Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:49:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dell is now the world's largest ecommerce business to accept BTC  (Read 1742 times)
rohnearner (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 04:41:49 PM

Dell is now officially accepting Bitcoins Smiley

https://twitter.com/MichaelDell/status/490162239983599616

Press Release : http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/direct2dell/b/direct2dell/archive/2014/07/18/we-re-now-accepting-bitcoin-on-dell-com.aspx

Its happening .

Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:54:07 PM

Its great news for Bitcoin and many other ecommerce sites may follow similar trend. Acche din for Bitcoin Grin
rohnearner (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 04:59:18 PM

Its great news for Bitcoin and many other ecommerce sites may follow similar trend. Acche din for Bitcoin Grin
Bitcoin has already seen so many " Acche Din " only question that should be asked is whether they are coming back again .? HOPE SO , I can see all the reasons influencing btc in good manner. lets see if something similar happens this November as Nov2013.

EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:32:23 AM

Bitcoin has already seen so many " Acche Din " only question that should be asked is whether they are coming back again .? HOPE SO , I can see all the reasons influencing btc in good manner. lets see if something similar happens this November as Nov2013.

It would be nice for it to finally rise though
8 Billion market cap for a while now.

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:27:29 AM

It would be nice for it to finally rise though
8 Billion market cap for a while now.

Its the same all over again. Bitcoin has reached some sort of visibility that this doesn't change much. What it does instead is another way to spend your Bitcoins which just amounts to selling pressure. Something different still needs to happen for Bitcoin to take off.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

rohnearner (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 08:16:50 AM

Its the same all over again. Bitcoin has reached some sort of visibility that this doesn't change much. What it does instead is another way to spend your Bitcoins which just amounts to selling pressure. Something different still needs to happen for Bitcoin to take off.
Yeah Adoption isn't making much of impact lately like it used to be when bitcoin was not much known, but if eCommerce sites like ebay or amazon jumps in that'll surely take it up. 

Equate

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:25:16 PM

Yeah Adoption isn't making much of impact lately like it used to be when bitcoin was not much known, but if eCommerce sites like ebay or amazon jumps in that'll surely take it up. 

There had been news of ebay's interest in bitcoin in the past but still nothing concrete yet. And Dell's adoption of BTC will have impact on BTC adoption by other sites , its just a matter of time.
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:45:55 PM

This is indeed great news
Hopefully, this will help mainstream it a little more
The tipping point is hopefully just around the corner

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:00:52 AM

There had been news of ebay's interest in bitcoin in the past but still nothing concrete yet. And Dell's adoption of BTC will have impact on BTC adoption by other sites , its just a matter of time.

Again, adoption like this won't increase buying pressure. Initially it was creating some buying demand as it was gaining more visibility, but not so much now. Instead you have more ways to sell.

Something else needs to happen for Bitcoin to rise.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Equate

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:28:00 AM

Again, adoption like this won't increase buying pressure. Initially it was creating some buying demand as it was gaining more visibility, but not so much now. Instead you have more ways to sell.

Something else needs to happen for Bitcoin to rise.

Bitcoin market is still more speculative than anything and adoption or any other good news definitely has impact on BTC economy , though it takes some time and doesn't get pumped as used to occur earlier.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 04:31:07 PM

I called Dell on Friday to check on some hardware.
Got through to the sales guy who got us on a conf call with a pretty senior chap from their technology team.
We began the call and I asked him if he had heard about Bitcoin.
His flat out answer was 'yes. it has been banned no?'
I lost my temper and said 'For a person working with high technology, you don't seem to know much about the same' Smiley

Felt quite bad that I had done that until later when the Dell news came out.
Forwarded the Blog to him Smiley

rohnearner (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 04:59:18 PM

I called Dell on Friday to check on some hardware.
Got through to the sales guy who got us on a conf call with a pretty senior chap from their technology team.
We began the call and I asked him if he had heard about Bitcoin.
His flat out answer was 'yes. it has been banned no?'
I lost my temper and said 'For a person working with high technology, you don't seem to know much about the same' Smiley

Felt quite bad that I had done that until later when the Dell news came out.
Forwarded the Blog to him Smiley
So if I got it right , this incident took place same day when  Dell officially announced that " They are now accepting bitcoins " and that " Senior chap "didn't knew about it that's totally lame  , is it that hard to subscribe to blog feed of company you work with .?
 I guess he was just another lazy a*s living in oblivion.   

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 05:02:10 PM

His domain knowledge was awesome. He knew everything that I needed in terms of the hardware.

What annoyed me was that he made such a statement without even reading up a wee bit more. It was annoying that all he read was banned.
It was the equivalent of me asking if the RAM that he was suggesting was banned.

And yeah, happened on the same day.. Was mindblown when I saw the news on the same day.

Equate

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:44:57 PM

His domain knowledge was awesome. He knew everything that I needed in terms of the hardware.

What annoyed me was that he made such a statement without even reading up a wee bit more. It was annoying that all he read was banned.
It was the equivalent of me asking if the RAM that he was suggesting was banned.

And yeah, happened on the same day.. Was mindblown when I saw the news on the same day.

Just for fun , have some chat with him again and lets see how updated he is now about Bitcoin ,  after Dell has accepted Bitcoin payments.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 05:58:53 PM

lol yeah.. I have a call with him tomorrow morning.

rohnearner (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 07:50:35 PM

lol yeah.. I have a call with him tomorrow morning.
haha thats gonna be humiliating  for him, and Pls do you best to make him feel that. :p [I'm evil]
 I'm sure he must have done all the research about it in last couple of days , But don't get surprised when he'll say " bitcoin is insolvent " because mt-gox went insolvent [that is one of the most absurd  thing I have heard from one of tech friends]

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 05:58:57 AM

Only Dell USA is accepting Bitcoin as far as I know.
I am not sure if Dell India or for that matter other Dell X country is also accepting it.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:30:06 AM

Only Dell USA is accepting Bitcoin as far as I know.
I am not sure if Dell India or for that matter other Dell X country is also accepting it.

Regards

Nopes... only DELL USA for now.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 09:46:38 AM

Have asked them. They said that they'll let me know soon.

bitcoinkerala

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

https://btcjam.com/users/39914

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 10:08:14 AM

Have asked them. They said that they'll let me know soon.

I am not sure about Dell accepting Bitcoin in India .. Maybe after 2 or 3 years sure , coz fucked up RBI wont even allow foreign entities to work as foreign company but should start a subsidiary company in India so that it follows the regulation of RBI .. Even to have e-wallet integrated to your website needs  2-3 years worth of Paperwork and bribing .. Flipkart have ewallet , Amazon.in don't .. we definitely need a coinbase alternative in India .. RBI wont give any special permission or give out rules for how Bitcoin start-up should work until they see those companies making lot of profit and then the GOVT will force RBI so that they together can suck more money from people and put in their Swiss accounts

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: