Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:48:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USA ROAD TRIP POWERED BY BITCOIN PROMOTE WITH US OR WIN A ZEUS BLIZZARD !  (Read 4041 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Polarstorm (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:15:50 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 12:52:38 PM by Polarstorm

Blog (WIP): www.roadtrip.falltime.de

We are 2 german guys (brothers) in the age of 33 and 25.
From July 29th, through September 9th (42 days) we'll be on our Bitcoin supported road trip across the USA.
We're offering you the possibility to stick your advertisement/message/etc. of/for your company/web project/girlfriend/etc. on our car and take part of the trip.
Additionally you can promote in a different way (see below).

We're going to attach your advertisement/messages/etc. to our car with some magnetic decals.
These decals (or other items, see packages below) should be prepared by yourself and delivered to us in time (No later than 28.07.2014).
It is also possible that we order the things you want in germany, so you don't have to send them to us, or that we pick up the materials in the US

Route:

Start: Fort Lauderdale (Florida)

Cape Canaveral, Houston Space Center, Grand Canyon, Barringer Krater, Las Vegas, L.A / Hollywood, San Francisco,
Yosemite National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Mount Rushmore/Crazy Horse, Chicago, New York City, Washington D.C.

End: Fort Lauderdale (Florida)

Of course we're gonna see a lot more, this is just an overview.
A more detailed view is available at: http://www.roadtrip.falltime.de/route/

The car:

Package 1:
Position: side (Doors)
Available: 1 of 2*
Dimensions: max. 50x35 cm (60x100cm)**
Price: 0.35 BTC***

Package 2:
Position: back
Available: 4*
Dimensions: max. 15x15 cm
Price: 0.15 BTC***

Package 3:
Position: hood
Available: sold
Dimensions: 50x35 cm (100x100cm)**
Price: 0.50 BTC***

Package 4:
Sign (billboard/message/etc.), which is photographed at prominent/curious/interesting locations.
Quantity: 3
Dimensions: 50x35 cm**
Price: open to negotiation

Package 5:
Clothing (shirts, trousers, etc.) which are worn at prominent/curious/interesting locations.
Quantity: 4 (Sets)

Package 6:
Item/message/etc. which are photographed at prominent/curious/interesting locations.
Example: A teddy bear which is photographed with a love message to your girlfriend every 1000km and at the end of the trip (after ca. 14000km) the last message could be "So far and much further my love goes to you ".
Example 2: Photo in front of an Apollo (Saturn) rocket with a sign that says "Bitcoin to da mooon!"
Quantity: 3

* Refers to available space when maximum dimensions are chosen.
** Refers to the maximum transportable size of a sticker / billboard. Thus, for example the place on the hood is larger than 50x35cm (100x100cm) , so it is possible to combine 2 decals with one motif.
*** or near offer

Additional services:
Photography of the car at prominent/curious/interesting locations with visible sticker.

People on photo in "Wish outfit".
Outfit 1: "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" (Hawaiian shirt, white trousers, Bogarthat, mirrored sunglases).
Outfit 2: Suit (pinstripe and/or black, with sunglases and hat).
Outfit 3: Special Outfit (should be prepared by yourself).

All packages and additional services can be booked for a specific duration, a certain section, a specific place, etc..
All packages and additional services can be combined.

If none of the packages are what you're thinking of, or you have a completely different idea, we'll do our best to accomplish it.
In any case, just write a PM or ask here in the thread questions. Alternatively, it is also possible to contact me via Skype.: polarstormelite

Upon request I can create the labels/plates/etc. Costs are negotiable.

Refund&warranty:
It is not guaranteed that: The route is driven as described. The car is an Ford Mustang convertible. The trip is not prematurely interrupted/canceled.
There is no possibility of a refund , with the exception of the case the trip is canceled even before 29.07.2014 due to own fault. In this case only booking costs are refunded, other expenses are not.
The latest possible cancellation of a booked package is 07/25/2014, 10% cancellation fee.
If an item/sticker/etc. is stolen, or gets damaged, or something happens that makes it impossible to fulfill a booked package, there is also no entitlement of an refund.

Support:

We show with this sticker on the car

that the tour is possible through and with bitcoins.

So people, away from the Internet , hear about it, which otherwise would have never heard about it.

If you generally find the idea a good one, but you don't want to book one of the packages, we would appreciate a small donation.

If all donations together reach an ammount of 0.5 BTC one "Zeus Blizzard Miner" will be raffled under all donators which have donated at least 0.01 BTC.

At the end of the trip we donate all the things we don't need any longer to an charitable organization, or to an waif of our choice.

Address: 1MFt65mYyJzb7ECnXRNNUK2RyzhTJ2Ayd4

German version: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697443.0

PLEASE SHARE THIS ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Donators:

Queenvio
Massa
Truman

Partners:

http://prypto.com/

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/

http://www.protact.net/

Referring to our Bitcoin powered road trip: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697863.0

We want to offer you the possibility to become a millionaire !

We:

When we are in Vegas, we play at the biggest jackpot we can find, and share the win with you !

What you have to do for this ?

Simple. Send us as much btc (minimum 0.01 and latest by 29.07 4am GMT) as you want to risk (btc will be exchanged into $/chips).
The "win" will be divided through all participating people by their spended btc volume minus 5% (for Greenpeace) and 1% fee.

(it is not guaranteed that there will be any win!)

5% of the "win" will be donated to "Greenpeace" !

Adress: 1727QfxT7kaxJv9SHuzTEbNYoVscirjTvG

Questions ? Fell free to ask.

Auszug aus der Falltime Datenbank, eintrag Keule: Primitiv, aber effektiv. Alles was es braucht um diese, wieder in Mode gekommene, Waffe herzustellen sind ein paar rostige Nägel, ein gutes Stück Holz und der unbedingte Wille anderen den Schädel einzuschlagen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 01:21:03 AM

Hi!

Great tour! Seems like you want to make around 190 miles per day. Seems reasonable with a time to rest and stuff! Smiley

This will be great! Can't wait to see some sharings from this trip like photos etc.

I will be watching this thread for future informations!

Smiley

Kind regards and good luck!
Polarstorm (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:30:23 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 01:45:20 AM by Polarstorm

I had the idea for this thread two days ago.

We want to make a blog with the photos and all that stuff (tourbook), but i dont know if we have enough time. So many things to do at the moment...  Sad

We could need a good translator for the tourbook thing, because i think its not very funny for you guys to read my bad english in the tourbook again.  Grin

Auszug aus der Falltime Datenbank, eintrag Keule: Primitiv, aber effektiv. Alles was es braucht um diese, wieder in Mode gekommene, Waffe herzustellen sind ein paar rostige Nägel, ein gutes Stück Holz und der unbedingte Wille anderen den Schädel einzuschlagen.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:35:20 AM

We could need a good translator for the tourbook thing, because i think its not very funny for you guys to read my bad english in the tourbook.  Grin

I just proofread your thread and sent you a PM with some suggested changes. I could interpret your thoughts and rewrite it with proper grammar in the future if you'd like.

Polarstorm (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:48:20 AM

Ja, thx a lot for the help, added your corrections already. Smiley

About the tourbook thing, we will see if we can handle it to launch the site within time. If so, it were great to have a person which translates from german to english, or at least corrects my english.

devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:02:05 AM

About the tourbook thing, we will see if we can handle it to launch the site within time. If so, it were great to have a person which translates from german to english, or at least corrects my english.

Sounds good, keep me in the loop.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 02:49:04 AM

A very interesting idea.
I'd like to see this once it's in action - perhaps once we get a view of the real deal, you guys will get more sponsors/donators. 
Also, a picture of a car is not enough..  Maybe some more images with you 2 bros standing next to the car or something?

Good Luck!
Polarstorm (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:09:15 AM

I think you misunderstood something (or maybe it's me).

We can't show pictures of the car, because we get the car when we are in the US (we are from germany).

The pictures you are talking about will be taken when we are in the US.

And if the trip is started its too late to participate as sponsor/advertiser/etc. (not as donator) because the advertising materials (or the other stuff) must be send to us (to germany, or we order them here and you pay for them) and we are taking them from here in our luggage to the US.

Polarstorm (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:38:32 AM

Because someone in another thread asked for a proof, here's the ticket bill (of course it's in german):

dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:14:44 PM

Remind me of the Bitcoin road trop the Real Plato made in 2011 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4752.0
Polarstorm (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:39:35 AM

Not really, because this trip isn't about "living on bitcoins".

It's about advertising and promoting the idea of bitcoin.

Queenvio

Activity: 838
Merit: 533

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:00:51 PM

I like that idea, I hope it will make Bitcoin more popular.
Maybe you find an old farmer in his rocking chair, which accept Bitcoin after your visit  Grin

Sadly i have nothin to promote   Sad

I hope I can help you with mit little donate.
Polarstorm (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:48:41 PM

Hey thx a lot. Smiley

The blog for the tour is (more or less) ready: www.roadtrip.falltime.de

Polarstorm (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:17:44 PM

A far more detailed version of the route is online: http://www.roadtrip.falltime.de/route/

We are also welcoming our first partner:

http://prypto.com/

Polarstorm (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:19:23 PM

Added a little raffle for donators in the entry post. Now you can win a "Zeus Blizzard Miner".

Polarstorm (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:12:23 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 01:42:09 PM by Polarstorm

We are welcoming a new partner:

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/

theres also an interview: http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/the-bitcoin-powered-42-day-usa-road-trip-interview

Polarstorm (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:59:46 PM

little update:

At the end of the trip we donate all the things we don't need any longer to an charitable organization, or to an waif of our choice.

Polarstorm (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:06:22 PM

update:

Now it's cleared which camera we are using for the trip, beside our normal smartphones, camcorders and so on.

The "Nikon D5000" Kit

http://www.rakuten.de/produkt/nikon-d5000-kit-18-105-mm-70-300-mm-1081024815.html?utm_source=preisvergleich&utm_medium=cpc&sclid=p_idealo_AT_10_d1-s1&portaldv=3&cid=idealo&utm_campaign=idealo-2010-06

Polarstorm (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:22:35 AM

Played around a bit with the new cam:

Some more testings are in the blog gallery.

Polarstorm (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:32:26 PM

We are welcoming our third partner:

http://www.protact.net/

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: