Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:12:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: s2 reboot default reset and bestshare  (Read 691 times)
rkinnin (OP)

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:42:06 PM

Hoping for some constructive thoughts regarding an interesting string of events that occurred last night.

Last night I noticed on my s2 that one card was full of x's.  The temps all across the machine seemed to be in line with what they had been for the last week or so.  I went ahead and rebooted the s2 through the GUI.  The unit did come back up using the IP address that I had previously set it to but rather it came back with the default .99 address.  Once I got back into the box I noticed that it had been completed "factory defaulted".  I changed the IP address and rebooted the box again.  I also had to reset my Pool information as well which I did after I rebooted. 

The card has all 0's and it seems to be working now except that the "Bestshare" still says 0. 

Any thoughts about the factory reset as well as the Bestshare would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theerachate

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:48:38 PM

Hoping for some constructive thoughts regarding an interesting string of events that occurred last night.

Last night I noticed on my s2 that one card was full of x's.  The temps all across the machine seemed to be in line with what they had been for the last week or so.  I went ahead and rebooted the s2 through the GUI.  The unit did come back up using the IP address that I had previously set it to but rather it came back with the default .99 address.  Once I got back into the box I noticed that it had been completed "factory defaulted".  I changed the IP address and rebooted the box again.  I also had to reset my Pool information as well which I did after I rebooted. 

The card has all 0's and it seems to be working now except that the "Bestshare" still says 0. 

Any thoughts about the factory reset as well as the Bestshare would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what to say, but have you tried to flash the sd card? S2's firmware doesn't save any settings but ip address, so I think that would be normal. Try to flash the sd card, update fw to the latest, and see if anything change.
rkinnin (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:49:21 PM

I'm not sure what to say, but have you tried to flash the sd card? S2's firmware doesn't save any settings but ip address, so I think that would be normal. Try to flash the sd card, update fw to the latest, and see if anything change.

I should have added that the File System Version says: Thu Apr 10 / the Cgiminer Version says 3.12.0

as well. 

The box seems to running "okay" now...but last nights "hiccup" sure is strange.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:13:05 PM

I should have added that the File System Version says: Thu Apr 10 / the Cgiminer Version says 3.12.0

as well. 

download and flash 6/19 version of the file system (give it 5 min to flash, but "wheel" will not stop turning in web gui, however after 5 min it was OK to restart in my case)-this one seems to retain saved data better
rkinnin (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:14:58 AM

as well. 

download and flash 6/19 version of the file system (give it 5 min to flash, but "wheel" will not stop turning in web gui, however after 5 min it was OK to restart in my case)-this one seems to retain saved data better

Bestshare is still at 0 without doing a thing....should I be concerned - not sure if it matters but I am using gHash for a pool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: