Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:04:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ORA:: Logo submission & discussion thread  (Read 26197 times)
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 11:41:42 AM

Here's my submission  Smiley

Well so far this is my favorite logo (minus the 'coin' at the end). I like the simplicity and the fact that it's not too aggressive on the eyes.
But I agree that there are a lot of awesome designs here. Good job everyone!  Smiley

maximuss

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:05:10 PM

Hi, I've updated the design with the keyhole and removed the background as requested. Also added a couple of metallic textures to see what they look like. Thanks.

kussaka

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

Graphic designer

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:29:14 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 02:24:29 PM by kussaka

Lot of nice logoes, look great! It will be difficult to choose.
Maybe these articles can help to choose. Wink
http://thebetahub.com/how-to-create-and-choose-the-right-logo-for-your-business/
http://www.martinkoss.com/social-branding/how-to-choose-the-right-logo/

I am going to watch with interest which three you vote for, kussaka  Wink

Pentamon

I vote so ... Forgive me Gvans and Maximuss. Smiley
Both logos are perfect, but I could not resist  to combine them together.

And vote to my second version of the logo.
I combined my logo with a model site for example, to show features of it and the point it between strong competitors. Smiley

kussaka

Graphic designer

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:35:21 PM

And can be difficult to count voices.

Maybe we will not vote for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, and make   one voice = one point.
Each voter 3 equal voices he gives 3 different logo.
There are many equally strong logo and it is difficult to allocate places (especially for designers, I think).
And in 3 equal voices for three logos (proportionally) will be easier to count the votes for each logo then ..

What do you think about it?
In any case, some want to change their vote with new logo.
fragORA

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:09:52 PM

Just messed a bit with your design maximuss . obviously it is still your design Smiley

ORA::100% POS Free & Fair distribution|issued NXT AE
Pentamon

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 02:14:27 PM

Just messed a bit with your design maximuss . obviously it is still your design Smiley

Yeay, Baby!

I am aware that many professional designers cringe at the idea that others take your design and change it ('mess with it').

However, this is the stuff of Open Source Development, guys.
We live for the recognition, but more important is the final outcome: a product that is the mental baby of a collection of humans. Weird in a way, isn't it?

Pentamon

http://www.oraforum.org  *  Yoda: "One stake to every human give!"
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:09:56 PM

Get all flashy, but how does this logo look in something simple and 2d? In the end 2d is what people go for. My 2 cents.

Pentamon

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 03:34:12 PM

Voting for Ora Logo

Let me start with two quotes:

This is going to be a real tough one. Even it is going to be hard deciding top 5.

@Pentamon, how are we going to vote? Decided method voting? Where? I am sorry if this has been answered. I have been a little busy with real life and here at the moment.

This group of art designers can be Ora's design team if they are interested. Will be a good addition if you ask me. We can have our own designer team.  Cool lotsa things to do. We also need someone to design an infographic on how to use Nxt client (register, secure account, nxt ae) to purchase Ora Asset and another would be How to use Secureae.com to purchase ora asset using bitcoin.
This could be your next project for you if you are interested.

Maybe we will not vote for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, and make   one voice = one point.
There are many equally strong logo and it is difficult to allocate places (especially for designers, I think).
And in 3 equal voices for three logos (proportionally) will be easier to count the votes for each logo then ..

Thank you DarkhorseofNxt and kussaka, for drawing attention to the voting.
I try to keep the most up to date info in the message that is linked to in the first post, but that is always somewhat hidden, isn't it?

I am going to describe my intended voting procedure. Please comment:

Remember, we are doing everything here on this forum thread.
The only external resources is the Prezi presentation that I will try to keep updated with the voting results.
http://prezi.com/zk-cuegzir2_/logo-for-ora/
You will see the submitted logos on this prezi 'migrate' to the middle as they get more votes.

I will likely need a spreadsheet for this as well, but that is still to be done.
Maybe somebody here is good at that and will help me? - we will need to trace every vote on the thread.

Official deadline for design submissions is 17 August, however if somebody throws in a design later, it will be accepted. Obviously the later you submit, it will have the disadvantage of missing some early voters. Right now we are getting into some interesting collaboration here. ( I bet that those of you who follow other groups, will find the tone here at Ora quite pleasant.)
Final deadline for voting is 31 August.

Everyone votes only once.
Some of us have voted already. If you change your mind, maybe because a new good design came along, just go back to your voting post and edit it, prior to 31 August 2014.
Everyone has to give three choices.
You may add text to motivate your choice.
Everyone has to give them in order: 1, 2 and 3, with position 1 being the most liked one.

Vote counting: I want to give three points for position 1, two for position 2, and one for position 3.
If a person only enters one choice, I will count it on position three, one point only.  (Rationale: encourage multiple options.)

Designers (people that have submitted a design) may put ONE of the three options as their own. On any position they wish.
So by point count, a designer could give half of the points to himself (three points for position one) and  
Designers votes also account for 2/3 of the total vote. (Rationale: they actually take a risk by taking part, and they likely might know design better than those of use that only consume.)

I would like to hear if there are any strong objections to this process.

The only 'messy part' that I possibly expect (apart from people not understanding the process) is if the vote is split by multiple submissions from one designer that are very similar, like colour changes, etc. In that case, we will use common sense in lumping obvious patterns together, won't we?

I also would like to thank all the participants, especially the designers.

As DarkhorseofNXT suggested, the process will hopefully continue, after the logo for Ora is finalized, because as we all know, Ora itself will need this kind of nurturing community process for hopefully a long time.

Remember: As you nurture Ora, Ora nurtures you!

(maybe somebody can put that in a nice latin version on a coin?)  Grin

Pentamon

Pentamon

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 03:36:14 PM

Get all flashy, but how does this logo look in something simple and 2d? In the end 2d is what people go for. My 2 cents.

True, very true.
We should have an abbreviation for that: GIPTM  - Give It Plain To Me!

Pentamon

fragORA

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:43:41 PM

Wot, you have a 3d monitor? It is 2d. Only kidding. I guess you would also need a plain version, but i do like the lock and key reference.

ORA::100% POS Free & Fair distribution|issued NXT AE
Pentamon

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 03:44:02 PM

Lot of nice logoes, look great! It will be difficult to choose.
Maybe these articles can help to choose. Wink
http://thebetahub.com/how-to-create-and-choose-the-right-logo-for-your-business/
http://www.martinkoss.com/social-branding/how-to-choose-the-right-logo/

I am going to watch with interest which three you vote for, kussaka  Wink

Pentamon

I vote so ... Forgive me Gvans and Maximuss. Smiley
Both logos are perfect, but I could not resist  to combine them together.

And vote to my second version of the logo.
I combined my logo with a model site for example, to show features of it and the point it between strong competitors. Smiley

I can't see properly, there are tears in my eyes.... I absolutely love what you have done here kussaka!

Could you add one more, for position three, please, and then you will have fulfilled our voting process.
You have managed to honour two other designers already, add a third one, besides yourself.
You can take your time, of course, but at this point, I feel like just throwing in all my vote in behind what you have proposed.

Thank you, thank you.
(third thank you coming after your third vote)

Pentamon

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:20:24 PM

Voting for Ora Logo

This is going to be a real tough one. Even it is going to be hard deciding top 5.

@Pentamon, how are we going to vote? Decided method voting? Where? I am sorry if this has been answered. I have been a little busy with real life and here at the moment.

This group of art designers can be Ora's design team if they are interested. Will be a good addition if you ask me. We can have our own designer team.  Cool lotsa things to do. We also need someone to design an infographic on how to use Nxt client (register, secure account, nxt ae) to purchase Ora Asset and another would be How to use Secureae.com to purchase ora asset using bitcoin.

I try to keep the most up to date info in the message that is linked to in the first post, but that is always somewhat hidden, isn't it?

The only external resources is the Prezi presentation that I will try to keep updated with the voting results.
You will see the submitted logos on this prezi 'migrate' to the middle as they get more votes.

I will likely need a spreadsheet for this as well, but that is still to be done.
Maybe somebody here is good at that and will help me? - we will need to trace every vote on the thread.

Official deadline for design submissions is 17 August, however if somebody throws in a design later, it will be accepted. Obviously the later you submit, it will have the disadvantage of missing some early voters. Right now we are getting into some interesting collaboration here. ( I bet that those of you who follow other groups, will find the tone here at Ora quite pleasant.)

Some of us have voted already. If you change your mind, maybe because a new good design came along, just go back to your voting post and edit it, prior to 31 August 2014.
Everyone has to give them in order: 1, 2 and 3, with position 1 being the most liked one.

Vote counting: I want to give three points for position 1, two for position 2, and one for position 3.
If a person only enters one choice, I will count it on position three, one point only.  (Rationale: encourage multiple options.)

Designers (people that have submitted a design) may put ONE of the three options as their own. On any position they wish.
So by point count, a designer could give half of the points to himself (three points for position one) and  
Designers votes also account for 2/3 of the total vote. (Rationale: they actually take a risk by taking part, and they likely might know design better than those of use that only consume.)

The only 'messy part' that I possibly expect (apart from people not understanding the process) is if the vote is split by multiple submissions from one designer that are very similar, like colour changes, etc. In that case, we will use common sense in lumping obvious patterns together, won't we?

As DarkhorseofNXT suggested, the process will hopefully continue, after the logo for Ora is finalized, because as we all know, Ora itself will need this kind of nurturing community process for hopefully a long time.

Pentamon

That is going to be a very troublesome procedure man. Why dont we just list all the submitted logo in a list with numbers. Then start a logo poll. Everyone gets 3 votes. Deadline on 31st august?

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:21:32 PM

Wot, you have a 3d monitor? It is 2d. Only kidding. I guess you would also need a plain version, but i do like the lock and key reference.

Haha.  Roll Eyes i thought it was 3d, with side effects. Sorry for my mistake.

maximuss

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:36:11 PM

Flat versions:

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:38:52 PM

Flat versions:

What color works best with 16x16 and 32x32

kussaka

Graphic designer

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:58:38 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 11:18:49 PM by kussaka

I can't see properly, there are tears in my eyes.... I absolutely love what you have done here kussaka!

Could you add one more, for position three, please, and then you will have fulfilled our voting process.
You have managed to honour two other designers already, add a third one, besides yourself.
You can take your time, of course, but at this point, I feel like just throwing in all my vote in behind what you have proposed.

Thank you, thank you.

Pentamon

Thank you! Ok, I understand.
Then I vote so:

---------------------------------------------
Updated my vote:

Vote 1: I really like this design by Gvans!! It is best design ora-starfish  for me.  Simple and elegant!

Vote 2:  I like these architectural forms and idea ora-key in design by Maximuss! Great work!

Vote 3: Logo by Maximuss and corrected me a bit for wallpaper:

I like and other designs in this thread too.. but not vote more Embarrassed
Pentamon

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 05:01:42 PM

Voting for Ora Logo

Pentamon

That is going to be a very troublesome procedure man. Why dont we just list all the submitted logo in a list with numbers. Then start a logo poll. Everyone gets 3 votes. Deadline on 31st august?

Yes, deadline 31 August.
Voting for the next two weeks.

Don't worry, man, it will be fine and fun.  Polls are messy. Thread based votes are precise.
 Just put your three top choices, in order. That is the hard part.

Here is a voting example post, so that you can see what I want:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697958.msg8159749#msg8159749

Pentamon

figroll

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:09:40 PM

Not a very good logo but just thought these were nice. Plain and simple. Just experimenting again Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/zdKdnxL.png

https://i.imgur.com/6ZROjEa.png

They are pretty large so have just provided links.

figroll
Pentamon

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 05:12:47 PM

Thank you, thank you.

Pentamon

Thank you! Ok, I understand

1)  Gvans   

2)  Maximuss 

3)  BoubonicNugz   

Oh, another surprise. You did not submit one of your own designs?

I just want to make sure that I don't confuse you:

I think that your synthesis of two designs, is beautiful. You are welcome to put it as number 1, if you want:
If this design wins, we will have to unravel who gets the credits, but that is not insurmountable. To my way of thinking, this one has three daddies, or mommies, whichever:

I also think that your latest version for the Ora site is stunning. Why not put it up as part of your vote?

I am not trying to tell you what to do, just that we encourage three submissions.

Here comes the third thank you: Thank you!

Pentamon

Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:13:29 PM

Not a very good logo but just thought these were nice. Plain and simple. Just experimenting again Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/zdKdnxL.png

https://i.imgur.com/6ZROjEa.png

They are pretty large so have just provided links.

figroll

Hmm I think I got a new desktop background. Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: