Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:53:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: econ fagz, would estate tax solve income inequality?  (Read 2293 times)
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:39:50 PM

Communism.

Failed!

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:04:27 PM

I agree with this. It's all a misdirected blame game. While government spending continually goes up and incomes go down then someone needs to be the bad guy. How about the person with the shiny car instead of the politician?

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...ion-a-day.html

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:06:25 PM

I agree with this. It's all a misdirected blame game. While government spending continually goes up and incomes go down then someone needs to be the bad guy. How about the person with the shiny car instead of the politician?

Government spending as a percentage of GDP hasn't really dramatically increased. It is about The same as it was under Reagan.
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:09:52 PM

Government spending as a percentage of GDP hasn't really dramatically increased. It is about The same as it was under Reagan.
and?

Continually increasing federal debt (currently $17,833,481,663,000) is a good thing. I forgot. Why don't we simply double down? It's not like the "rich" and evil CEO's can even afford to pay off what we borrow yearly anyway. We can use that additional credit to give more to the poor.

umair127 (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:10:46 PM

Easiest way to get around estate tax is to tie a big chunk of your money up in precious metals that aren't reported. Your beneficiaries know where the metals are after you die and can gradually sell it off, cash transactions, as they need money. The same is true for guns, art, collectible currency... Don't name it in your will and only let the beneficiary know how to get to it.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:15:06 PM

Easiest way to get around estate tax is to tie a big chunk of your money up in precious metals that aren't reported. Your beneficiaries know where the metals are after you die and can gradually sell it off, cash transactions, as they need money. The same is true for guns, art, collectible currency... Don't name it in your will and only let the beneficiary know how to get to it.
The same is true with cash.

I know someone in his 80s who randomly withdraws odd amounts in the $5-10k range and sticks it in a safe. When he dies and his friend opens the safe and finds $500k in there, he'll spend it and never pay a tax.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
umair127 (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:16:46 PM

Call it what it is: DEATH TAX.

Since someone has to DIE for it to happen.

Why the government should get anything because someone dies is what is repugnant.

Study after study shows most millionaires earn their money, not inherit. But libtards always want more money. To buy votes and power to continue their agenda of getting a real 1984.
Well, john oliver was focused solely on estate taxes, not all death taxes.I'm personally against all death taxes, but this thread is about estate tax in particular.

zolace

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:21:13 PM

Call it what it is: DEATH TAX.

Since someone has to DIE for it to happen.

Why the government should get anything because someone dies is what is repugnant.

Study after study shows most millionaires earn their money, not inherit. But libtards always want more money. To buy votes and power to continue their agenda of getting a real 1984.
Well, john oliver was focused solely on estate taxes, not all death taxes.I'm personally against all death taxes, but this thread is about estate tax in particular.
what other ESTATE taxes are NOT death taxes?

are not all estate taxes triggered by death?

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-...yed/Estate-Tax

The Estate Tax is a tax on your right to transfer property at your death

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:22:23 PM

.............one reason more and more of our economy is underground; i.e. cash only or bartering. No records for the tax Nazi's.
zolace

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:27:52 PM

.............one reason more and more of our economy is underground; i.e. cash only or bartering. No records for the tax Nazi's.
Yep.

I don't like paying taxes but I understand the need.

But when it gets to the point where I'm losing 50% and some money is being taxed two/three times, I'm going to start "doing this to reduce my taxes."

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 04:55:44 PM

Yep.

I don't like paying taxes but I understand the need.

But when it gets to the point where I'm losing 50% and some money is being taxed two/three times, I'm going to start "doing this to reduce my taxes."

This whole problem would be easily solved with a simple flat tax rate and careful money management but I have yet seen a government of even a medium sized country even consider it so if their country collapses it's their own fault as far as I'm concerned.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: