Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:59:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kitco (Gold) News: Bitcoin Is The New Gold: FreedomFest Speaker  (Read 1226 times)
Slingshot (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:13:17 AM

Kitco (Gold) News: Bitcoin Is The New Gold: FreedomFest Speaker

“Bitcoin today is a new form of information theory, which is the major system of the world,” he says. “I think that Bitcoin is the new gold, it works with gold.” Gilder adds that he expects to see Bitcoin prices and gold prices reach a stable relationship overtime. “In my book, I show that the rise of Bitcoin today parallels the rise of gold at the beginning of the 18th century.” Tune in now to hear why he likes the cryptocurrency.

http://www.kitco.com/news/video/show/FreedomFest-2014/730/2014-07-15/Bitcoin-Is-The-New-Gold-FreedomFest-Speaker

My Own Conclusions:

Bitcoin is the strongest store of value ever created. - That's my own personal analysis after years of analysis. And nothing is apt to ever change my mind until something finally comes along and greatly overwhelms Bitcoin. But note: that is not at all likely until decades from today where Bitcoin is ever so slowly and finally out matched from a demand standpoint at some point far off into the distant future. And it almost certainly wont be apt to occur swiftly either, but instead ever so gradually, whenever Bitcoin is finally greatly outmatched. Of course these are merely my own conclusions. Others also share these same conclusions. But *The reader must do their own due diligence to find out why I came to these conclusions. Do take any one's word for anything when it comes to one's money and investments. Always do your own due diligence.

Consider starting to learn about Bitcoin here:
---------------------------------------------------
http://www.coindesk.com/information/ - a great beginners guide to Bitcoin
http://nakamotoinstitute.org/literature/ - an advanced due diligence research portal
https://bitcoin.org/ - Bitcoin's homepage and the official download site for Bitcoin wallets

Once people learn and really understand Bitcoin they almost all quickly end up loving and soon embracing Bitcoin.

In conclusion: We won over many gold bugs already. And soon almost every one of them will be sold on the value and strength of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is "Digital Gold 2.0"
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ghazelhyt

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:42:45 AM

i do agree that both gold and bitcoin and help with inflation, which fiat currency cant resisit
but there are foundermental difference, for gold, it doesnt depteciate because it is useful in our daily lives like making weapons and jewellery, so there is steady demand. But for bitcoin, there is no steady need, we cant use bitcoin to make anything, so it's somehow only a currency without giv control. And there is potential thread from other cryptocurrencies.
Gargulan

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:51:45 AM

i do agree that both gold and bitcoin and help with inflation, which fiat currency cant resisit
but there are foundermental difference, for gold, it doesnt depteciate because it is useful in our daily lives like making weapons and jewellery, so there is steady demand. But for bitcoin, there is no steady need, we cant use bitcoin to make anything, so it's somehow only a currency without giv control. And there is potential thread from other cryptocurrencies.

Good analysis.

And now that bitcoin is being regulated, does it still hold the same value as it has before?

Mieehayii

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:28:00 AM

"Bitcoin Is The New Gold" I knew it many years ago

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:28:52 AM

I think that Bitcoin is the new gold, it works with gold.” Gilder adds that he expects to see Bitcoin prices and gold prices reach a stable relationship overtime.

Well considering this is from the Kitco website pretty damn good news Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:15:35 PM

Bitcoiners and gold bugs should not fight each other but join forces instead. They have a lot in common and can learn from each other. Both are mostly libertarian and like a free economy based on sound money.

That article is a step in the right direction.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:57:00 PM

The thing about gold is that there are a group of people that think that for some reason its the only thing acceptable to be used as money.

So long as there isn't anything inherently holy about gold as money then Bitcoin should work.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:03:57 PM

The thing about gold is that there are a group of people that think that for some reason its the only thing acceptable to be used as money.

So long as there isn't anything inherently holy about gold as money then Bitcoin should work.

I think that those people would value any tangible object as a useful money actually
Silver bars copper bars and the sort its just gold is the most convenient and valuable per pound among them
Less Pallidum etc.

But yes Bitcoin should work if gold isn't the only item they will accept.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: