Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:38:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [INF8] Infinium-8. Privacy-centric & CPU-mining  (Read 126597 times)
Infinium8 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:02:52 PM

Is the developer an actual developer?
Just asking Smiley

Yes, I am. Do you have any questions? I'll be glad to answer.
Just checking  Smiley
How long have you been developing?
What sort of projects have you worked on?
Do you see any improvements you can add to what other CN coins are doing?

I'll tell about it a bit later Smiley

For now I have great news Infinium-8 will added to Claymore in its next update.
ROBERTO
Legendary

Activity: 1421
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:11:35 PM

WTS 2K INF8, pm me if  someone is interested!

Thanks

mmmaybe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 05:14:52 PM

Any progress with getting on an exchange?

ROBERTO
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:22:58 PM

I think no block explorer = no exchange!

Maybe i'm wrong but it's the normal way!!
mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 05:53:29 PM

Most, if not all, CN coins are at a common explorer, http://chainradar.com, but INF8 is not included. I'll make a request in their thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716980.msg8099996

sunerok

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 06:54:14 AM

this coin is still alive. should hit an exchange soon.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Xmining

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 07:23:55 AM

this coin is still alive. should hit an exchange soon.

Indeed. There are 10-30 people who constantly mine it on our pool - http://infinium.xminingpool.com/ .

Xmining pool - reliable pools for CryptoNote currencies! XMR, BCN, FCN, QCN, XDN, DSH, INF8, AEON, OEC.
Infinium8 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:12:48 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 10:39:46 AM by Infinium8

Thank you, information has been added to the OP.
mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 03:49:07 PM

Most, if not all, CN coins are at a common explorer, http://chainradar.com, but INF8 is not included. I'll make a request in their thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716980.msg8099996

Good news  Smiley

The dev of the joint CN block explorer chainradar.com answered me in a PM:

Yes, I'm going to add INF-8 to the chainradar.com. But I don't know how much time can it take

On step at the time, but we are moving forward  Smiley Keep an eye both chainradar.com and devs thread.

Infinium8 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:07:43 PM

Please vote for Infinium-8 on the Askcoin stock exchange.
https://askcoin.net/votes

You must register on this resource for voting.
Infinium8 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:14:40 PM

Good news  Smiley

The dev of the joint CN block explorer chainradar.com answered me in a PM:

Yes, I'm going to add INF-8 to the chainradar.com. But I don't know how much time can it take

On step at the time, but we are moving forward  Smiley Keep an eye both chainradar.com and devs thread.

Thank you! Let's wait for their next update.

Anyway our block explorer will be completed this week.
ROBERTO
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:36:55 PM

Good news! Thanks
Infinium8 (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:22:07 PM

Infinium-8 has been discussed in the thread named rpietila Altcoin Observer. I would like to reflect their opinion here.

Quote from: anonymous
Infinium-8 just released is the first cryptonote to have inflation but no other features

They have chosen an interesting inflation peramater
Block_reward = log2(difficulty) * 2^40

Essentially the block reward increases linearally with difficulty.
The inflation on this coin will still effectivally go to zero but not nearly as fast as those with only a fixed block reward like dogecoin.

log2 (2^x) = x

log10(10^x) = x

log2(10^x) = x / log10(2)

Thus we see that exponential growth (K^x) is converted to linear growth using a log of any base, not just logK. The base K is only a constant factor (as shown by the / log10(2)).

So they convert an assumed exponential growth in hashrate to a linear growth in nominal debasement rate.

Edit: they are increasing the nominal debasement rate, not decreasing it as most coins do. If the hashrate growth eventually slows, then the percentage rate of debasement must decline asymptotically towards 0,
This statement probably false since the power of computers is growing constantly - Infinium8

but early on the curve is much less favorable to early adopters and thus more fair and theoretically better for the network effects.

Edit#2: it rewards adding more hashrate to the system which is good for security. But a doubling of the hashrate at much higher nominal levels has a much less increase on nominal debasement, e.g. log(4) / log(2) = 2 and log(16) / log(8 ) = 1⅓.
ROBERTO
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:03:41 PM

Hello, any fresh news for the end of this week?
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:04:31 PM

block explorer will be good and the updates are also necessary for the coin.
Infinium8 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:08:02 PM

The block explorer and the faucet are ready, as soon as the website will finished I'll upload them all together.

Thanks for waiting!
Infinium8 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:13:49 PM

We have now listed Infinium-8 on https://www.alt2bit.com - We look for the growth and success of this coin and cryptonote technology.

http://www.cointrendz.com/a2b.png

I have added this exchange to OP.
jezmy

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:37:13 PM

Just a quick question ... 

I started solo mining INF8 last night - Win 7 64bit Phenom using 4 of my 6 cores, with infiniumd.exe and simplewallet.exe as described.  In about 18 hours, the infiniumd window shows 11 blocks found, but simplewallet says zero for both "balance" and "unlocked balance"  Huh

Is there any way I can check what has happened to the blocks found - surely, I should see some credits going to the address generated by simplewallet.exe, which is "inf8eXn6kxm2Rv92EGyjNmPDMWwTczPHdQjuaeah5QRu5kDiWC6a7KTADRnoifiMB1fmnHUqiqAUWep AJZTtotBQ57TwGsrfX1" ? 

By the way - it's an awfully long address, so be sure I copied and pasted it from the infinium.address.txt file in the folder, so I'm pretty sure no typo is involved!

Many thanks - looks like a great coin, if I ever see any!!!
MinerMario

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:44:12 PM

I started solo mining INF8 last night - Win 7 64bit Phenom using 4 of my 6 cores, with infiniumd.exe and simplewallet.exe as described.  In about 18 hours, the infiniumd window shows 11 blocks found, but simplewallet says zero for both "balance" and "unlocked balance"  Huh

Is there any way I can check what has happened to the blocks found - surely, I should see some credits going to the address generated by simplewallet.exe, which is "inf8eXn6kxm2Rv92EGyjNmPDMWwTczPHdQjuaeah5QRu5kDiWC6a7KTADRnoifiMB1fmnHUqiqAUWep AJZTtotBQ57TwGsrfX1" ? 

By the way - it's an awfully long address, so be sure I copied and pasted it from the infinium.address.txt file in the folder, so I'm pretty sure no typo is involved!

Blocks found, and blocks that YOU found are different things. If you found them they would show up in your simplewallet.exe. Just type refresh.

Shitcoins are never "undervalued"
jezmy

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:01:45 PM

Blocks found, and blocks that YOU found are different things. If you found them they would show up in your simplewallet.exe. Just type refresh.

Ahhh !!!!   Just typed "refresh" in simplewallet; now it's showing a balance of 226   Grin
I didn't realize that the wallet didn't automatically update itself...  Maybe that little fact should be included somewhere in the instructions to cater for idiots like me.   Roll Eyes

Thank you, MinerMario !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: