Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:07:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why should common people use bitcoin?  (Read 2151 times)
Impros88 (OP)

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:21:18 PM

Iwant to know your opinion briefly. Consider tthat common people want easy to use things, common people don't know a lot of technology, common people use apple because android is to complicated and dangerous. So I am talking of this kind of people. Why should they use bitcoin? what would be their real advantage (and saving few dollars in bank fee is not so big advantage)? how would they use bitcoin? in which kind of transaction would they have a real benefit over actual systems so to use bitcoin? 
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:37:56 PM

People should use Bitcoin if they have a need to do so, or can benefit in doing so with little cost (effort, time, monetary etc).

As the technology becomes more popular, more applications are created and more merchants accept the payment, you will see a reduction in some of the cost as previously defined.

Right now, if people don't know much about Bitcoin, or whether it can benefit them then they shouldn't use it - though they should be educated in an engaging manner.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:39:54 PM

Iwant to know your opinion briefly. Consider tthat common people want easy to use things, common people don't know a lot of technology, common people use apple because android is to complicated and dangerous. So I am talking of this kind of people. Why should they use bitcoin? what would be their real advantage (and saving few dollars in bank fee is not so big advantage)? how would they use bitcoin? in which kind of transaction would they have a real benefit over actual systems so to use bitcoin? 

I personaly think the whole idea of average joe using bitcoin is bad.
Bitcoin should be a privilege asset, like gold, for storing value, not as an everyday spending money..

Also, when u think about average american's inteligence, can you honestly say that its a good idea?
They would all get their wallets stolen in a matter of days.

Cheers
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:44:40 PM

I personaly think the whole idea of average joe using bitcoin is bad.
Bitcoin should be a privilege asset, like gold, for storing value, not as an everyday spending money..

Also, when u think about average american's inteligence, can you honestly say that its a good idea?
They would all get their wallets stolen in a matter of days.

Cheers

Yup, as with many assets, Bitcoin's safe keeping requires the consideration and means. With banks we have comfort in that they are responsible for keeping the backing of our money safe, and that they should guarantee its safe keeping, at least up to a given figure per account.

Just as with a nice car, you might want to consider storing it in a garage with cameras, an alarm, immobiliser etc.

Whenever we have something of value, we need to consider its safe keeping, and with Bitcoin that presents a problem to the "average Joe" at the moment in time. But it goes further, Bitcoin's volatile market price is off-putting to many people.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 12:47:07 PM

common people didnt use the early internet too. so just wait and watch  Cheesy

btmtb

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:51:26 PM

Why they should:
One-world view toward the flow of money. Without borders, ridiculous fees and delays.

Why they shouldn't (the average joe):
Because it has no consumer protection.
Because they don't yet understand how to keep it secure.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:51:31 PM

because common people need to learn to ignore drug laws too, and buy shit online they normally wouldn't (like meth).

i am here.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4502

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:21:15 PM

we are currently still at the innovator/early adopter stage, the infrastructure is growing, its not quite there yet for 'granny and little pete' to use.

everyone is trying hard to get bitcoin to solve all transaction types. but right now bitcoin does solve the 'paypal' payment scenarios. where instead of sending funds to a businesses username/email. bitcoin send funds to someones QR code/address.

it solves alot of credit card and wire transfer case transactions too.

but i find that people are trying to make it so that it solves human interaction issues too. where for instance people scan a Qr code for a table number (becomes a message) EG "Starbucks store number 99887 table number 12" and then customers scans QR codes of each item of coffee, snack they want. and it forms a multisend transaction EG:

1CAf3L4te3xtracr3amblahblahblah
1Bagle3xtraCr5tyblahblahblah

.. there are many many ways to impliment it so that customers dont have to wait in lines at a cashiers desk just to make an order, but do it from the comfort of a table they spotted on their way in. and to be honest this human interaction is not what bitcoin is about. bitcoin is just the payment mechanism and the bitcoin-core team DO NOT have to even contemplate how people will use bitcoin. that is for individual businesses to develop. as a layer ontop of bitcoin. not bitcoin itself.

after all, people do wire transfers daily, but find BUSINESSES such as mastercard make it easier, its the same money going around (FIAT) but its what businesses do with it and how businesses accept it that make the difference

so in short relax. bitcoin has better usefulness then paypal, credit cards and wire transfer. all that is needed now is the infrustructure around bitcoin to develop before joe public see the benefits.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
juju

Activity: 381

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:17:50 PM

The answer to these questions will require you too do some research, it is much larger than the space of this thread and what people will be able distill into several hundred characters for you. The questions you pose are very open ended as well.

Edit: Spelling
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 03:42:05 PM

So they won't have to remain common people in the Bitcoin future.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:56:42 PM

why should common people use bitcoin?
I think average people will use Bitcoin in the future because it will become mainstream for buying and selling digital goods and services, not regulated by the government but users, very simple to use, self control etc.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Sefton

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:36:32 PM

Why does anyone want to use it? the benefits speak for themselves.
Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:37:53 PM

Common people? As with all technology it is first adopted by a select few who are in the know, but once it becomes mainstream these 'common people' will all wish they took the time to try understand or use the technology. I don't think bitcoin is even that complicated to use, but I realise that it seems to at first, but as with all tech that is a barrier people need to overcome.
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:01:04 PM

Common people should use bitcoin to make me richer.

I jest... I don't have that much really, I only have what has been paid to me for stuff I sold which isn't that much as I don't sell a lot.

The common people should should use bitcoin because there is a serious problem with the banking industry, at least in the US.

In the US we have freedom of speech but that only protects us from government.

Adult content sites are being told to take down some content or they lose credit card processing.

I'm not talking obscene content -

These payment processing companies will scan for the word "golden" because of "golden shower" and the word "force" because of rape.

When they find it, they don't give a rats ass about the context. The site could be talking about Golden Eagles and Market Force.

All they care about is that their scan of the adult site hit those words.

So the sites have to change their content or lose credit card processing abilities. Interesting some sites don't, so I suspect there are some payoffs happening.

But anyway, point is if you control the flow of money - you have the power, and I believe that power belongs with the people and not the 1%ers that run the banking industry.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:36:02 PM

With companies like Circle coming there will be a safe and easy for for people to begin to use bitcoin.

It looks like using Circle will be similar to having a bank account. I'm curious as to how it will actually work out. I think they are just starting their beta now.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:57:54 PM

With companies like Circle coming there will be a safe and easy for for people to begin to use bitcoin.

It looks like using Circle will be similar to having a bank account. I'm curious as to how it will actually work out. I think they are just starting their beta now.

I am still awaiting my invitation from them. Has anyone gotten one yet?

BitProdigy

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

We Are The New Wealthy Elite, Gentlemen

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:07:35 PM

These "common people" of which you speak are not going to be using bitcoin until it becomes equally or more popular to use than dollars. The Dollar will have had to have taken a huge hit and become nearly worthless. These "common people" are the kinds of people that didn't have the internet until everybody had the internet.

Also it is necessary to broaden your horizons and realize that "common people" refers to more than one country. The "common person" in America is very different that the "common person" in Mexico or Africa, and they would have much more incentive to use Bitcoin than the American "common person". For instance the "common person" in Mexico may have a relative in America who wants to send him/her money, with bitcoin this is trivial, with fiat there are hoops to jump through, and as you well know, the "common person" avoids hoops at all costs.  Wink
tmbp

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:44:11 PM

You could say the same about the internet in the early days, what kind of geek would memorize all these IPs?  Grin
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:50:23 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 11:37:31 AM by PolarPoint

Because some common people in some parts of the world are holding a currency that is depreciating everyday and/or their life savings are going to be taxed.
Kayex

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:11:10 PM

I personally think that common people shouldn't be using BTC as of now.
Not until a lot of major stores similar to dell start accepting BTC.

But it saves time, and there are less transaction fees.
Those are the 2 popular arguments.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: