Bitcoin Forum
September 02, 2024, 07:05:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Towers of Cryptocurrency - introduce friends/family to cryptos - open source, 3d  (Read 1050 times)
smeagol (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:33:04 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 05:51:28 PM by smeagol

The Towers Of Cryptocurrency:
(Album: imgur.com/a/SM3kk)

The Towers of Cryptocurrency is a Devcoin-funded, open-source, 3D printable model that can be used to introduce friends, family, children, and others to cryptocurrency.  This thread is specifically for altcoins, if you want to buy it with BTC see the thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=701411.0

Download
The model (STL format) is available for download and printing here: http://GitHub.com/smeagol-gollum/Towers-Of-Cryptocurrency

It is released under a revised MIT license.

Buy with Altcoins!
If you don't have a 3D printer and would like to buy a model, please post below.  The cost is $45 in DVC + shipping, or $50 in DOGE, LTC, DRK, NMC + shipping.  If you want to buy in an altcoin not listed here, I will assess its volatility and give you a quote.  (Between $45-60)

New prices:
Towers of Crypto PLA Printed Model: BTC0.075 ($45)
Custom additions: BTC0.017 (~$10, depending on the addition (e.g. Add a new coin))
Conditions: Devcoin and devcoin funded project must remain on model
US shipping: BTC0.01 $6
Altcoin volatility tax: variable
At the end, the total BTC or USD will be converted to your choice of alt.

Questions/Comments
Leave your thoughts below!

h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:44:10 PM

This is a great concept! Except the price is pretty high :?

I was thinking that you could add a feature, maybe turn each one of those coin rings into a wallet?

- Have a hidden slot?
- Have room for qr code?

I mean it be a toy + act as a small wallet (NOT FOR LARGE FUNDS) but I think it be a great (additional) purpose. You could make each 3-D print custom and have the option to include two QR codes (one public, one private) and have those codes printed onto each of the ring.
smeagol (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:58:10 PM

This is a great concept! Except the price is pretty high :?

Factoring in my time, development costs, and hiring a designer and printer, as well as the uniqueness of the toy it is justified.  Maybe we can work out a discount, though...  Wink

I was thinking that you could add a feature, maybe turn each one of those coin rings into a wallet?

- Have a hidden slot?
- Have room for qr code?

I mean it be a toy + act as a small wallet (NOT FOR LARGE FUNDS) but I think it be a great (additional) purpose. You could make each 3-D print custom and have the option to include two QR codes (one public, one private) and have those codes printed onto each of the ring.

That would be a bit complex and take some time to develop, but as the model is open source, maybe you can!  Smiley
pr0m3theus2013

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:15:04 AM

OMG! I have a baby on the way in february. Shut up and take my money!
smeagol (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:47:34 PM

OMG! I have a baby on the way in february. Shut up and take my money!

Haha  Cheesy

New prices:
Towers of Crypto PLA Printed Model: BTC0.075 ($45)
Custom additions: BTC0.017 (~$10, depending on the addition (e.g. Add a new coin))
Conditions: Devcoin and devcoin funded project must remain on model
US shipping: BTC0.01 $6
Altcoin volatility tax: variable
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: