Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:52:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy open orders not executing  (Read 1167 times)
enter`name`here (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:09:10 PM

I have recently been trying my hand at trading alt coins via cryptsy, all was going well untill last sunday. I had an open LTC position and placed a sell order for 0.01469 btc/ltc and then went to a hockey game. When i came home insaw that the price had risen above .0147 yet my order went unfilled and i am infact still left holding the LTC. I took a screenshot of my order and of the chart that clearly shows the time stamp on my oder is before the candle that includes the price rise to .0147.  I am at work now but can post the screenshot later this evening.

I submitted a ticket to cryptsy but have not gotten a response back yet. I was wondering if anyone has had this happen before and if so what the outcome was, did cryptsy do anything to rectify the situation ?

I would like to commit larger amounts of btc to my trading activity as i had bern profitable up to this point, but i am wary of doing so if i cant rely on my orders executing!
chaosPT

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:54:40 PM

I have recently been trying my hand at trading alt coins via cryptsy, all was going well untill last sunday. I had an open LTC position and placed a sell order for 0.01469 btc/ltc and then went to a hockey game. When i came home insaw that the price had risen above .0147 yet my order went unfilled and i am infact still left holding the LTC. I took a screenshot of my order and of the chart that clearly shows the time stamp on my oder is before the candle that includes the price rise to .0147.  I am at work now but can post the screenshot later this evening.

I submitted a ticket to cryptsy but have not gotten a response back yet. I was wondering if anyone has had this happen before and if so what the outcome was, did cryptsy do anything to rectify the situation ?

I would like to commit larger amounts of btc to my trading activity as i had bern profitable up to this point, but i am wary of doing so if i cant rely on my orders executing!

Some time they have bad lag or your internet connection are slow .
enter`name`here (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:20:29 PM

Is a FIFTEEN min delay normal?
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 03:09:32 AM

cryptsy support sucks.  It takes them days to answer once on a ticket.
enter`name`here (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:26:52 PM

cryptsy support sucks.  It takes them days to answer once on a ticket.

No joke, i submitted my ticket a week ago and no response. Very unprofessional, at this point i'd prefer a please fuck off letter to this silence.
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:43:54 PM

First let me say sorry you had that issue. Typically something like this is caused on the browser side. Or a rogue web server though that is pretty rare. Both are usually fixed with logging out shutting down your browser and possibly clearing your cache.

Why so long for your ticket? Well here is what happens your ticket false into the realm of most agents do not know the answer. So it is escalated to the Tier II department. In this scenario my guess is the agent tried to work on it for a bit and recreate it. He/She was unable and escalated to Tier III support where the lead time is much longer. So sorry for the delay and hopefully you do not have this issue in the future.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:42:23 PM

cryptsy support sucks.  It takes them days to answer once on a ticket.

No joke, i submitted my ticket a week ago and no response. Very unprofessional, at this point i'd prefer a please fuck off letter to this silence.

I would stay away as i can from cryptsy, i had similar bad experiences there, not to mention how many times deposits of some coins that were insanely pumped, didnt went through until the pumping/dumping was over,even when confirmations were 4-5x of required amount.

Also, i have seen that many times certain coins get bought off insanely on other exchanges, and then cryptsy adds them the next day.. pure inside info trading,shamefull

Just stay away, its a shady site, useless support and questionable admin.
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:44:59 AM

, didnt went through until the pumping/dumping was over,even when confirmations were 4-5x of required amount.
This happened a couple times and was completely related to an overwhelming number of deposits to a single threaded wallet. We have new systems that better handle this now but many altcoin wallet just cant handle that many inputs in a block. DOGE for instance would have 200 inputs to our wallet every time it found a block which with DOGE is very fast. Any fast block time coin has this issue.

Also, i have seen that many times certain coins get bought off insanely on other exchanges, and then cryptsy adds them the next day.. pure inside info trading,shamefull
We do competitive adds meaning other exchanges have high volume we will add the coin http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/info I would not call using that site insider trading.

Just stay away, its a shady site, useless support and questionable admin.
Keep these things in mind:
- Cryptsy is a public company and is US based with over 40 employees. You can drive there and visit:
160 Congress Park Dr Suite 101
Delray Beach, FL 33445
- We are led by our fearless leader Paul Vernon an actual face you can find at just about any Bitcoin conference.
- We have quarterly audits by a 3rd party CPA firm to ensure existence of funds.
- We have just finished an audit on June 30th for our crytocurrency balances, which is why we held off on launching USD until July 1st.
- We practice stringent security practices which have kept us running for well over a year and a half.
- We work hard to stay compliant with Federal laws ensuring your funds are not seized. ACAM certified CFO.

Many of the exchanges that have popped up are unknown entities run by shadowy figures outside of the regulations. Common practices I have noted other exchanges running:
- Fractional Reserves to include using customers funds to trade on their markets for perceived volume utilizing site integrated bots.
- Volume numbers that are fictional and fake order books in order to give folks the impression they are bigger or more successful than they are.
      - I have found numerous exchanges reporting volume numbers that essentially state their customers typically put .04 BTC or more per trade that is quite a bit more than BTC-e or Cryptsy per trade numbers
- Collusion between groups of coin "developers" to bring coins onto their exchange to move the perceived volume onto. Usually involving bribes.
      - Some exchanges even do this publicly.
- Incredibly unsafe security practices.
      - Complete bypass of security questions.
      - No utilization of cold wallets.
      - Major DB vulnerabilities compromising not only wallet but account info.
      - Addition of coins with no coin code review.
- Running outside of the law in countries where its only a matter of time before funds are seized.
      - Several of these companies are based in the EU or the US running outside of compliance laws. Believing these only apply to FIAT. Some completely unregistered.

Anyhow that is my rant Cryptsy does everything we can to stay above board. Bottom line your coin is safe here and we appreciate all of our customers.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 12:54:44 AM

Explain this, why the long wait?  No, the "tiers" were never changed.  You should fire Horus. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: