Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:29:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What can you only buy with bitcoin?  (Read 1694 times)
fbueller (OP)

Activity: 412
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:48:27 AM

Name some things that only bitcoin can/should be used to purchase? I've been looking online at peoples experiences with crypto products on Ebay, and I found a thread where the OP was selling mining gear, and sees a lot of disputes/refund requests after two weeks of the gear being received. Obviously the buyers are just mining and looking to return, and Ebay have told him they will side with buyers in these cases..

So, what other things are best purchased with bitcoin due to it's irreversible nature?

Bitwasp Developer.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:35:14 AM

alternative cryptocurrencies
bitcointalk accounts. Digital gods in general maybe
digital black market services and gods
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:59:55 AM

Goes to the legit purposes  Grin

Escrow Contracts which use Bitcoin as the intermediary
Possibly in game currency in the future that uses Bitcoin
A club which demands dues in BTC

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Intrinsic_worth_brainstorming#Goods_and_services_which_are_ONLY_buyable_with_BTC.2C_for_set_prices

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
miohtama

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 09:00:06 AM

Name some things that only bitcoin can/should be used to purchase? I've been looking online at peoples experiences with crypto products on Ebay, and I found a thread where the OP was selling mining gear, and sees a lot of disputes/refund requests after two weeks of the gear being received. Obviously the buyers are just mining and looking to return, and Ebay have told him they will side with buyers in these cases..

So, what other things are best purchased with bitcoin due to it's irreversible nature?

All online downloadable digital goods: music, movies, books, games.

The transaction is small and digital, so there shouldn't be much room for disputes and frauds. Downloads are irreversible, too.

E.g. http://libertymusicstore.net/

http://humblebundle.com/

Disclaimer: I am the author of the Libery Music Store project above

Apparently credit card fraud is quite common in indie / freemium games - causes problems to small indie game developers. Most likely cardster try out to see if the credit card is working or not.
(Though this answer is more like "things that should be used on sell bitcoin only")

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 11:29:15 AM

I believe some mining gear can only be bought with BTC depending on who is selling it. Mining contracts, too.

And an obvious one is altcoins. Although some altcoins can be bought with LTC or DOGE.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:10:24 PM

I don't know, probably you should head off to Silk Road Smiley
But the cool think about buying with Bitcoin is the p2p experience without any taxes or middle involved. Of course, most people don't want to buy shit with BTC because they are scared to spend it now as it may go higher in the future. This is a problem. The only people doing steady BTC buys are I think, people that is rich on BTC.

byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:03:51 PM

I don't know, probably you should head off to Silk Road Smiley
But the cool think about buying with Bitcoin is the p2p experience without any taxes or middle involved. Of course, most people don't want to buy shit with BTC because they are scared to spend it now as it may go higher in the future. This is a problem. The only people doing steady BTC buys are I think, people that is rich on BTC.

It's also quite easy to buy products that Silk Road sells with cash, mainly because it's untraceable and anonymous.
However, there are some things that you can buy exclusively with Bitcoin, such as WoodWallets or Keychains from woodwallets.io. I believe that there are also other homemade products that can only be bought with Bitcoin.
Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:23:53 PM

Casascius coins perhaps?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:43:26 PM

my expertise. your expertise.

if an artist you can make it so that your art is only available via bitcoin.

if your a consultant you make it so you only get paid in bitcoins.

its like asking someone in the north pole "where can i find fish.. my fishing rod and hook cant get passed all of this ice...

wel until you dig the hole to give you options.. your stuck with with solid ice and no water

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
YesBoss69

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:54:12 PM

Once I saw that you can buy woolly mammoth tooth with Bitcoin, not sure if you can have that luxery with fiat  Wink
Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:35:17 PM

I believe some mining gear can only be bought with BTC depending on who is selling it. Mining contracts, too.

And an obvious one is altcoins. Although some altcoins can be bought with LTC or DOGE.
but for litecoin to now only few are willing to accept for payment. because it drops quite dramatically and I do not understand why it could happen
byt411

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:38:15 PM

but for litecoin to now only few are willing to accept for payment. because it drops quite dramatically and I do not understand why it could happen

Because it isn't that special now. Also, we need to change the question. What non-bitcoin-related things can you buy exclusively with Bitcoin?
drugs

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:41:04 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 09:48:11 AM by drugs

I don't think there's anything that you can only buy in bitcoin. Maybe in the future there will be some product or service that will only accept btc but I doubt it.

15AixdVUCMPpnkaKNuRwefa8g5NBXc65iN
leex1528

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:46:50 PM

I think the best thing (company wise) that you can use to purchase stuff is overstock.com.

They pretty much have everything there so you can seriously purchase anything you want on their site for BTC.

Also Newegg is now on board too so you can get some pretty cool stuff there
byt411

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:47:52 PM

I think the best thing (company wise) that you can use to purchase stuff is overstock.com.

They pretty much have everything there so you can seriously purchase anything you want on their site for BTC.

You know, you can buy from them with Fiat too. Let's see when TigerDirect accepts Bitcoin, alongside Walmart.
gbooz

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:32:03 PM

There is no such thing you can buy only with BTC. There are always other alternatives.
counter

Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:33:09 PM

The safest form of decentralized financial security know to man.  Don't worry about the little stuff.  The real hype is in the tech not the toys that will come later.
Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:04:09 PM

You know, you can buy from them with Fiat too. Let's see when TigerDirect accepts Bitcoin, alongside Walmart.

TigerDirect accepts Bitcoin. Walmart doesn't yet however.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:20:55 PM

I don't think there's anything that you can only buy in bitcoin. Maybe in the future there will be some product or service that will only accept btc but I doubt it.

you cannot buy me for FIAT, i do not accept fiat for any of my professional services, otherwise id have to charge you 20-40% more.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:25:24 PM

I only sell my talents for bitcoin Grin

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: