Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:40:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Dell is now the world's largest ecommerce business to accept #bitcoin"  (Read 5722 times)
abacus

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

a clockwork miner

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:49:52 PM

Bitcoin is active in dell.com checked today

This might be available only in the US

It seems it's the current standard: also buying from Overstock with BTC is limited to US only.

The hope is that they would sell worldwide at a later time.
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:12:44 PM

Still waiting for Amazon to join in.

What about Ebay and Paypal?

Paypal accepting Bitcoin? That would be ironic. I imagine it being more accepted on there, as in the terms, but not a wallet.
DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:15:28 PM

Paypal accepting Bitcoin? That would be ironic. I imagine it being more accepted on there, as in the terms, but not a wallet.

Well some big guy back at eBay said that he actually bought some BTC and confirmed that eBay has to integrate cryptocurrencies into PayPal at some point. The market did a small run that day. They're well aware of bitcoin and observing it, I guess. Better join it or be left behind. (If they can't destroy it Tongue)

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
harlenadler

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

Agent of Chaos

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:37:07 PM

Have they released any numbers, like how Overstock did?
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:39:18 PM

Big news. How much longer can the price continue to ignore these developments?

I wonder that too, how can Dell and Newegg accept bitcoin, and the price does not budge?

What the hell?
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:49:50 PM

I wonder that too, how can Dell and Newegg accept bitcoin, and the price does not budge?

What the hell?

This can be the calm before the tempest, I think with all those positive news the price is about to rally soon.
If you take a look at gbianchi charts you can see we are really low considering the average btc increasing value during those years.
elux (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:21:22 PM

What the hell?

These are the doldrums. Same thing happened last year.

The good news was relentless, but the price didn't move. And then it did.

fred1111

Activity: 160
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:31:01 PM

Only the dumbest og the dumb buy on good news. Most of the crowd buys in the collective bullish euphoria.
DjPxH

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:43:45 PM

Only the dumbest og the dumb buy on good news. Most of the crowd buys in the collective bullish euphoria.

Some people try to fish for the bottom. And good news might trigger a price increase. That's also what day-traders try to do. They use every minor news and market movement to justify their trades. And since they all do the same TA, they buy at the same time and thus create a rising price. It's a risky business, though.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 02:45:17 PM

soon other will follow.

I am interested about Smiley what do you think : when Apple will accept BTC in their Apple's Stores ? Cheesy

Perhaps never ... but Smiley seems like not easy to predict.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:52:43 AM

Some people try to fish for the bottom. And good news might trigger a price increase. That's also what day-traders try to do. They use every minor news and market movement to justify their trades. And since they all do the same TA, they buy at the same time and thus create a rising price. It's a risky business, though.

The price needed a correction and some stability before going up higher because there are still a lot of BTC that arrive on markets from miners; inflation, economical instability, qualities of Bitcoin and mining reward halves will push the price to thousands of dollars in 2015 or 2016

soon other will follow.

I am interested about Smiley what do you think : when Apple will accept BTC in their Apple's Stores ? Cheesy

Perhaps never ... but Smiley seems like not easy to predict.

They could accept it in 2015 but Amazon, Paypal ect. will probably accept it before
cassimares

Activity: 236

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 11:53:22 AM

I would prefer google & intel to start accept bitcoin

rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 04:40:39 PM

More than bigger merchants getting in  I would like that buyers start adopting it over other mode of payments. Don't know if intel's adoption will create in boom in short term , but surely if Google gets in that's gonna be huge

Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:12:10 PM

Both Google and Intel really do not sell anything directly to consumers. Most of what they sell are things that are B2B transactions. I think this kind of bitcoin related commerce is a long ways away (at least a year), however when this type of commerce does start to happen the demand for bicoin will likely increase a lot and so will the price.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:58:29 AM

Both Google and Intel really do not sell anything directly to consumers. Most of what they sell are things that are B2B transactions. I think this kind of bitcoin related commerce is a long ways away (at least a year), however when this type of commerce does start to happen the demand for bicoin will likely increase a lot and so will the price.

it would be good to move on towards B2B. that way, when dell or any other retailer sells anything, it doesn't need to use coinbase or any 3rd party after making a sale; instead it can just send the bitcoins directly to google, and if googles chooses, they can cash it out.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:02:48 AM

Google could accept bitcoins for ad-sense, for example. I think there are others services directly for customers.

And I can't find the bitcoin option from my local store, I guess only Dell-USA accepts Bitcoin.

Chicowash

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:13:25 AM

That would be great if another big guys would start to accept BTC, there should be a jump in the price already, i guess that this is the calm period of the year, that is why BTC price is not moving alot.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:15:54 AM

That would be great if another big guys would start to accept BTC, there should be a jump in the price already, i guess that this is the calm period of the year, that is why BTC price is not moving alot.

I think retailers like Dell and Dish and Newegg (Dell is obviously bigger) accepting BTC is already sort of priced in. This sort of thing is already expected IMO. And we're a long ways off from giants like Amazon accepting it, I think, since Bitpay, etc wouldn't be able to handle the volume.

Unbelive

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:46:27 PM

But there were some talks about Paypal accepting BTC. You can goggle it out. At high level, just no exact date.

Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:12:27 PM

But there were some talks about Paypal accepting BTC. You can goggle it out. At high level, just no exact date.

There was news in which Ebay CEO said about integrating digital currencies with Paypal but no concrete step has been taken as of now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: