Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:36:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Drones can 'get you' in more than one way!  (Read 1482 times)
umair127 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:41:43 PM

Private eyes using drones to catch cheating spouses

Investigators are taking drones to new heights — using the remote-controlled aircraft to catch New Yorkers cheating on spouses, lying about disabilities and endangering their kids.

“People want you to believe there’s all this negativity associated with drones . . . but they could be a very helpful tool,” said Olwyn Triggs, a gumshoe for 23 years and president of Professional Investigators Network Inc. in Glen Cove, LI. Triggs recently used a drone to find an upstate man suspected of insurance fraud. Signs on his rural property warned that trespassers would be shot, so she sent in her 2-pound, foot-long Phantom 2 Vision quadcopter, which costs about $1,000. “He was supposedly fully disabled,” she said. “We knew he was active but couldn’t prove it because of the layout of the property. I couldn’t risk being shot.” So, as a drone hovered above, snapping images of the man chopping wood, Triggs manned the controls from behind a vehicle about 1,000 feet away.

PIs are also using drones to catch cheating spouses. Matthew Seifer recently pretended to test-fly a drone in Central Park. He was actually recording a husband fooling around with a female coworker from 100 feet away. “Sometimes the best thing is to be right there in plain sight,” said Seifer, president of Long Island- based Executive Investigations.“We had to get in and get out real quick,” he added. “We deployed a drone for eight minutes and got five minutes’ worth of video. That was the closure our client was looking for.”

In another recent case, Seifer was having trouble tailing a fast-driving Long Island doctor suspected of hanky-panky. So the PI parked behind a steakhouse where the doc had taken a lover. “We raised the drone above the restaurant, [and] he was engaged in a sexual act in the front seat of his car,” the investigator said.

“Clients are amazed,” Seifer said. “The drones are a game changer.”

http://nypost.com/2014/07/13/private-eyes-using-drones-to-nab-scammers-cheating-spouses/

Insect drones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJv4O2zEOw

If you're up to some hanky-panky better keep your eyes on the sky. I suspect its harder to get away with anything these days what with all the cameras and drones flying around looking for evidence or just spying for the hell of it. I recently saw a video [see link] about the military creating insect drones. They are hard to differentiate from the real insect. No doubt in the future these miniature drones will be of considerable use for the military and police but the threat of the government using them to illegally spy on citizens will be present as well. Is all this a good idea or should laws exist to control the uses of these things? Once the cat is out of the bag its hard getting it back in. What do you think?

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 12:56:12 PM

It's kinda interesting.  I haven't got too many flying drones in my country.  All of them are handled by civilians and army is not yet using this freaking technology.

I think that there is always something bad in a good things.
I think drones are very cool as I love gadgets which are radio controlled.
And can handle a camera to the sky for YouTubers :-)

In a same way military drones are freaking me out ... but this is the future and soon many military vehicles will no need a human inside of it to steer.

This is scary ... but we won't stop it.  He must learn to deal with it.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:06:51 PM

I wonder how long it will be before people start pulling their guns out and shooting down the drones? These gun-nuts feel threaten by weather balloons.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 02:25:45 PM

I wonder how long it will be before people start pulling their guns out and shooting down the drones? These gun-nuts feel threaten by weather balloons.
Haha.  I am sure that it will happen one day. If the drone will get too close to me it will get a punch too :-)
But like I told before  atm I don't see any flying rigs around :-)
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:26:44 PM

Haha.  I am sure that it will happen one day. If the drone will get too close to me it will get a punch too :-)

I will shoot a drone over my property in a heartbeat "IF" I see it, and it is within range.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 02:28:58 PM

Haha.  I am sure that it will happen one day. If the drone will get too close to me it will get a punch too :-)
But like I told before  atm I don't see any flying rigs around :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP33crds1tI

I also think I just realised how to make the American army waste all their ammunition if they ever invade us.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:31:37 PM

I'm waiting for the time when some drone will get my pizza in time while still being hot. Smiley
People should also think on the positive ways these things can be used.

PS.
Of course i'll be paying with btc for that pizza Smiley.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
sana8410

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:34:25 PM

I will shoot a drone over my property in a heartbeat "IF" I see it, and it is within range.
....and I have no doubt umair you would shoot some poor man knocking on your door asking for a glass of water! lol

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:38:00 PM

I'm waiting for the time when some drone will get my pizza in time while still being hot. Smiley
People should also think on the positive ways these things can be used.

PS.
Of course i'll be paying with btc for that pizza Smiley.
i already pay btc for my pizza, but only in restaurant ,but having your pizza being delivered by drones...that i would love to see, plus no more tips......

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:43:58 PM

I think drones are another piece of technology that could come back and bite us in the Ass.  Who will be using these drones and just how much legal weight will the pictures from them have.  If they are flying over my  place and spy on me isn't that taking away my privacy rights.  Where will this go.  Good or bad what do you think..

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:45:40 PM

Private eyes using drones to catch cheating spouses

Investigators are taking drones to new heights — using the remote-controlled aircraft to catch New Yorkers cheating on spouses, lying about disabilities and endangering their kids.

“People want you to believe there’s all this negativity associated with drones . . . but they could be a very helpful tool,” said Olwyn Triggs, a gumshoe for 23 years and president of Professional Investigators Network Inc. in Glen Cove, LI. Triggs recently used a drone to find an upstate man suspected of insurance fraud. Signs on his rural property warned that trespassers would be shot, so she sent in her 2-pound, foot-long Phantom 2 Vision quadcopter, which costs about $1,000. “He was supposedly fully disabled,” she said. “We knew he was active but couldn’t prove it because of the layout of the property. I couldn’t risk being shot.” So, as a drone hovered above, snapping images of the man chopping wood, Triggs manned the controls from behind a vehicle about 1,000 feet away.

PIs are also using drones to catch cheating spouses. Matthew Seifer recently pretended to test-fly a drone in Central Park. He was actually recording a husband fooling around with a female coworker from 100 feet away. “Sometimes the best thing is to be right there in plain sight,” said Seifer, president of Long Island- based Executive Investigations.“We had to get in and get out real quick,” he added. “We deployed a drone for eight minutes and got five minutes’ worth of video. That was the closure our client was looking for.”

In another recent case, Seifer was having trouble tailing a fast-driving Long Island doctor suspected of hanky-panky. So the PI parked behind a steakhouse where the doc had taken a lover. “We raised the drone above the restaurant, [and] he was engaged in a sexual act in the front seat of his car,” the investigator said.

“Clients are amazed,” Seifer said. “The drones are a game changer.”

http://nypost.com/2014/07/13/private-eyes-using-drones-to-nab-scammers-cheating-spouses/

Insect drones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJv4O2zEOw

If you're up to some hanky-panky better keep your eyes on the sky. I suspect its harder to get away with anything these days what with all the cameras and drones flying around looking for evidence or just spying for the hell of it. I recently saw a video [see link] about the military creating insect drones. They are hard to differentiate from the real insect. No doubt in the future these miniature drones will be of considerable use for the military and police but the threat of the government using them to illegally spy on citizens will be present as well. Is all this a good idea or should laws exist to control the uses of these things? Once the cat is out of the bag its hard getting it back in. What do you think?
There needs to be some legal constraints on what can be done with a drone. I am not totally against them, but I think there needs to be some legislation on them.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:51:59 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 03:12:00 PM by RodeoX

Great, then I'm building a drone to spy on the government!  Wink

Countermeasures:

http://www.instructables.com/id/RF-Jammer/
Something like this for your rooftop.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/tactical/shotguns/model-870-express-tactical-magpul-fde.aspx
This is your Ak-ak.

http://www.net-gun.com/
Or maybe you could catch one?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:56:05 PM

I can see the day when the skies will be thick with drones.Amazon is already working on using drones to deliver packages.
That said I do think that there should be some legal limitations on drones spying on people who are on private property.

umair127 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:37:58 PM

....and I have no doubt umair you would shoot some poor man knocking on your door asking for a glass of water! lol
Not unless he had killed our outdoor dogs, and "IF" he had NOT, we would know he was coming before he arrived. I have never shot at a plane flying over my property, however, an uninvited drone is burned toast.

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 03:38:37 PM

Haha.  I am sure that it will happen one day. If the drone will get too close to me it will get a punch too :-)
But like I told before  atm I don't see any flying rigs around :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP33crds1tI

I also think I just realised how to make the American army waste all their ammunition if they ever invade us.

Send 10000 drones to the military area and wait few hours Cheesy then you can takeover whole area with no bulletproof vest Smiley

sana8410

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:39:30 PM

Not unless he had killed our outdoor dogs, and "IF" he had NOT, we would know he was coming before he arrived. I have never shot at a plane flying over my property, however, an uninvited drone is burned toast.
Good policy Umair.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:39:44 PM

And that is because you can't shot an airplane but you can shot a drone.
You seem to act like a 8yo bully.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 03:54:41 PM

Yeah can't really see drones as being a good thing, I doubt the general public will be allowed to use them without a license.

niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:02:05 PM

Yeah can't really see drones as being a good thing, I doubt the general public will be allowed to use them without a license.

Why not?
Having a drone deliver packages and reducing traffic in the streets not to mention delays in delivery?
You have a flat tire , no spare and you can call a drone service to deliver you a spare rather than waiting for hours for a free mechanic? Or anything else than you run out of or broke down?
Rather than spending hours each day walking around inspecting your farm and its fence you can send a drone to do that and you check the videos back home ?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 04:05:37 PM

Why not?
Having a drone deliver packages and reducing traffic in the streets not to mention delays in delivery?
You have a flat tire , no spare and you can call a drone service to deliver you a spare rather than waiting for hours for a free mechanic? Or anything else than you run out of or broke down?
Rather than spending hours each day walking around inspecting your farm and its fence you can send a drone to do that and you check the videos back home ?
Sure there are lots of positive reasons for drones but like most technology I can only see them being used against us eventually. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: