Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:15:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My wallet is stolen! (10 BTC)  (Read 7713 times)
poisenrang

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:54:23 PM

its simple, your just fucked no way to get it back. Cry

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Peter882

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:20:21 PM

Well you may want to check into this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=725205.new#new

Apparently, the Zipcoin wallet had for a while some sort of backdoor trojan or keylogger or something attached to it, and you mentioned Zipcoin, so there.

Yuck, another malicious altcoin wallet that is built to steal bitcoin. Sad
People wanting the download altcoin wallets should really check the source and compile from source themselves.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:23:39 PM

Apparently, the Zipcoin wallet had for a while some sort of backdoor trojan or keylogger or something attached to it, and you mentioned Zipcoin, so there.

People wanting the download altcoin wallets should really check the source and compile from source themselves.

most people dont have the skills or the time to check source code, let alone fully check it.

Better to just have a "crap machine" where nothing critical is on and you can reinstall the OS frequently.

DumDumz

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:31:04 PM

Maybe Next Time Make a Private Computer !!
and many protect

Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:07:35 PM

This is why you should use offline wallet or paper wallet to hold your bitcoin.
You won't lose your precious bitcoin for malware, hacking, phishing links, etc.
cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:17:08 PM

It could be the private keys were compromised when you were making the cold wallet.

Its a shame you lost a huge amount..

Theres that scenario and then theres the hackers situation.
BowieMan

Activity: 154

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:20:33 PM

Today I saw that my offline wallet is empty.  Cry
Someone has transferred all my 10 BTC.  Cry

Date: 7/16/2014 22:28
To: 1C1qWEU2xrh7CTFWVxohs9JzFiLDC6bXMs
Debit: -10.00 BTC
Transaction fee: -0.0001 BTC
Net amount: -10.0001 BTC
Transaction ID: b1de73c8ffd10d31f9e2fecf93b4d0afe4b3e0a2ec75fb1ef72ae7671a747c29

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do please?

How could this happen?

Nobody has physical access to my computer.

My backup wallet is on usb flash in safe place.

I'm so sorry to hear that! The thread is already a month old. How did this play out? Did you manage to get your Bitcoin back or was the thieve able to get away without a problem? It really is a sad thing. I guess malware or keyloggers were responsible for the theft.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:09:41 PM

This is not too good at all. There is not anything much you can do now that the transaction has taken place and the BTC has been taken out. I would probably read up more on how to store your bitcoins better before attempting again. I am sorry to see you have had a loss.
Coinnilingus

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:04:44 AM

that's a bummer, with today's difficulty--mining that back is gonna take a very long time. 
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:49:51 AM

So any news about that?

Bitcoin transactions are irreversible, so pretty much nothing to do.

Maybe you got some rogue friend that managed to get to your cold computer.

Or your pendrive is compromissed and you plugued it in some internet computer, the damage was already done.

Or just a plain lie, like people are saying.
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:52:07 AM

I'm so sorry man. I would assume some sort of keylogger, what else could it be?
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:56:28 AM

this is heart breaking. I've never reached that big amount of BTC, and to think it'll just be gone over a hack

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:05:39 AM

The security is very bad, like my friends always lost in her purse for some poor safeguards what my friend sloppy in the data store or at login time, anywhere.

I am so scared about this btc keep in your wallet too much, her sense of eager to sell. but I own to play at home and safe safe because no one is clicking my computer access.

whether it is the act of phishing?
BowieMan

Activity: 154

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:48:43 AM

that's a bummer, with today's difficulty--mining that back is gonna take a very long time. 

It actually doesn't come back to the mining difficulty, but rather which miners are available and to which margin the big mining facilities are already pushing the whole mining game. If you have access to cheap electricity, you may be fine, but otherwise just forget about it immediately, I guess. Mining isn't profitable doing at home anymore!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:38:21 AM

So any news about that?

Bitcoin transactions are irreversible, so pretty much nothing to do.

Maybe you got some rogue friend that managed to get to your cold computer.

Or your pendrive is compromissed and you plugued it in some internet computer, the damage was already done.

Or just a plain lie, like people are saying.

Yes there are a few options, the heist could have been avoided with better safe guards
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:07:06 PM

Im sorry for you, thats big loss :/
Read more about computer security
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:22:10 PM

I always store my savings in offline wallets (cold storage) encrypting them with a very long password.
There's no way for an hacker to steal them because they are never been plugged in a connected computer.
blumangroup

Activity: 350

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:35:13 AM

I always store my savings in offline wallets (cold storage) encrypting them with a very long password.
There's no way for an hacker to steal them because they are never been plugged in a connected computer.
+1 on this one. If you ever have any significant amount of BTC you should always use some kind of cold storage. It is just too risky to keep 6k+ on your computer that you have connected to the internet.

You should have used a watch-only wallet that can monitor the activity of the addresses.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
devonne

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:17:04 AM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_set_up_a_secure_offline_savings_wallet

follow this link to prevent yourself from those attack
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 09:30:40 AM

+1 on this one. If you ever have any significant amount of BTC you should always use some kind of cold storage. It is just too risky to keep 6k+ on your computer that you have connected to the internet.

You should have used a watch-only wallet that can monitor the activity of the addresses.

Yeah at the very least you should have a clean dedicated computer for storing btc that only connects to the internet when you want to send / receive bitcoin. Anything over 1 btc should be stored offline in my opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: