Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:35:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple BAT - Internet UP? No?...okay, keep trying  (Read 1405 times)
NothinG (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 07:58:16 AM

Code:
@echo off
REM - A simple batch file to do a constant ping even if the server is unreachable
:pingGoogle
@echo on
ping google.com -t
@echo off
goto :pingGoogle

The power and internet at my house kept going on and off, so I made a batch file to let me know when it was online so I could make a post.
Pretty much a really useless script.

I would have just left: ping google.com -t running...except if there was no internet connection, it would kill the ping and wait for a new ping attempt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 03:41:30 PM

Yeah, continue to spam google with packets. They will, think you are trying to DDoS them(unlikely to happen with a single computer especially to bring down google)

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
NothinG (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 03:55:35 PM

Yeah, continue to spam google with packets. They will, think you are trying to DDoS them(unlikely to happen with a single computer especially to bring down google)
You must not understand why I made this script.
When you ping anything public (google, yahoo...or any IP that is outside of your local network) but you don't have connectivity, the packets wont ever get there.
My connection kept going down every 30-40 ping's so I doubt google would ever think it was an attack.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2012, 04:08:47 PM

When you ping anything public (google, yahoo...or any IP that is outside of your local network) but you don't have connectivity, the packets wont ever get there.
My connection kept going down every 30-40 ping's so I doubt google would ever think it was an attack.

But, if a 1,000 of us used that script at the same time incorporating a different URL, then what would happen? I, too, have been having trouble with Comcast lately.

~Bruno~
NothinG (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 04:11:51 PM

But, if a 1,000 of us used that script at the same time incorporating a different URL, then what would happen? I, too, have been having trouble with Comcast lately.

~Bruno~

If 1k people can take out google using an IMCP attack, I'll cry laughing...

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 04:40:56 PM

~Bruno~

If 1k people can take out google using an IMCP attack, I'll cry laughing...
Hell, I would qualify for doing an IMCP attack based on how I practice my Google-fu.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: