Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:40:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BREAKING NEWS] DELL is now accepting Bitcoin !!!  (Read 5784 times)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:27:52 PM

I wonder how long Amazon can now stay away from Bitcoin. They will be losing money and market share by the day.

The only problem I see is all these companies starting from OverStock, TigerDirect to DELL are accepting Bitcoin only for their US operation. What is point of accepting a global currency for a specific country ?

because when you roll out with something new, you use some test markets until you feel more secure with how everything works. once you're more comfortable that it won't destroy or adversely affect your business, you can take it worldwide.
LeMiner

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:29:39 PM

I wonder how long Amazon can now stay away from Bitcoin. They will be losing money and market share by the day.

The only problem I see is all these companies starting from OverStock, TigerDirect to DELL are accepting Bitcoin only for their US operation. What is point of accepting a global currency for a specific country ?

because when you roll out with something new, you use some test markets until you feel more secure with how everything works. once you're more comfortable that it won't destroy or adversely affect your business, you can take it worldwide.

Expedia accepted bitcoins world wide directly from the start Smiley
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 07:45:51 PM

Most of the companies I have worked with always buy dells. As more companies like this accept bitcoins, then companies that purchase their equipment via Dell will  be able to keep some of their bitcoin sales for making purchases.

I also tend to tell family to buy a Dell when they ask me what kind of computer to buy. Sure I could give them an idea of the best hardware out there and what gives the best speed and performance, etc. But when it comes to just a simple computer that you can use to surf the web and open M$ Office documents, Dell does what it needs to do.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:47:20 PM

great news. now that will help push those small independant retailers to accept bitcoin, because they can restock their shelves with dell computers and pay dell with bitcoins, without converting

Cheesy

we need more suppliers to do this Cheesy
Yup, this is amazing.  I suspect a bit of a domino effect with other major vendors hoping on the band wagon as well, especially after dell publishes their Q1 bitcoin related earnings Wink  I hope Micheal just decides to hold onto a good portion of them.

Basically accepting bitcoin for online computer retailers is no longer a competitive advantage but rather a necessity to survive.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:39:23 PM

How long is apple going to take now until they start accepting too?

From its' birth, Apple never tested other's shoe. It built its own hardware to run its own OS. Apple machines can still be serviced only by Apple. So I think, Apple will roll out its own coin that'll run only on Apple hardware by Apple software. This is how they'll compete the ASIC business Wink

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:08:57 PM

This is great!  Grin
Spying hardware is great?

Don't buy it. Just use the news to your benefit in how Bitcoin is changing the landscape of commerce.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:14:48 PM

I don't get why everyone is freaking out over the fact that you can pay with Bitcoins to be spied on.

If you do not buy stuff then you are okay.  Not sure what the problem is. Another large retailer is accepting Bitcoin which just made your Bitcoins worth a lot more.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:24:20 PM

Huge news! Another major company on the band wagon. Hopefully Apple gets in soon as well. 2014 is a watershed year for bit coin. 

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 11:03:56 PM

wohooooo! big one

Kayex

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:04:42 PM

Great news!
Dell has a lot of computer related stuff!
The fact that they accept bitcoin is showing proof that bitcoin is becoming a bigger coin! Smiley

pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:07:25 PM

This is awesome news! I'm waiting Microsoft and other bigger companies to step ahead now. Bitcoin's success is inevitable, every company will adopt in years. First adopters take market advantage. Wink
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:19:46 PM

This is awesome news! I'm waiting Microsoft and other bigger companies to step ahead now. Bitcoin's success is inevitable, every company will adopt in years. First adopters take market advantage. Wink

Again, dont bet on Microsoft and Apple. They'll release their own coin before accepting Bitcoin on their platform.

pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:25:41 PM

I don't think any company coin will success in even mid-term. You can't trust centralized systems, they don't have any difference than paper money or bank account numbers. I think at some time even the biggest companies can't deny this success and adopt Bitcoin eventually.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:30:30 PM

Exciting news. 

We are taking up the mantle of adoption of
at BitcoinAdoption.org.

Want more big companies on board?

Please send me the link to the petition
and we will publicize it.

Want more local businesses on board?
Check our incentive program and consider
donating.

Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 11:36:35 PM

Great news, I think in all honesty anything that shows Bitcoin holds real life value does nothing but good for it. Can't wait till they roll this out across the globe.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:44:32 PM

I don't get why everyone is freaking out over the fact that you can pay with Bitcoins to be spied on.

If you do not buy stuff then you are okay.  Not sure what the problem is. Another large retailer is accepting Bitcoin which just made your Bitcoins worth a lot more.

worth a lot more? how so? maybe in the future, but in present-day, it's worth roughly the same.
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:54:04 AM

worth a lot more? how so? maybe in the future, but in present-day, it's worth roughly the same.

Value is a function of purchasing power. You add a new place to use that purchasing power and it becomes worth more. Exchange rates are merely snapshots in time that don't always reflect the true value of something.   

51percemt

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:50:52 AM

This is really not true.

Bitcoin has a greater level of anonymity then using credit cards and other remittance methods. 
STAyre

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:52:19 AM

That is how bitcoins breaking news looks like:

http://www.academsmi.ru/forum/images/img-forum/2012/2012/05/1299193_1_44574-202707-468faade8f68a7df374d065e50af1dad.gif
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:08:29 AM

And Dell is almost out of business so they have to do something.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: