Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:44:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: any way to get a couple mBTC for free?  (Read 5079 times)
me_12 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:23:11 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 12:50:57 AM by me_12

I'm wondering if I can get my virtual hands on some millibitcoins (if anyone doesn't know, BTC0.001) within only a couple hours (2-5 hours) of time per millibitcoin. Anyone got any good ideas?
EDIT: I'm not asking for a free handout. I'm just wondering, maybe, if I can do something for maybe around BTC0.002 or so that I can do in a couple hours
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4680

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:27:11 PM

Begging for free handouts is not allowed here.

If you are willing to pay for the bitcoin, you can put a U.S. $1 bill in an envelope and mail it to me (include your bitcoin address on a piece of paper in the envelope, or better yet a QR-Code of the address).

When the $1 arrives I'll send $1 worth of bitcoins (at whatever the BitStamp last exchange rate is when it arrives) to the address in the envelope.

That's about 1.6 mBTC (0.0016 BTC) or so at the moment.

I'm willing to honor the offer for up to $10

Approximately 16 mBTC (0.016 BTC) at the moment.

Find the lost dog that is currently mentioned in my signature, and I'll send you 0.2 BTC.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:26:43 AM

just go to game and rounds or services subforums and see if you can find something. Or digital gods, if you have any to sell.

Also use the mail system to send money is illegal in some jurisdiction, and probably the money will be lost in the travel.
Southpaw0
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1010

666 - slave 2 the grind -

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:00:53 AM

you can always buy some

if not try faucets

game/rounds might have some small promos going on

ill handcuff you to the shower and put an apple in your mouth with the water running on cold then you handcuff me to the bed and go to town.. just dont BURN the house down with your hot ass oven cus i will be dead and you will be gone
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:07:37 AM

One of my favorite sites is to earn bitcoin:

http://www.tremorgames.com/index.php?action=shopbrowse&mode=category&categoryid=13 <---- not a referral link

As you can see 630 tremor coins will get you 0.001 btc.

Tremorgames is a GPT (Get Paid To) site, watch videos, complete offers, etc... and you can earn just from playing video games. Grin

Payment proof:

http://bitcoinwork.info/bitcoin-payment-proof.html#tremorgames
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:13:50 AM

Let's say you get 0.002 BTC in 3 hours.

That's about $0.40 per hour at the current rate, you are way better of working 1 hour and just buy the BTC.

Even at $4/hour you will get 10 times the BTC in the same time.

Faucets are also a waste of time, you might get lucky finding a 0.01 BTC giveaway on this forum, most likely in the games & rounds section as Brewins said.

Don't waste your time on gathering dust.
Lieji

Activity: 543

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:33:07 AM

I'm wondering if I can get my virtual hands on some millibitcoins (if anyone doesn't know, BTC0.001) within only a couple hours (2-5 hours) of time per millibitcoin. Anyone got any good ideas?

Find any part-time job and work for 2 hours, you should be able to get more than 0.01 btc from localbitcoins. Smiley

lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:22:38 PM

I don't know how much that gives, but you can get free coins by opening a blockchain.info wallet and sharing it on twitter. There's a publicity about that on the wallet's page.
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:24:42 PM

I don't know how much that gives, but you can get free coins by opening a blockchain.info wallet and sharing it on twitter. There's a publicity about that on the wallet's page.

I don't think it's that much otherwise it would be exploited rather easily.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
lynn_402

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:29:14 PM

I don't think it's that much otherwise it would be exploited rather easily.

Indeed. But it does require the user to post a tweet, so that gives Blockchain.info publicity wether the account is legit or not.
richardramirez9

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:02:09 PM

The bitcoin faucets are nothing but peanuts. I think there isnt any other way to obtain bitcoin than buying it with fiat, too bad i have little fiat  Cry
PangPang

Activity: 499

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:30:14 PM

The bitcoin faucets are nothing but peanuts. I think there isnt any other way to obtain bitcoin than buying it with fiat, too bad i have little fiat  Cry

Other than buying and mining, you can earn bitcoin in ways you earn fiat (eg. sell products, sell services, get a job, etc.)
You may also join a signature ad program as well.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:22:35 PM

Buy or mine are 2 best options.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:30:34 PM

you can mine..

it's not profitable but you can get some mBTC

you can do faucets,PTC, there was some chatroom that paid mBTC, it paid good actually..

can't remember its name..

There are many variables... just saying mining is not profitable is a bad general statement.

With low electricity cost's I am profitable on everything currently (or on way on a few).  Only thing I had to stop was GPU mining because of summer heat was no longer profitable.  Everyone should do own calculations.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:50:44 PM

you can mine..

it's not profitable but you can get some mBTC

you can do faucets,PTC, there was some chatroom that paid mBTC, it paid good actually..

can't remember its name..

There are many variables... just saying mining is not profitable is a bad general statement.

With low electricity cost's I am profitable on everything currently (or on way on a few).  Only thing I had to stop was GPU mining because of summer heat was no longer profitable.  Everyone should do own calculations.

that's true

I assumed the OP doesn't have any mining equipment and would mine with an average GPU
I'm assuming that would be unprofitable? Cheesy

Ahhh i can see what you meant now Smiley i thought you were saying not profitable for anyone.

Very true on GPU's for most sadly.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:40:37 PM

there are still some giveaways in the "games and rounds" forum, but there used to be much more....

lynn_402

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:43:53 PM

there are still some giveaways in the "games and rounds" forum, but there used to be much more....

Weren't giveaways banned from the forum?

If I remember correctly, most of the giveaways in the games and round subsection requires you to sign-up to a gambling site, where you have to use the free coins there and you can't withdraw.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:47:28 PM

Weren't giveaways banned from the forum?

If I remember correctly, most of the giveaways in the games and round subsection requires you to sign-up to a gambling site, where you have to use the free coins there and you can't withdraw.

giveaway threads were banned from the "gambling" and "altcoin" forums. they are still allowed in the "games and rounds" forum.

on the latter, you are right, although 777 allows you to withdraw immediately.

counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:03:35 PM

Off the top of my head I'd say check out the games and rounds section for some kind of promotion.  You may have to put in some bitcoin to get it depending on the promotion.  Be careful not to fall for anything that seems to good to be true.  
billyscuz

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:25:51 PM

not much in games/rounds anymore except 777 -- .0001 per day (you can post every 24 hours), so after 3 days you'll be able to get something after the transaction fee for withdrawal. Smiley

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: