Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:12:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin long time perspective  (Read 1118 times)
den.faulkner1990 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:23:51 AM

Hello everyone. Are you using Bitcoin like a a tool for keeping savings? For example i want to keep into Bitcoins money for a child's education. If you look at Bitcoin course now it looks pretty good idea but what about 5 or 10 years? Will it increase with decreasing rewards for block? Or when there will be no reward and etc. Are somebody uses BTC for these purposes?
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:27:02 AM

Crypto currencies are high risk investments. Only invest what you can afford to lose.
johnathan32

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:29:42 AM

I use for these purposes, by the look of it more cost Bitcoin, that slowly the world is moving towards the virtual coins. And I can tell you that there are some people who are sure that in a few years people will buy only with Bitcoin, if it helps
gbooz

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:54:07 PM

It is a question of the point of view. The glass is half full or half empty. At the moment expectations regarding the BTC are high. Time will show if it was correct.
gbooz

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:59:49 PM

... and I also think, that acceptance of BTC will grow in parallel with the increasing legal regulations from the government authorities.
scorchingsun

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:16:21 PM

I'm confident about the long term success of bitcoin! It'll have a bright and SUNNY future!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:49:06 PM

Hello everyone. Are you using Bitcoin like a a tool for keeping savings? For example i want to keep into Bitcoins money for a child's education. If you look at Bitcoin course now it looks pretty good idea but what about 5 or 10 years? Will it increase with decreasing rewards for block? Or when there will be no reward and etc. Are somebody uses BTC for these purposes?

whatever money i consider as toilet money (money spent on a night out for drinks and food that will just end up in a toilet the next day) i invest in bitcoin. and that is my retirement nestegg..

with ever increasing costs to make due to difficulty and reward halvings, the price of bitcoin WILL increase to compensate, as no one (excusing idiots) would sell at a loss (i include panicking fud believers in the idiot category) so the price WILL rise.

but yea if your not sure, remember the hard rule of investing..
dont throw all your eggs into one basket.

.. so yea i have other retirement plans too to protect myself but my opinion is that bitcoin is going to be the leading reason of my retirement happinss

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:57:26 PM

tools on internet not controled by professionnal or commercial peoples ... work and stay online.
bitcoin will stay at work.

like all P2P file sharing network ... (ed2k have more than 15 years of live and always exist in this essence of network ... only client have change over the time).

waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 11:22:16 PM

whatever money i consider as toilet money (money spent on a night out for drinks and food that will just end up in a toilet the next day) i invest in bitcoin. and that is my retirement nestegg..

with ever increasing costs to make due to difficulty and reward halvings, the price of bitcoin WILL increase to compensate, as no one (excusing idiots) would sell at a loss (i include panicking fud believers in the idiot category) so the price WILL rise.

.. so yea i have other retirement plans too to protect myself but my opinion is that bitcoin is going to be the leading reason of my retirement happinss

i agree my idea of hedging against risk

buy physical silver and bitcoin ... profit

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
den.faulkner1990 (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:54:41 AM

i agree my idea of hedging against risk

buy physical silver and bitcoin ... profit

are the physical silver stable?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 09:47:15 AM

expect zero value and then think again if it is good for saving  Tongue

its high risk, not a safe haven.