Bitcoin Forum
September 12, 2024, 09:18:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is far from decentralized!  (Read 1680 times)
Bitcoinbikers (OP)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Now that's a can do attitude!

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 01:14:31 PM

Bitcoin is a registered trademark owned by mtgox/mark kerpeles. SO that means that company owns the rights to bitcoin, I couldn't even register a new gTLD domain with just "bitcoin" as they where all claimed by these scum bags and they got away with it as it is there registered trademark.

This is not for the people by the people, you are all brainwashed into thinking some random dude just made this currency and that its not controlled by anyone! I bet mtgox had everything to do with making bitcoin. That is why we don't know whom the original creator actually is because if you knew, you wouldn't use bitcoin!

1D6p2j56E4sTsjC7raahVm8HVEmWHMFFma
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:20:39 PM

Bitcoin is a registered trademark owned by mtgox/mark kerpeles. SO that means that company owns the rights to bitcoin, I couldn't even register a new gTLD domain with just "bitcoin" as they where all claimed by these scum bags and they got away with it as it is there registered trademark.

This is not for the people by the people, you are all brainwashed into thinking some random dude just made this currency and that its not controlled by anyone! I bet mtgox had everything to do with making bitcoin. That is why we don't know whom the original creator actually is because if you knew, you wouldn't use bitcoin!

Trademarking a word is something anyone could have done. That does not give the trademark owner any more control over the network than you have. Bitcoin is a math program and does not listen to anyone.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:17:09 PM

Trademarking a word is something anyone could have done. That does not give the trademark owner any more control over the network than you have. Bitcoin is a math program and does not listen to anyone.
Plus Bitcoin was invented before Bitcoin said trademark was filed, so it is kind of invalidated. The only person who MAY have rights is Satoshi Nakamoto, and so far he/they haven't come to claim them.

You can't copyright the cryptocurrency idea, the best you could do is patent a mining style (Such as but not including PoW or PoS) but there would't be much you could get in return from trademarking it. Plus people could copy it, they'd just have to modify 30% of the code, depending on where you live.

Mt. Gox was originally "magic the gathering online exchange", and had no roots in Bitcoin. They just discovered bitcoin needed an exchange, and as such, they made one.

Lots of people are claiming domains with "Bitcoin" or something related to it in it, it's because they got in on it first and took the domains for themselves. First come, first serve. Just because you didn't get a domain to sell for $1,200 doesn't mean everyone else is a scumbag.

And stop complaining you didn't get in on it at first, when whole Bitcoins were $2. And there have been plenty of threads related to THE MOST LIKELY reasons Satoshi disappeared, and your claim is not one. And it isn't even that plausible.

EDIT: TL;DR It's decentralized and there's evidence proving it is.
Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:19:51 PM

If you want that Bitcoin will be the more money utilized in this world, you have to consider that Bitcoin must be centralized, not decentralized.

ULTIMATE POKER 
█████████████████████████
███████████▀▄▀███████████
█████████▀▄███░██████████
███████▀▄███▀▄█▀▄▀███████
█████▀▄███▀▄█▀▄███▄▀█████
████░███▀▄█▀▄██▀▀███░████
███░██▀▄█▀▄██▀▄██▄▀██░███
███░██▄▀▄██▀▄█▀▄▄▀▄██░███
████▄▀███▀▄█▀█▄▀███▀▄████
██████▄▄▄██░░░██▄▄▄██████
██████████░█░█░██████████
████████▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀████████
█████████████████████████
███████
▄▄█▀███▀█▄▄
▄██▄█▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▄██▄
▄███▀█▀█████████▀█▀███▄
▄███░██████████████░███▄
▀█▄██████▄███▄██████▄█▀
░░██████████████████████
▄█▀█████▀█████▀█████▀█▄
▀███░██████▄█▄██████░███▀
▀█████▄█████████▄█▄███▀
▀██▀█▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄█▀██▀
░░░▀▀█▄███▄█▀▀██▀
██████▄▄░░█████████████████

FREEROLLS & RAKEBACK
  WEEKLY
 LEADERBOARDS
  GTD TOURNAMENTS

Powered by TON

.#1 Poker Room on Telegram.

JOIN NOW  
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:23:14 PM

Who gives a flying fuck about trademarks. If I managed to register a "Gold" trademark, does that suddenly make gold (as in, you know, the actual physical metal) centralized?

you are all brainwashed into thinking some random dude just made this currency and that its not controlled by anyone!
Well, no, we're not "brainwashed" into anything. See, everybody can actually verify and see for themselves how Bitcoin works. Everybody can see how and why Bitcoin is not being controlled by anyone. No need to trust or believe anyone.

That is why we don't know whom the original creator actually is because if you knew, you wouldn't use bitcoin!
Nope. It's because for the way Bitcoin works, it doesn't matter who created it. Regardless of whoever the creator may be, he/she/they don't have any more control over Bitcoin than you or me.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
GrandpasNaked

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:42:36 PM

My view is there are a lot of good people in BTC and a lot of not-good people in BTC, suchas most any aspect of life. I do see a common occurrence and theme lately and am led to believe there's a "can't beat em join em BUT by join them I mean take it over" theme happening. I think that's why there's more and more talk about  things like a "Bankers Day"?!?! AND you will even see heavy hitter media sources post things like this "We asked a group of college students how they would regulate bitcoin"... I'm not paranoid really at all but it doesn't take a genius to scratch his head at news headlines such as the ones mentioned here. Big shout out to the people who are protecting bitcoin like the darksend guys/girls, the BitHalo guys/girls. Those honestly are the best projects happening right now in crypto in my opinion and neither get the attention they deserve...
henryjames1003

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:01:45 PM

So what? Do you think that "trademark" is something meanable? mtgox owns bitcoin as much as I do. or you. or somebody else involved into the system.

Grin
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:47:38 PM

Sorry I thought this was going to be a GigaHash 51% thread.  Trademarking the word doesn't really effect the coin.  Maybe it could effect the marketing of the coin -- maybe -- but I think a key issue is an effort to defend the trademark and that clearly has not happened.
DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:26:47 PM

Sorry I thought this was going to be a GigaHash 51% thread.  Trademarking the word doesn't really effect the coin.  Maybe it could effect the marketing of the coin -- maybe -- but I think a key issue is an effort to defend the trademark and that clearly has not happened.

Exactly. I also believed this would go in the realms of ghash.io bashing or something. Which is a threat we shouldn't just ignore, it may very well become a valid and serious problem. But the trademark claim from our Frappuccino loving friend doesn't come close to that threat.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
vintagetrex

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:29:17 PM

ya bitcoin is awful for the world.  it is a big centralized ponzi scheme.  It is supported only because it provides people another way to cheat at rules they do not support (taxes). 

If you don't like bitcoin, help have the mining network centralized so it will crash. 
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:31:35 PM

Its as decentralized as we are going to get it. Nothing is perfect in this world and that includes bitcoin. Im not too worried about the decentralized issues with bitcoin, its close enough.
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:33:42 PM

I bet mtgox had everything to do with making bitcoin. That is why we don't know whom the original creator actually is because if you knew, you wouldn't use bitcoin!

I really didn't, lol. It was a magic the gathering online card trading platform. I'm failing to see how that's related to bitcoin.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:42:51 PM

Don't be silly Bitcoin would have perished when MTGOX did if this was the case.  If you think this is in anyway a valid point then you must be very new to BTC.  Either that or this a likely attempt at fud.  If Bitcoin wasn't decentralized none of us would be here right now if you ask me.
zhinkk

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:42:32 AM

Don't be silly Bitcoin would have perished when MTGOX did if this was the case.  If you think this is in anyway a valid point then you must be very new to BTC.  Either that or this a likely attempt at fud.  If Bitcoin wasn't decentralized none of us would be here right now if you ask me.

Basically. Also, even if he does own the trademark on "bitcoin", so what? Is the government going to force me to pay my bitcoins away if he desires or something? Lol, good luck with that.
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:16:28 AM

This is a really weak attempt at FUD. At least take the time to understand the bs you are trying to spread.

bitboy11

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:45:45 AM

My answer is simple...
Bitcoin is 100% decentralized.
Final Answer! Grin
zhinkk

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 11:20:01 AM

This is a really weak attempt at FUD. At least take the time to understand the bs you are trying to spread.

I mean, he has a ponzi scheme in his signature. Not much credibility to him.
rocking1805

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:31:07 PM

As it has already been mentioned above bitcoin will have to become centralized if you want it to be the world currency
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:54:00 PM

I can't believe some manchilds former magic the gathering card traders came up with all of this MtGox shit and even registered the Bitcoin name, now Karpeles is chiling on his tall ass appartment in the middle of Tokyo taking shits in his bathroom consisting of windows as walls guaranteeing everyone sees his pale ass (actual true story)

3elks

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:25:41 PM

Damn, never knew before that BTC is a registered trade mark. Your topic is literally killing me because I live with a dream with a truly free currency without owners but your news have been destroyed my opinion.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: