Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:14:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any hints for building a slim blockchain explorer?  (Read 1074 times)
fancyDog (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:16:54 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 03:02:13 PM by fancyDog

I am currently doing a project which is required to refer to the transactions of some specific addresses which would allow me to get the unspent transactions of the those addresses. I have evaluated some of the blockchain explorers, however, they are too heavy to me since I don't need the whole blockchain.

I don't prefer connecting to the API that currently available online due to stability reason so I am thinking to develop a very slim blockchain explorer for this which I can call locally.

Do you have any hints/suggestion for me so that I can refer to? Thanks a lot.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:05:34 AM

When you say specific addresses, do you mean one or more addresses that will not change throughout your project and which are known beforehand? If its like that, then yeah, you wouldn't need the whole blockchain, but otherwise you do need it.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
fancyDog (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:21:43 AM

The addresses will be generated in runtime.

what I am actually doing is to generate an address in runtime and starting from then, coins will be deposited to this(these) address(es). And so, I could make an assumption that there is no transaction related to this address in the previous blocks and I can capture the blocks starting from the time when I generate the address. So I think I don't need the whole blockchain.
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:01:54 PM

as slim as it gets: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244041.0
fancyDog (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:13:24 AM

I found that multibit sync the block very fast and having small block data.

Does anyone know how it works?
I am thinking if I can leverage it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: