Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:58:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feds to Purchase Resort Hotel for Illegal Children @ $50 Million  (Read 3869 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:53:27 PM

Mind you, this is just the first year's contract at one facility. Anyways, I hope you're sitting down as you're reading this.

The Obama administration has awarded (given) a $50 million contract to a charitable group to buy a Texas resort hotel and transform it in to a 600 bed facility for juvenile illegal aliens.

The beautiful Palm Aire resort and hotel has an indoor Olympic sized pool and an outdoor pool.  Free Wi-Fi and cable TV are included in the simply decorated guest rooms.

The Palm Aire Hotel and Suites is set to be sold (given)to Baptist Child & Family Services (BCFS) operating under a federal contract, pending local government approval, according to reports from Weslaco, Texas where the hotel is located. Weslaco is a few miles north of the Rio Grande in Hidalgo County.

The Palm Aire Hotel and Suites currently advertises amenities such as two outdoor swimming pools—one Olympic sized—Jacuzzis, sauna, steam room, two racquetball courts, outdoor tennis courts, picnic area with grills and a fitness center with twenty machines and free weights.

A luxurious fitness center is on site at the Weslaco Palm Aire Hotel and Suites. Guests can also wind down in the sauna after a long trip. Wink

Attracted to the space for outdoor recreation at the Palm Aire Hotel and Suites, BCFS spoke of building a soccer field at the hotel and adding a perimeter fence.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/07/feds-to-open-50-million-resort-hotel-for-illegal-children-complete-with-tennis-courts-sauna-pools/
They might as well put in a golf course while they're at it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:36:01 PM

Only $50 million?  That seems low for how the current administration likes to spend!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 07:55:17 PM

Lets be honest here, at least on the surface they're printing money to help people and children no less instead of pissing it away on international warfare, I'd rather see them piss away money on that, but if you ask me, it's precisely because the U.S cause so many problems around the world and to their neighbours that they're bringing the problems onto themselves.

America is finally starting to feel the results of their violent empire building.
unpure

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:00:29 PM

How nice. Who determine who can live there?
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:08:06 PM

The article quotes as reference for the 50m deal this artcile:

http://www.krgv.com/news/hotel-to-undergo-transformation-into-immigrant-center/

Weird that there is no mention of those funds in here.

WESLACO - A center for unaccompanied minors set to open in Weslaco later this year will be the first of its kind in the nation, officials with a network of non-profits said.

BCFS Health and Human Services secured a multi-million federal contract to house young illegal immigrants at the site of the current Palm Aire Hotel and Suites on FM 1015.

Representatives with BCFS said the Palm Aire will undergo a multi-million dollar transformation.

BCFS runs a temporary detention center for young illegal immigrants at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio.

BCFS began as an orphanage for Hispanic children in San Antonio in 1944

"Children ... who weren't able to go into other orphanages. They weren't allowed at the white orphanages, they weren't allowed at the African-American orphanages," said Krista Piferrer, with BCFS external affairs.

The agency has grown into a multi-national network of health and human service non-profit organizations.

"We lead efforts that range from emergency management and disaster response to serving teens and youths who are aging out of the foster care system to serving impoverished communities and expectant mothers in the colonias," Piferrer said.

BCFS said the Weslaco facility will be completely self-contained.

"Our central intake facility at Weslaco will be licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services as a child residential center," Piferrer said.

Piferrer said medical staff will be on hand so children with diseases or injuries will not be transferred to local hospitals.

BCFS has a facility in Harlingen where they employ about 340 people.

The agency applied for a conditional-use permit with the city of Weslaco. City Manager Leo Olivares said the request has to go through the regular planning and zoning process. If approved, it will go to the city commission for a final vote.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:35:24 PM

This is basically the churches making money off the immigration situation via warm bodies for the pews and contracts from the federal government. This $50 mill is what one 'charitable' group is making on one contract for a year, look for more of these type of things to pop up. This is just an extravagant and in your face way of breaking the ice and a middle finger to the middle class bag holders/those that will be fucked for future employment.
boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:44:59 PM

This is basically the churches making money off the immigration situation via warm bodies for the pews and contracts from the federal government. This $50 mill is what one 'charitable' group is making on one contract for a year, look for more of these type of things to pop up. This is just an extravagant and in your face way of breaking the ice and a middle finger to the middle class bag holders/those that will be fucked for future employment.

Yes. Charity organization is the next big scam.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 09:53:21 PM

Yes. Charity organization is the next big scam.

I hope not Sad unfortunately I live in the UK and charity organisations are basically a massive organised crime ring over here and I'm not joking.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:11:36 PM

The deal was canceled. Too much heat from Drudge.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639961.msg7876782#msg7876782

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639961.msg7882629#msg7882629

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:23:32 PM

Lets be honest here, at least on the surface they're printing money to help people and children no less instead of pissing it away on international warfare, I'd rather see them piss away money on that, but if you ask me, it's precisely because the U.S cause so many problems around the world and to their neighbours that they're bringing the problems onto themselves.

America is finally starting to feel the results of their violent empire building.

yeah that's pretty much it. america has caused so much destruction around the world, all in the name of imperialism and exploiting resources out of poor countries.
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:56:54 PM

Not a fan of government waste but I'd prefer taxes to be spent on kids than the gov bailing out the banks or invading some foreign country.
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:57:55 PM

Things like this make me sick. There's so many better ways to spend $50m.
hollowframe

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:18:21 AM

They have actually decided against doing this.

It was truly sick that they would even consider doing something like this.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:21:27 AM

Conservative preachers were probably calling their people to shut this nonsense down. I have a feeling whoever was involved in this from that Org is in some deep water right about now, as they should be.
hollowframe

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:25:40 AM

Conservative preachers were probably calling their people to shut this nonsense down. I have a feeling whoever was involved in this from that Org is in some deep water right about now, as they should be.
I read a story today about how there have been protests throughout the country, protesting the children who are entering the US illegally. This is happening even in liberal areas of the country.

Children that are entering our country illegally are essentially being welcomed in and many people do not like this. I anticipate this being a hot topic this upcoming election and I expect liberals to lose more seats in both the house and senate then they otherwise would as liberals tend to support illegal immigrants.
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:32:15 AM

Right? Like sending Michelle O on a shopping trip to Paris! Gotta love how our tax dollars are spent so wisely!
zhinkk

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:37:49 AM

Right? Like sending Michelle O on a shopping trip to Paris! Gotta love how our tax dollars are spent so wisely!

When was this? I would assume it was out of a pre planned budget for michelle/obama though, I'm not too worried about that.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:45:20 AM

I read a story today about how there have been protests throughout the country, protesting the children who are entering the US illegally. This is happening even in liberal areas of the country.

Children that are entering our country illegally are essentially being welcomed in and many people do not like this. I anticipate this being a hot topic this upcoming election and I expect liberals to lose more seats in both the house and senate then they otherwise would as liberals tend to support illegal immigrants.
Exactly, places like California, Maryland and even Michigan had big time town halls and/or protests over the shipment of these people to said areas and many of the youtube highlights were from black women going off on councilors and the like. Youtube it and check it out.
hollowframe

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:26:17 AM

Exactly, places like California, Maryland and even Michigan had big time town halls and/or protests over the shipment of these people to said areas and many of the youtube highlights were from black women going off on councilors and the like. Youtube it and check it out.
I find it very interesting that you (and the media) mentions these states, as they are all generally liberal states (especially CA) and I would generally expect people in these states to have opposite views on this topic.
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:57:10 AM

The fact that this was even considered is appalling. These are not refugee children they are pawns for our sinister government. The pompous wind bags don't give a shit about gays or minorities either unless it is politically expedient to do so.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: