Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:19:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Complaints about amount of Monero posts thread  (Read 5384 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:53:18 AM

The superior alternative cryptocurrency Monero has taken the alt world by storm and unfortunately for the average scamcoin, Monero is taking up all the space in the alt coin section.

This thread is for those of you that really hate Monero getting in the way of your latest scamcoin, so feel free to vent your frustration here!
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:19:46 AM

so when is the dump?

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
kd5zgl

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:56:52 AM

you missed it Tongue
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:33:01 AM

I heard Monero devs are spammers who are creating many threads to cover up some funny businesss. Is it true?

karlb187

Activity: 210

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 05:56:18 AM

I like Latium!  Grin

They give you coins just to join and you earn more coins on 100 referral levels!

I have made over 5000LAT and gotten over 0.50 BTC for them!

Best free altcoin ever!

Still not too late.

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:41:53 AM

lol, XMR is very hot now
and i can see some threads pop out here Tongue

I like Latium!  Grin

They give you coins just to join and you earn more coins on 100 referral levels!

I have made over 5000LAT and gotten over 0.50 BTC for them!

Best free altcoin ever!

Still not too late.
this thread talk about monero, why do you spam it with latium Roll Eyes
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:49:25 AM

will fade away like everything else, the price is already high, no room to grow, and i don't like the name...
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:52:27 AM

will fade away like everything else, the price is already high, no room to grow, and i don't like the name...

The name is awesome, I love it.

The price is peanuts for what you're getting, a truly anonymous currency that may easily be the silver to Bitcoin's gold.

Room to grow, the technology has huge room to grow, the price has huge room to grow.

Thanks for the laugh Amph.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:56:29 AM

not compatible with bitcoin api. Unless it wants to form its own niche isolated community - go for it.

Adoption will be for the minority and hence will die. Be realistic.

And yes number of threads is stupid. Keep all your shit inside a single ANN thread like everyone else.
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:56:11 AM

not compatible with bitcoin api. Unless it wants to form its own niche isolated community - go for it.

And yes number of threads is stupid. Keep all your shit inside a single ANN thread like everyone else.

Bitcoin API?

Funny how Dell.com added Bitcoin even though Bitcoin wasn't compatible with the VISA API. Is it possible merchants will add Monero if the demand is eventually there to make more money, or in your world view, they will go without because it doesn't fit into a limited set of technical specifications?

Also Monero is larger than the scamcoins, and thus needs more threads.

In fact it would probably be easier to rename the alt coin section "Monero" and put an end to all the scams.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 09:52:17 AM

The Bitcoin API is fundamentally broken - it assumes that the daemon (that syncs up to the network) and the wallet are the same thing. Monero has complete separation of concerns, which means you can run multiple wallets on the same physical computer, and we can have a CLI wallet (simplewallet) and a wallet for automation (rpcwallet) as separate binaries. In this respect alone, Monero has a superior architecture to Bitcoin's, although this is something that Bitcoin is hoping to do in Bitcoin Core at some stage.

Over and above that, the Bitcoin API assumes that you have a single wallet with multiple addresses, and all the RPC calls are designed to check addresses and so on. This is fundamentally at odds with Monero, as you don't have multiple addresses (it uses stealth addresses, effectively) and have to track payments using a payment ID. This means that sending funds is similarly different.

At any rate, I fully agree with drawingthesun - merchant systems will adapt to accommodate the Monero RPC API, just as major altcoin exchanges have done so.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:36:13 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 11:26:01 AM by Spoetnik

I heard Monero devs are spammers who are creating many threads to cover up some funny businesss. Is it true?

i seen one guy in here mention how he created over 60 accounts to "Like" his coins he posts here..

i find it doubtful he was the only one doing it out of around 340,000 user accounts here.

if you believe pretty much anything here your a gullible idiot soon to be broke lol

edit:
i have not seen as many topics compared to the NXT or NEM spammers though.. they are waaay worse i think.

edit2:
i looked at first couple pages and i see what you mean now.. they have LOOOOOOOTS of monero topics lol
so.. it's on my avoid list LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 12:39:44 PM

i seen one guy in here mention how he created over 60 accounts to "Like" his coins he posts here..

i find it doubtful he was the only one doing it out of around 340,000 user accounts here.

if you believe pretty much anything here your a gullible idiot soon to be broke lol

edit:
i have not seen as many topics compared to the NXT or NEM spammers though.. they are waaay worse i think.

edit2:
i looked at first couple pages and i see what you mean now.. they have LOOOOOOOTS of monero topics lol
so.. it's on my avoid list LOL

smooth is one of the core team members, he was being sarcastic.

The reason there are "looooots" of Monero topics is because there is intense interest from those that are knowledgeable about cryptocurrencies, as well as those who were early Bitcoin holders. It would likely be in your best interest to investigate why this keen interest exists (and the subsequent threads) before "avoiding" it.

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:31:00 PM

Monero is great
onemorebtc

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:43:04 PM

Monero is great

you are off topic!
this is not a complaint...

transfer 3 onemorebtc.k1024.de 1
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 01:56:55 PM

Funny how what was supposed to be a joke threafs ended up with actual content Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
AliceWonder

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:20:47 PM

The Bitcoin API is fundamentally broken - it assumes that the daemon (that syncs up to the network) and the wallet are the same thing.

A) Please demonstrate

B) If A can be done, Please explain why it is a problem

Otherwise it is just FUD

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
AliceWonder

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:23:06 PM

The reason there are "looooots" of Monero topics is because there is intense interest from those that are knowledgeable about cryptocurrencies,

There was a lot of similar hyping of dogecoin as it crumbled.

And that's what statements like that say to me - the coin is crumbling so you are trying to hype up momentum.

It may have worked in the past but its old tactic now, and has the opposite of the desired effect.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 03:27:50 PM

The reason there are "looooots" of Monero topics is because there is intense interest from those that are knowledgeable about cryptocurrencies,

And that's what statements like that say to me - the coin is crumbling so you are trying to hype up momentum.

It may have worked in the past but its old tactic now, and has the opposite of the desired effect.

Yopu should not invest in an asset without ample reading first. Then you will make your own opinion.
Leads: Risto Pietila, Gregory Maxwell, Peter Todd, dga, devtome, Tacotime, the OP with the various monero missives...

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
AliceWonder

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:44:49 PM

Yopu should not invest in an asset without ample reading first. Then you will make your own opinion.
Leads: Risto Pietila, Gregory Maxwell, Peter Todd, dga, devtome, Tacotime, the OP with the various monero missives...

Yes, I had no opinion of Monero before but now my opinion is that if I want to use it, now's not the right time because it appears that there is a social engineering attempt taking place to boost confidence in it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: