Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:44:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is wobber wrong?  (Read 2250 times)
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:37:52 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 06:40:22 PM by bitcoinsrus

I originally made the "Is wobber right?" thread because I genuinely believed he was on the right track.

Now that I reconsider, there might be a possibility that he might be a little off. August may come and go, but I think September has a possibility of touching the previous ATH (or close enough).

With the news of Dell, Newegg, NYC regulation etc, who knows what the next few months may bring.

Time will pass, August will come and go, September will come and go and the price won't even be 1000 again.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=686745.20
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message to Wobber: Thanks for being a good sport by responding to my previous thread numerous times (indicating that you understood that I made the thread to start speculation on your quote).

Again, I like that you speak your mind, even though it is not the most popular opinion and lets see what people comment on here  Grin
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:44:58 PM

I would love to be wrong. Because I would win by all my bitcoins value. I can see all the excellent news but cannot see the price going up so high soon.

LE: price will soon be irrelevant if we see some more big companies accepting bitcoins. As soon as I'll be able to buy at least McDonalds food I'll be able to live off pretty much solely on bitcoin.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:34:03 PM

I originally made the "Is wobber right?" thread because I genuinely believed he was on the right track.

Now that I reconsider, there might be a possibility that he might be a little off. August may come and go, but I think Summer has a possibility of touching the previous ATH (or close enough).

With the news of Dell, Newegg, NYC regulation etc, who knows what the next few months may bring.

Time will pass, August will come and go, September will come and go and the price won't even be 1000 again.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=686745.20
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message to Wobber: Thanks for being a good sport by responding to my previous thread numerous times (indicating that you understood that I made the thread to start speculation on your quote).

Again, I like that you speak your mind, even though it is not the most popular opinion and lets see what people comment on here  Grin

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin

do you see how far we are from trend we had?
i totaly agree that we wont see new ATH soon.
Being blinded by merchants accepting btc as payment, we fail to see that the real targeted audience are investors, and not merchants.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:44:59 PM

Being blinded by merchants accepting btc as payment, we fail to see that the real targeted audience are investors, and not merchants.

I'll take a few bits in the hand of every man and woman than many in hands of "investors" any day.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:09:41 PM

I would love to be wrong. Because I would win by all my bitcoins value. I can see all the excellent news but cannot see the price going up so high soon.

LE: price will soon be irrelevant if we see some more big companies accepting bitcoins. As soon as I'll be able to buy at least McDonalds food I'll be able to live off pretty much solely on bitcoin.

I'm curious too about companies like McDonalds and other fast food places trying out Bitcoin - thinking about how many credit card transactions they do every day/hour/minute makes me wonder if there would be significant savings in moving toward Bitcoin.

Not so much on an overall level (since Bitcoin transactions would be incredibly small relatively, at first) but on an individual transaction basis.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:33:20 PM

Any idea what the "minimum charge" for credit card companies are? I know its fixed amount plus % ... what's the fixed amount? For small txns bitcoin could potentially make a big difference.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:58:01 PM

Any idea what the "minimum charge" for credit card companies are? I know its fixed amount plus % ... what's the fixed amount? For small txns bitcoin could potentially make a big difference.

Large companies do authorizations (which are free) and then submit the actual transactions as batches, so they spread the fixed amount across many transactions.  That fixed amount is up to 30 cents, but can be less when you have the volume to negotiate.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:02:52 PM

I'm curious too about companies like McDonalds and other fast food places trying out Bitcoin - thinking about how many credit card transactions they do every day/hour/minute makes me wonder if there would be significant savings in moving toward Bitcoin.

Not so much on an overall level (since Bitcoin transactions would be incredibly small relatively, at first) but on an individual transaction basis.

bitcoin doesn't currently support more than 7 transactions per second, changing this requires a fork.
obviously mcdonalds will require alot more than 7tps.
maker88

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:15:51 PM

so you don't see anyone at all investing in the GABI hedge fund? they're just gunna launch that and watch it flop? you think they would have gone through the expense to get that squared away if investors weren't already interested? what about NY passing down regulations now, that just an exercise in futility too? i think the investors are coming in as quietly as they can right now. soon they won't be able to hide.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: