Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:57:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USB HUB HELP!  (Read 1071 times)
sandylee107 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:52:55 AM

Hello, Can anyone tell me, in simple language how to run 2 powered hub. How do I connect them so they all mine the same pool? Total newbie! Just got a 10 port powered hub and have a 13 port powered hub on the way. Got a good deal. Will be running U2 Antminers. I keep reading but I can't find any details for stupid little old ladies. Can someone please help ! ? ! Thanks ! God Bless and Best Wishes.......Sandy
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:28:36 AM

Hello, Can anyone tell me, in simple language how to run 2 powered hub. How do I connect them so they all mine the same pool? Total newbie! Just got a 10 port powered hub and have a 13 port powered hub on the way. Got a good deal. Will be running U2 Antminers. I keep reading but I can't find any details for stupid little old ladies. Can someone please help ! ? ! Thanks ! God Bless and Best Wishes.......Sandy

I suggest reading some guides for mining with usb.  Also look into hubs for mining, it takes a certain amount of power for USB miners not all hubs mine the amount of ports.  It takes a certain amount of power per USB miner (varies depending on miner).
sandylee107 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:22:32 PM

Thanks! I realize that they all don't have enough power and since I am using antminers U2 i can only use every other port. My hubs are 5V/4a so I have the power but I don't know how to hook up more than 1. Can anyone tell me how to hook up 2 hubs. Thanks!
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:00:40 AM

the best way is give each one a dedicated usb port on the computer. if its not possible then simply plug them into each other unitl you find the most stable way for them to work. if you do this id reccomend using the port closest to the power jack so the 2hub gets the power it needs to have a stable communication to the 1st

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: