Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:07:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yellowstone supervolcano 'turned the asphalt into soup' shutting down...  (Read 996 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:14:25 PM

Yellowstone supervolcano 'turned the asphalt into soup' shutting down Natl. Park's roads.

Extreme heat from a massive supervolcano underneath Yellowstone National Park is melting a major roadway at the popular summertime tourist attraction. Park officials have closed the area to visitors.

Firehole Lake Drive, a 3-mile-plus offshoot of the park’s Grand Loop that connects the Old Faithful geyser and the Madison Junction, is currently off limits. Park operators say the danger of stepping on seemingly solid soil into severely hot water is “high.”

“It basically turned the asphalt into soup. It turned the gravel road into oatmeal,” Yellowstone spokesman Dan Hottle said.
http://rt.com/usa/172672-supervolcano-yellowstone-closed-roads

Some people think these types of events are a sign of the End Times, what do you think?

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:59:28 PM

An eruption would have all sorts of interesting climate impacts affecting literally everyone on Earth. Not sure how that relates to the End Times, though. Because volcanoes are hot and Hell (to the Christian denominations believing it's an actual place) is thought to be hot? -Or just because ~.2-.4% of the global population would probably die off?

Anyway, ignoring the tens of millions of deaths and unfathomable property damage, it'll be a fascinating stress test for all sorts of interstate and even international trading, especially data/communications exchange with the Internet. Bitcoin ecosystem will likely experience significant disruption, from internationally-used services going down, to forks from possible lack of data exchange, to the effects on exchanges from banks going down. Yellowstone erupting would basically be the end of the US economy (well, the banking and insurance system at least) and government, too. I would guess ash would prevent 800MHz+ cell communications, too, even if there is power. Depending on what all happens, it's not impossible that entire countries using US-based lines for transfers will completely lose access to the Internet for an extended period of time.

Two other sentences from article:
While thermal activity under the park often gives way to temperature fluctuations that can soften asphalt throughout Yellowstone, Hottle said the latest wave seems worse than usual.

“But it’s hard to tell if a thermal area is hotter than normal, because it’s always fluctuating here,” he said, according to the Los Angeles Times. “Road closures are business as usual for us.”
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:00:05 PM

Yellowstone supervolcano 'turned the asphalt into soup' shutting down Natl. Park's roads.

Extreme heat from a massive supervolcano underneath Yellowstone National Park is melting a major roadway at the popular summertime tourist attraction. Park officials have closed the area to visitors.

Firehole Lake Drive, a 3-mile-plus offshoot of the park’s Grand Loop that connects the Old Faithful geyser and the Madison Junction, is currently off limits. Park operators say the danger of stepping on seemingly solid soil into severely hot water is “high.”

“It basically turned the asphalt into soup. It turned the gravel road into oatmeal,” Yellowstone spokesman Dan Hottle said.
http://rt.com/usa/172672-supervolcano-yellowstone-closed-roads

Some people think these types of events are a sign of the End Times, what do you think?

So, that's why Israel recalled all its ambassadors from all their embassies from around the world.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:06:01 PM

An eruption would have all sorts of interesting climate impacts affecting literally everyone on Earth. Not sure how that relates to the End Times, though. Because volcanoes are hot and Hell (to the Christian denominations believing it's an actual place) is thought to be hot? -Or just because ~.2-.4% of the global population would probably die off?

Anyway, ignoring the tens of millions of deaths and unfathomable property damage, it'll be a fascinating stress test for all sorts of interstate and even international trading, especially data/communications exchange with the Internet. Bitcoin ecosystem will likely experience significant disruption, from internationally-used services going down, to forks from possible lack of data exchange, to the effects on exchanges from banks going down. Yellowstone erupting would basically be the end of the US economy (well, the banking and insurance system at least) and government, too. I would guess ash would prevent 800MHz+ cell communications, too, even if there is power. Depending on what all happens, it's not impossible that entire countries using US-based lines for transfers will completely lose access to the Internet for an extended period of time.

While thermal activity under the park often gives way to temperature fluctuations that can soften asphalt throughout Yellowstone, Hottle said the latest wave seems worse than usual.

“But it’s hard to tell if a thermal area is hotter than normal, because it’s always fluctuating here,” he said, according to the Los Angeles Times. “Road closures are business as usual for us.”

https://www.google.com/search?q=yellowstone+asphalt&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS549US549&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A7%2F17%2F1900%2Ccd_max%3A7%2F17%2F2000&tbm=

Yeah, whatever.
jets567

Activity: 1008
Merit: 511

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:46:38 PM

https://www.google.com/search?q=yellowstone+asphalt&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS549US549&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A7%2F17%2F1900%2Ccd_max%3A7%2F17%2F2000&tbm=

Yeah, whatever.

happened back in 1999 to from that link you just posted.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
umairbacklink

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:08:24 PM

Yeah, whatever.

happened back in 1999 to from that link you just posted.

But this time it got worsen.
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:34:33 PM

An eruption would have all sorts of interesting climate impacts affecting literally everyone on Earth. Not sure how that relates to the End Times,...

FYI: "End Times" predictions tend to include many 'natural' disasters as an indicator that we are "in the zone" (so to speak)
The relatively large number of 'incidents' (i.e. hurricanes, tornadoes, wildfires, earthquakes, etc) since the turn of the century tends to strengthen the fear and/or joy that we are nearing the end.

Of course, those ideas are not rational, correct?

BitcoinMillionaire

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bling Bling

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:34:42 PM

It could be the end of United States of America if that super volcano erupted.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
adoni

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:48:07 PM

Probably related to the thousands of micro quakes in USA from horizontal fracking, good videos at www.FrackingQuakes.com showing the exponential growth in quakes in USA it resembles the bitcoin charts, off the chart.

If it is THEE END then that makes Satoshi the anti-christ LOL, since we will soon all be trading in BTC his currency.

Oh in Qaballah (kabbalah) or Gematria 666 is WWW so some say the Net is the beast too, since the Hebrew Vau is equal to a modern W and has a value of 6.

The only problem is the original Koine Greek was 620 not 666.

haha

I love END TIMES stuff it makes me laugh.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:23:13 PM

End times theories revolving around this? Feh. I have a hard time believing it would be that simple.

Everything will get bad as time progresses, doesn't mean we're in the end times. People spouted end times when there was the stuff in Syria and so, and did anything happen then?

I don't see how there were more disasters at the turn of the century, seems more like everyone just started to pay attention to it. No reason to lose sleep over it. I doubt that this is the end times, although I could be wrong. I can't predict the future. You'll always see people going on about it, and I just pass it off and go "Alright, we'll see."

Why wasn't Mt. St. Helens the end times? Just curious...
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:18:42 AM

I don't know why it is happening but I wouldn't be surprised if man played some kind of roll in the matter.  If That thing goes off I'm thinking the world will never quite be the same as it is today.  If I was to guess I'd say all the Fracking that has been going on isn't helping things in the least it has only added to the quakes and tremors that could lead to a very serious geological event.  When nobody knows but if/when it does happen people won't ever forget it.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:48:35 AM

An eruption would have all sorts of interesting climate impacts affecting literally everyone on Earth. Not sure how that relates to the End Times,...

FYI: "End Times" predictions tend to include many 'natural' disasters as an indicator that we are "in the zone" (so to speak)
The relatively large number of 'incidents' (i.e. hurricanes, tornadoes, wildfires, earthquakes, etc) since the turn of the century tends to strengthen the fear and/or joy that we are nearing the end.

Of course, those ideas are not rational, correct?
I wouldn't call it irrational if its consistent with their beliefs which I won't bother judging right now.

So - we have tracked payments with BTC (everyone has an ID), and I'm still surprised I haven't heard too much Evangelical pants-pissing over that. If it's accepted by a government and required to buy certain things (the latter's already true), that'd fit with end times.

Natural disasters... my grandpa's a preacher who doesn't generally do fire & brimstone, but occasionally had guest preachers who'd go on about that, so I'm trying to go by memory... I don't recall anything about "a high number of general natural disasters" being related - but specific ones. IIRC, one of the key indicators is supposed to be a rising of water levels, which we obviously have and are going to continue to have as polar ice melts into the oceans..... "Sinfulness" is pretty high -- Christianity is dying out in the US and most of Europe to a "loud and proud" non-religious group. A couple of the Israel puzzle pieces are in place, but it's still waayyy off from being put together and is almost guaranteed not to happen in our lifetime (Israel being invaded by super-powers and converting to Christianity, which really makes no sense because post-industrial countries don't generally have leaders who can just say, "okay, we're a Christian nation, now - submit or die," and the idea of Zionist-filled Israel's Jews willfully converting to Christianity is ridiculous). There's some trouble in trying to predict the Rapture because a lot of the book goes on telling about all the terrible natural and anthropogenic disasters AFTER it. You know - if you don't want locusts, weird&giant&toxic meteors that poison the global water supply, world war, and ultra-authoritarian governments guillotining you if you don't reject Jesus and submit to some falsely-divine autocrat, you damn well better accept Jesus BEFORE all these bad things happen.

To back-peddle and go back to your question just a bit - focusing on Israel is goofy to me... Israel's tiny and, frankly, relatively insignificant compared to areas Jews of ~1BC had no knowledge of, and places I guess neither God nor Jesus decided was worth revealing Himself to, even though they make up the majority of Earth's population. Judaism and Christianity were very, very limited in the geographical areas they spread to - basically only places Europeans (and whatever the proper term for Middle-Easterners is) invaded or traded with. Everywhere "discovered" by Europeans had to be converted from Pagan religions, which seems to pretty clearly (IMO) disprove either as being the "true religion." What kind of asshole God decides to have entire continents of peoples, for thousands of years, never have a chance to accept Him as their God? Pre-colonial natives aren't going to look at a passionflower and say, "oh, yeah, I guess Jesus must've put that there to represent his betrayal and crucifixion - guess I ought to convert." Then there're a good few stories in the Bible which are crystal-clear BS -- Noah's Ark being the most ridiculous simply because there are animals exclusive to continents Jews/Christians hadn't even discovered, which've clearly existed for tens of thousands of years, so unless the continents split apart AFTER Noah, the story's nonsense or, at least, there was really no reason for Noah - who, biblically, was a drunk (I've repeatedly heard Noah was the first to DISCOVER WINE, because nobody ate fermented fruit prior to Noah -- some Jews actually blame Satan for poisoning Noah by injecting fruit with animal blood  Huh Huh Huh) - to stuff a breeding pair of the 2-6 million different species (factoring out animals okay with living in water, maybe around 1-2M) of animals onto some type of unreasonably large vessel he'd need the net worth of perhaps $50-$500M in today's dollars to commission (keeping in mind the unreasonable amount of materials he needs in a short time and that it's still the largest boat ever to be made of wood, by individual or government). The Bible doesn't say what Noah did before - maybe a preacher - so I guess he must've been one of those off-the-highway mega-church preachers with a money-changing office (or maybe God prefaced the water flood with a flood of gold coins).
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:01:27 PM

Holy cow! I wonder how many of those potentially active volcanoes are going to erupt or explode in my lifetime! I mean there are many cities built around those sleeping volcanoes! Some only erupt every couple of ten thousand years, so we've never seen them active and seen their potential devastating eruptions!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: