PICTURES SOON!

"AU" means Almost Uncirculated.

justbtcme (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:00:38 PM

The redeemed coins are actually MS-60 for all 5 coins. Most redeemed coins I see are AU-58, AU-59, anyone know what is AU? I know MS is MINT STATE, correct me if i'm wrong.

PICTURES SOON!

"AU" means Almost Uncirculated.

Dude, you are all over these Casascius coin posts, when are you going to make an offer?  Roll Eyes
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 07:06:41 PM

I'm surprised you're willing to part with your 2011 S2 for such a low price - BTC2.50 for a coin with fewer than 500 active!?!

Someone's going to end up with a great deal!

justbtcme (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:50:46 PM

I'm surprised you're willing to part with your 2011 S2 for such a low price - BTC2.50 for a coin with fewer than 500 active!?!

Someone's going to end up with a great deal!

I got one with your name on it  Grin
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 10:23:35 PM

Ah, thanks for the offer! But mine is already on its way to me, I should have it by Friday!

That said, maybe it will be one of a handful in the future but I need to save some more coin before I can make that a reality.

justbtcme (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:31:19 PM

Ah, thanks for the offer! But mine is already on its way to me, I should have it by Friday!

That said, maybe it will be one of a handful in the future but I need to save some more coin before I can make that a reality.

That's exciting news! What grade did it get? I would love to see pictures of your collection.
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 11:19:51 PM

That's exciting news! What grade did it get? I would love to see pictures of your collection.

It's not graded but I'll share some pics once I have it in hand.

The good news is that it's First Funded (funded on the 2nd day) in Nov. 2011.

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:22:24 PM

This is a really good start to something that could become the encyclopedia of bitcoins! May I ask how you got your data?

Thankyou! It is my goal to make the website the undisputed source for info regarding physical coins. I got a large portion of the circulation data napalm's Bitcoin Analyzer which I have linked in the book. Other info came from around the web, people posting dimensions of the coins on threads, the Casascius blog, measuring and weighing my own coins, and sending requests to some people holding certain coins to get measurements.
The 'highest grade' is simply the highest I could find with a quick Google search (and we can assume those getting the best grades would brag a little online)

the thread is found here; but It's not getting much attention Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700021.msg7909325#msg7909325

Thanks for showing me Spotcoins; I was not aware of that research. Interesting point on the 1btc coins; I simply went with mikes statement that he converted 700 coins into those.

Thanks!
For this book, I decided to count each physically different coin as an 'individual. That means that if 2011 marked S2 brass coins were founded in both 2011 and 2012, they still count as the 'same coin;, though the year they were respectively funded is shown if known.

Due to the info sources I have, I cannot distinguish between brass coins marked 2011, 2012, and 2013; I can only know the hologram version and date of loading. These numbers therefore assume that no 2011 s2's were founded in 2012, and so fourth, even though Mike is known to have done so with many of his other coins. I will be looking to get more accurate figures for when the 'BIG BOOK' comes out; doing this for EVERY crypto themed coin produced by anyone ever. This book will be essentially 1 (large) chapter in it.

Checked out coinfirm. Good stuff! Funny, I just launched http://www.spotcoins.com/bitcoin/casascius a few days ago. I love that these coins are getting some proper documentation, highlighting their collectibility and numismatic appeal. I took a similar approach you did with regard to variety; I grouped coins with identical physical characteristics or distinct year, into separate "varieties". So a 5 BTC Series-1 is distinct from a 5 BTC Series-2 coin, the silver and gold trim 1BTCs are distinct, the 2011 1-btc Series-1 is distinct from the 2011 1-btc Series-2, etc...

A couple notes about the data on SpotCoins: To categorize addresses, I wrote a bunch of code to parse the blockchain against Mike's publicly released address data. I was able to resolve *most* issues, but still have a couple smart (hopefully) assumptions that I'd like direct verification from Mike about before considering fully authoritative. The breakdown of 2011-dated Series-2 coins is one such area requiring verification.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
justbtcme (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:04:47 PM

+1
justbtcme (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:00:17 PM

+1 New Pictures