Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:19:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCJamScam.com - Scammer Index - Now With More SEO  (Read 795 times)
wrayjustin (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 06:49:40 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 03:10:22 AM by wrayjustin

Introduction:

BTCJam Scam is a Scammer Index of BTC Jam users who have failed to pay back their loans.

The index contains two types of reports:  Late and Defaulted.

Users can add a new scammer, add new reports for a listed scammer, or update information about scammers all through the site.  No registration is required!

Update:

SEO Update

One of the primary goals behind BTCJam Scam is to discourage BTCJam borrowers from defaulting by public shaming.  The newest updates to the site dramatically increase the SEO of the site, resulting in higher search engine rankings.  This means that even common searches for the legal names of the scammers will likely result in our reports showing on the first page of results.

This is critical.  While there might be legal and financial repercussions to scamming on BTCJam, this new reporting mechanism offered by BTCJam Scam can have lasting impacts on the scammers ability to do other business.  Potential employers, friends, family, and of course potential victims might all learn the true nature of the individual.

Now, some of the secondary goals of BTCJam Scam also benefit from better SEO.  For example, another goal of BTCJam Scam is to assist with Debt Collection (regardless of who is doing the collection).  BTCJam Scam allows us, as a community, to crowd-source identity research.  So, easy searching on both the site, but also search engines will certainly assist with this.

And the most obvious, saving potential victims from being scammer.  Even if they don't know of BTCJam, it's possible they will uncover the report from simply searching the contact details of the scammer.

Report Editing Update

Another addition (though this has been available for a while now) is that any user can update a report to add information that is currently missing.  That is, the field must be currently empty.  This allows us to all work together to uncover the identity and information on the various scammers who are listed.

FAQ:

I was scammed, can I add the scammer to the index?Yes, that is exactly what the service is all about.  It's free, requires no registration and will take only a few moments of your time.
I don't know the Scammers ____random info______, what do I do?Just leave that field blank.  If you, or someone else figures i out later, it can be added at that time.
What's the most important elements of information for a report?Aside from the required fields:  Full Name, and Location (City/State/Country) are always the most important.
I'm really good at finding people online, how can I contribute?You can just update existing reports with whatever information you can find.  Full Name, and Location (City/State/Country) are always the most important.
Where do I get the BTCJam User ID?You can obtain the BTCJam User ID from the URL of the BTCJam User's profile, it's the numbers at the end.
Where do I get the BTCJam Listing ID?You can obtain the BTCJam Listing ID from the URL of the BTCJam Listing, it's the numbers at the end.
Something I entered is incorrect and I can't edit it!That's not a question!  But, it's no problem - just contact us (contact information found on the site).
HELP!  Fraudulent information is posted!That's also not a question!  But, it's also no problem - just contact us (contact information found on the site) and we'll sort it out.

Original Announcement Post:

Hey Lenders,

For those of you who use BTCJam, I've put together a site that allows lenders to submit those who are failing to meet their payment obligations or have defaulted.

BTCJam Scam http://btcjamscam.com

You can submit your note information, as well as any information you can find on the Scammer. This allows public shaming and, with good SEO, should cause their scam to show up when people Google their real name (so long as you actually have their real name). It can also potentially stop others from getting scammed by the same user.

You can search by their Username, Real Name, Email, etc. Submitting a scammer is easy and the form provides a lot of built in identification fields (which are optional), it also allows you to provide an "offer" to the scammer for settling the debt.

We all know BTCJam can be great - but we need to protect ourselfs and impose steep penalties for defaulting.

Any questions, comments, or feedback, please do let me know!

Happy Loaning!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:33:17 PM

A very good initiative! I hope more people contribute and publish the personal info of these a**holes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: